I must have hit something the right way because when I was in a thread of text messages from a single person the option to select multiple messages w/ a check box popped up. I have always wanted this, but never knew the option existed. I can't get it back now. Input on how to do this please.
    03-19-2015 11:16 AM
    If you're using the stock messaging app, you can do that with threads but not individual messages inside the thread. Just tap and hold on the thread and the SELECT boxes will appear. Alternatively, you can hit the menu button while in thread view and tap SELECT.
    03-19-2015 11:22 AM
    If you're using the stock messaging app, you can do that with threads but not individual messages inside the thread. Just tap and hold on the thread and the SELECT boxes will appear. Alternatively, you can hit the menu button while in thread view and tap SELECT.
    It happened in the thread for one person. I don't know how it happened. I was able to recreate this by clicking on the picture of the person in the thread w/ the s pen, but I can't replicate it with my finger. Unless the stock messaging app went haywire, it is possible because it happened to me by accident.
    03-19-2015 11:36 AM
    Aha! Well, it's interesting haha you CAN do it with the S-Pen. Tap and hold the S-Pen Button and then tap, hold, and drag the S-Pen on the screen (without releasing the button; you'll see a little cross-hairs mark on the screen as you hover). Basically you'll be selecting multiple items. You can't do this with your finger and basically the only action it'll let you do is delete multiple messages at once.
    03-19-2015 11:45 AM
    Aha! Well, it's interesting haha you CAN do it with the S-Pen. Tap and hold the S-Pen Button and then tap, hold, and drag the S-Pen on the screen (without releasing the button; you'll see a little cross-hairs mark on the screen as you hover). Basically you'll be selecting multiple items. You can't do this with your finger and basically the only action it'll let you do is delete multiple messages at once.
    It must have gone haywire on me then. It was kind of freezy and unresponsive, and then the check boxes popped up (s pen sleeved during all this)
    03-19-2015 11:55 AM
    So I figured it out. When in a text message thread, hit the trash can at the top. Check boxes will appear to select ea message you want to delete.
    04-10-2015 01:39 PM
    I have an S6 on the Rogers network. I had the same thing happen to me. my screen was on one of my contact's threads. i put my phone in my back pocket and when i took it out, i saw that the checkboxes had appeared. i pressed the "back" button and they disappeared. i tried to replicate this but couldn't figure it out. I happened upon this thread and it was very helpful, so thanks for this.

To replicate this when in a single person's thread....
    - make sure NOT to have any specific message selected
    - tap on "MORE" at the top to open the menu
    - tap on "Delete" and "Voila", the menu disappears and the check boxes appear beside each individual message.

To delete multiple people threads....
    - Open the message app (you should see your list of contacts who have messaged you)
    - tap on "MORE" at the top to open the menu
    - tap on "Delete" and the check boxes appear beside each contact.

Thanks for your help!
    10-26-2016 05:28 PM