06-20-2015 06:35 PM
197 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I'm in the UK with an unlocked N910F, currently using in on EE

A few days ago I upgraded to the German 5.0.1 using Odin. Had one minor issue that was my own fault, sorted with help from here .
    Other than that, no complaints about the upgrade except that it seems to be a very minor change, everything working the same with a few cosmetic changes. I haven't noticed the battery life being any better or worse, need to use it longer to see if there is any real difference.
    04-15-2015 05:21 AM
    Have updated my note 4 and am now getting 'Vodafone' on my lock screen along the top where it showed new messages... Anyone know how to get rid of that?
    04-15-2015 05:32 AM
    Have updated my note 4 and am now getting 'Vodafone' on my lock screen along the top where it showed new messages... Anyone know how to get rid of that?
    You can't, it's a new "feature" in Lollipop.
    04-15-2015 05:55 AM
    You can't, it's a new "feature" in Lollipop.
    That's shocking....
    04-15-2015 06:01 AM
    That's shocking....
    But you should still be able to see your notifications on the lock screen.
    04-15-2015 06:14 AM
    Noticed it on mine as well, but it's not the end of the world.

I can deal with '3' in the top left corner :-)
    04-15-2015 07:09 AM
    But you should still be able to see your notifications on the lock screen.
    I used to just have it so they showed up along that strip across the top... Little envelope etc...
    04-15-2015 07:31 AM
    so looks like I cannot hang up on people, the call just hangs until the other side hangs up & I hate the fact that chrome tabs are new windows now and you cannot switch between them without going to the task manager which takes a second or 2 to load unless I'm missing something?
    04-17-2015 05:38 AM
    so looks like I cannot hang up on people, the call just hangs until the other side hangs up & I hate the fact that chrome tabs are new windows now and you cannot switch between them without going to the task manager which takes a second or 2 to load unless I'm missing something?
    Not having that at this end. I will go as far as saying I've not had a single issue since upgrading.

I used the "unknown" file which actually turns out is from the Netherlands on mine. File name is:

N910FXXU1BOC3_N910FTPD1BOC1_TPD.zip
    04-17-2015 07:04 AM
    found a setting in chrome to not combine chrome tabs with other apps, that's ok now
    only the hang up issue remains
    04-17-2015 10:42 AM
    looks like there's a new build rolling out
    Firmware for Samsung SM-N910F - SamMobile
    BOC5
    04-18-2015 12:32 PM
    Battery seems to have settled down.
    Nik Brooks likes this.
    04-18-2015 01:05 PM
    Why is it being rolled out to simfree phones last? Is it because they iron out any faults or it just because its less important for Samsung?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    04-18-2015 01:15 PM
    Samsung Note 4 (insurance replacement) so now I've got a SIM free model.

On Three here in the UK - still no update.

Infuriating.

My mate has a Note 4 through Vodafone, it's on lollipop. I'm tempted to put his SIM into mine and see if it will update lol.
    04-18-2015 02:18 PM
    Samsung Note 4 (insurance replacement) so now I've got a SIM free model.

On Three here in the UK - still no update.

Infuriating.

My mate has a Note 4 through Vodafone, it's on lollipop. I'm tempted to put his SIM into mine and see if it will update lol.
    it won't update, I'm on voda with a sim free note 4 and had to flash with the german version
    04-18-2015 02:46 PM
    Battery seems to have settled down.
    it improved for me after a couple of days too
    04-18-2015 02:46 PM
    Why is it being rolled out to simfree phones last? Is it because they iron out any faults or it just because its less important for Samsung?

Hi,
    Go back through this thread and read my posts.
    Lollipop has issues "FACT!"
    I don't care if you have flashed your Note 4's to a different countries version as it is going to have issues of some type.
    Yes people on some carriers have had the update and despite each network testing before releasing, there are issues.
    I would love the update, however at what cost and how much frustration do I think I could deal with by flashing the phone when KitKat is running just fine.
    I am going to just wait until Samsung rolls out the official version and I am confident that it will be stable.
    Seriously is it worth all the aggravation for a few cosmetic changes? Because that is all anyone is getting at the moment.
    Lollipop is meant to boost your phones performance with regards to hardware and optimisations for existing software features, not to slow down your device and and have it become unstable.
    Patience is a vertue ... Flash at your own risk!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 04:02 PM
    Hi,
    Go back through this thread and read my posts.
    Lollipop has issues "FACT!"
    I don't care if you have flashed your Note 4's to a different countries version as it is going to have issues of some type.
    Yes people on some carriers have had the update and despite each network testing before releasing, there are issues.
    I would love the update, however at what cost and how much frustration do I think I could deal with by flashing the phone when KitKat is running just fine.
    I am going to just wait until Samsung rolls out the official version and I am confident that it will be stable.
    Seriously is it worth all the aggravation for a few cosmetic changes? Because that is all anyone is getting at the moment.
    Lollipop is meant to boost your phones performance with regards to hardware and optimisations for existing software features, not to slow down your device and and have it become unstable.
    Patience is a vertue ... Flash at your own risk!

Posted via the Android Central App
    I have updated my Note4 to Lollipop with no issues. In fact it seems to be getting better as time goes on. I can now get about 2 days of useage or 4 days if I just keep it on standby and don't use the phone at all - don't see the point in that but you get my drift.

Lollipop does have issues but not for everybody. This forum does not represent everybody with a lollipop phone - just the people who post on here. Majority of people only post on here when they have an issue not when everything is all right as that is just boring.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    04-18-2015 06:24 PM
    it won't update, I'm on voda with a sim free note 4 and had to flash with the german version
    My mate didn't flash his.. I take it the update only arrived on his because he has a Vodafone branded Note 4 then?
    04-18-2015 09:39 PM
    Had a few problems since I updated...
    The battery life has seriously decreased. Was fine before the update but yesterday I was out all day and every time I glanced at the screen the percentage had dropped about 4% despite nothing running. The phone was very warm too. I had to switch it off between checking the time in order to make sure I had enough battery until I got home... This is the first time I have had battery life issues.
    Also opening the camera app causes the app to stutter and I have to wait a while to take a pic... Which is irritating when I need to take a quick photo..

Oh and in WhatsApp the keyboard seems to freeze at times now when it didn't before...
    04-19-2015 02:26 AM
    My mate didn't flash his.. I take it the update only arrived on his because he has a Vodafone branded Note 4 then?
    I have a Vodafone Note 4 and I'm still waiting.
    I know I'm being a bit irrational in getting impatient, but it's getting silly how long it's taking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-19-2015 03:00 AM
    I have a Vodafone Note 4 and I'm still waiting.
    I know I'm being a bit irrational in getting impatient, but it's getting silly how long it's taking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mine is Vodafone and have got the update... Contract one...
    04-19-2015 03:11 AM
    yup
    04-19-2015 05:07 AM
    Had a few problems since I updated...
    The battery life has seriously decreased. Was fine before the update but yesterday I was out all day and every time I glanced at the screen the percentage had dropped about 4% despite nothing running. The phone was very warm too. I had to switch it off between checking the time in order to make sure I had enough battery until I got home... This is the first time I have had battery life issues.
    Also opening the camera app causes the app to stutter and I have to wait a while to take a pic... Which is irritating when I need to take a quick photo..

Oh and in WhatsApp the keyboard seems to freeze at times now when it didn't before...
    If wiping cache partition doesn't help, factory reset is the only option. I know we all hate doing it but sometimes it's necessary, especially after a big update. It usually solves all problems.
    04-19-2015 06:37 AM
    Its not being irrational. We have one of the latest flagship devices, which should be running the latest android version. BTW I'm not flashing, I will wait for the official release.

I've had the update on my S4 which is two years old now for a couple of months, yet the new just six month old Note 4 is still without it.

YragTtocs and Nik Brooks like this.
    04-19-2015 07:15 AM
197 ... 23456 ...