Lollipop update for Note 4 in the UK?

lee Tovell

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm on O2 and updated to. 5.0.1 the other day and it's horrid glitches and app issues and my battery's is just draining get about 6 hours of mild use have tyred all battery saving tips updated all apps to no avail I'll be downgrading soon as till they sort it out

Posted via the Android Central App

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm on O2 and updated to. 5.0.1 the other day and it's horrid glitches and app issues and my battery's is just draining get about 6 hours of mild use have tyred all battery saving tips updated all apps to no avail I'll be downgrading soon as till they sort it out

I did just that (downgraded to KK) and it was the best decision I made. Now my phone is perfect again, just how it was to start with. But be careful if you do as you will have to factory reset it afterwards.

Last edited:

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Have to say I'm coming around to lollipop. I've factory reset my note (twice - Google play services crashed on me) and after a day it's settled down and is snappy as ever. I haven't even put nova launcher back on as everything seems to work. Dare I say it I actually like touchwiz.
Never thought I'd say that!!

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
No news on ee update at all... Really taking the micky now. I'll be changing to the note 5 by the time we get an update.... Android updates really bothering me now... Could even pay a visit back to ios come September

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
If I flash the official samsung lollipop onto my note 4, does that mean I will get all official OTA updates from Samsung?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
As I have just upgraded my phone from the Note 3 to the Note 4 in the last week, I didnt spend any time with kitkat as I updated out of the box, my question is, when you are charging your phone and have the 'fast charge' option ticked, does it say 'fast charging' or anything like on the screen/notification bar?
I have the option to enable and did a charge from 48% to full and it took around 1 hour 20 (phone on but not in use)

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even get "battery fully charged. Unplug charger" notification while on Lollipop. One of the many reason I went back to KitKat and don't regret doing that at all.

Last edited:

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
As I have just upgraded my phone from the Note 3 to the Note 4 in the last week, I didnt spend any time with kitkat as I updated out of the box, my question is, when you are charging your phone and have the 'fast charge' option ticked, does it say 'fast charging' or anything like on the screen/notification bar?
I have the option to enable and did a charge from 48% to full and it took around 1 hour 20 (phone on but not in use)

When you pull down notificatiosn from top, you should see Fast Charging. 1h 20 sounds too long from 48-100%, should be around 30m.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I realise this, I've contacted Samsung UK and they say the charger that was supplied in the box is the correct one but googling the model number ep-ta10uwe it comes up as the S5/Note 3 charger, this is weird as the box was sealed from delivery.
Any new/recent owners check their model numbers just to check please.

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm also from the UK I have 2 official chargers as had an insurance claim. My work charger model number is EP-TA20UWE it also says adaptive fast charging on the other side of the plug.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
OK Samsung's first response to me was 'use the charger that came with your device' and I even sent them a photo of the charger!
So when I tell them I've Googled the model number and it's not an Adaptive fast charger, they say 'the model code you have provided is not a fast charger'
YOU DON'T SAY!
So after contacting my phone supplier they are going to send me a fast charger.
Still seems weird that a sealed box could contain the wrong charger but at least I wasn't losing my mind and it's sorted now and maybe of help to someone else in the future.
Thanks to those who tried to help
PS the reason this is posted in this thread is because Samsung said it's likely a lollipop issue and wait for an update fix lol.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Camera API 2.0 was not implemented in the Samsung 5.0.1 build. Hopefully it will be in 5.1.1 whenever that comes.

Ahhhh that explains it. I had come to the conclusion that my carrier hadn't enabled the features in their firmware release but your explanation has put my mind at rest.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma