Multi-window help

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello there to all of you... I switched over to the note 4 about a week ago and am enjoying the transition from my Moto X. Lately I've been playing around with Multi-Window and was hoping someone could lend a hand or provide some guidance.

How do you get a split view, such as 50-50 top / bottom (in portrait) or 50-50 side-by-side (in landscape)? When I do multi-window and select multiple apps, I get a series of business card sized tiles which are portrait only. I can move those around but I cannot figure out how to resize them or make the screen 50-50. Additionally, can this be used in landscape format? I would really appreciate any guidance on how to use it. I've read through some other postings and also the Samsung tutorial but I'm clearly missing something! Thanks in advance...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Couple of ways you can do this.

1) Tap and hold the back button. The Multitasking tab will appear, just drag any app from there onto your screen and when you add the second app (or if a supported app is already showing), you'll get the split view.

2) Tap the Multitasking button. From your open apps, if there's a 'split view' icon on the right corner of the app card (looks like a Nintendo DS), that means the app supports split view. Tap on that icon and it'll snap to the top and let you select an open app or a new app to open at the bottom.

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
So here is another way you can do it. Hold back till you see the row of apps on the left side, when you drag both out they will look like 2 windows that you can move around, now to make them 2 windows in split screen all you have to do is drag one of those screens up to the top where the screen will turn light blue and will become full screen the other screen will still show as small, drag that also to the top and that will show a light blue, but it will be half a screen and there you go.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you to both of you for the help. Also saw that you can short press the "recents" button and select from there too.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance