12-05-2016 06:03 PM
53 123
tools
    I tried a complete wipe and it didn't work. Verizon sent me a replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2015 11:48 AM
    Update: this is crazy I'm on the new phone and now it just started the slow charging again. I only use the Samsung charger and Verizon charger unless I'm in the car but because I have 2 batteries I rarely have to charge it. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know if it is an app doing this or what. I wipe it completelyand it doesn't help. What's the odds of getting 2 phones back to back like this?

When I did a soft reset, the unlocked sign was showing at the bottom of the screen before it came back on. Like if the bootloader was unlocked.

04-11-2015 10:37 PM
    Update: this is crazy I'm on the new phone and now it just started the slow charging again. I only use the Samsung charger and Verizon charger unless I'm in the car but because I have 2 batteries I rarely have to charge it. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know if it is an app doing this or what. I wipe it completelyand it doesn't help. What's the odds of getting 2 phones back to back like this?

When I did a soft reset, the unlocked sign was showing at the bottom of the screen before it came back on. Like if the bootloader was unlocked.

For me it was the cable. Once I changed it to another one I haven't had anymore issues.

Note in my house!
    04-11-2015 10:56 PM
    For me it was the cable. Once I changed it to another one I haven't had anymore issues.

Note in my house!
    Did your phone go back to normal or did you have to replace it

04-12-2015 12:21 AM
    Did your phone go back to normal or did you have to replace it

I haven't replaced the phone. I just replaced the cable.

Note in my house!
    04-12-2015 11:54 AM
    I haven't replaced the phone. I just replaced the cable.

Note in my house!
    All cables do the same thing now show USB charging. Last night it died while charging. I woke up with it being off and charging at 83% I went to bed at 1230 woke up at 830. This is on the Samsung charger. Now I can't sync it with the pc or save my data. So frustrating

04-12-2015 01:48 PM
    The problem could be a bad usb port or USB card. I would take it to the dealer to see if he can connect the phone.
    04-12-2015 02:06 PM
    Mine started doing this after the Lollipop update to, I have found that if I unplug the cable from the phone and plug it back in it charges like it should. It doesn't matter if the phone is on or off.
    04-12-2015 02:18 PM
    What's crazy is that I'm only at 23% and I took it off the charger at 830. I'm a heavy user and it seems like in the past my phone would have had to switch batteries by now. Maybe it's just in my head. I'm about to play a game and really find out.

04-12-2015 04:35 PM
    What app do you use to see that battery monitor?

04-13-2015 01:26 AM
    What's crazy is that I'm only at 23% and I took it off the charger at 830. I'm a heavy user and it seems like in the past my phone would have had to switch batteries by now. Maybe it's just in my head. I'm about to play a game and really find out.

Exact same ISSUE..... after updated to Lollipop
    Thought I was crazy and got phone in December too....
    06-02-2015 04:03 PM
    I think I was able to solve the slow charging problem on my Note 4.
    Since the upgrade to Android V5, it took me 6 to 8 hours to charge the phone.
    I have unselected the fast charging option and it took my now about an hour to charge the Note 4 which battery was almost empty.
    06-10-2015 07:22 AM
    Before lollipop I would get a 'fast charging' notification when I plugged it in. Now i am no longer getting this message I just realized now. Anyone else??
    06-11-2015 09:48 AM
    My note 4 started doing the same thing today. I have a samsung charger from my galaxy tab pro that i've used before and it is charging really slow... i have restarted my phone a few times... it says USB charging... i have another charger 700mA charger for an older samsung phone and when plugged in it said AC charging... this is weird... i'll try my regular charger when i get home...

EDIT: I tried a different charger today (the one i always use) with a different cable than the ones i used yesterday and charging is back to Normal... This is weird because i've used that other charger before as well as the same cable and everything was fine. Oh well... at least i know now it's not a phone issue.
    06-16-2015 06:38 PM
    Its weird that know one seems to know the trick to fixing the slow charging with ANY portable device.
    So let me explain,
    Anytime your phone, Ipad, Notebook, Laptop, Phone or whatever get really low on battery. Your phone draws more power from the charger cable trying to keep it charged, causing major heat in the phone and even more current draw from the charger cable.
    Like those times when you realize your at a low percent and continue using your phone while its plugged in anyways because you have games to play or heavier apps to use like Navigator, while its plugged into the car.
    The high current draw causes alot of heat in the cable and triggers a safety deal within the cable, limiting the current draw to prevent overheating damage to any device, causing about a 80% reduction in charging current (or speed). I've even seen them not charge at all anymore if they got really hot and fixed all these issues just by putting the charger cable in the fridge or freezer for about 30 mins.
    This will reset the cable to work properly again.
    This actually just happened on my new galaxy note edge just a couple hours ago and had to do this to get the fast charging back again.
    Cheers everyone!
    07-02-2015 11:49 PM
    Donebrasko - did you ever figure this out? I am having EXACT same issues. First I thought it was the phone, got a replacement phone from T-mobile. Same issues - slow to charge, loses power while charging plugged into wall, will NOT be recognized by a computer (tried 2 different computers). Thought maybe I melted my battery...got a replacement battery. Same issues. Thought it was my chargers...Bought two Samsung manufactured adaptive fast chargers. Still not working. Got a THIRD phone today from T-mobile - had the fast charger plugged into phone while i was setting up my "new" phone and noticed that it said "adaptive fast charging" at the top but as the updates came pouring in it eventually went away. it's back to charging very slowly and STILL not recognized by computer. I also removed my samsung MicroSD card thinking maybe that was it - no dice. I'm at a loss for words.

I've scoured chat forums like this one for hours, trouble shot everything I can and no luck. At this point I think it's either the lollipop update or one of the apps i have installed. Because this just isn't right. Donebrasko - if you got it figured out please come back and share. thanks.
    07-27-2015 10:44 PM
    My note 4 is charging very slow. Is anyone else having that problem? My fast charge didn't even kick in. Told me it would take over 3 hours to charge and I was at 55. I'm at 88% and it's saying it's going to take 53 minutes. This just started.

08-21-2015 08:45 PM
    Mine does the same exact thing I even purchased a new charger and it still takes forever
    08-21-2015 09:42 PM
    My device starts with the same symptoms 3 days ago.

* Charging very slowly
    * Charging only indicates USB Charging
    * CPU does not go to deep sleep anymore. I use CPU spy and it is most of the times using the low frequency 400MHz or the highest one 1300MHz
    * Is not recognized in Windows or Ubuntu

I tried:

* Different cables and charges
    * Wipe cache partition
    * Factory Reset

Nothing solved the problem so far!

Before the factory reset I was very convinced that it was a software problem but now I am thinking can be a hardware problem.

The most weird part is that this problem started just after my phone start popping up repeatedly a Gear VR app wizard. I was in a hotel room when this started happening - so maybe someone in the next room had a Gear VR as I don't have one, but I was not on WiFi, not with Bluetooth or NFC on, so I don't know why this Gear VR app was repeatedly showing up.

It is weird and frustrating.
    09-02-2015 06:22 AM
    I suggest these things

1) download the app called (ampere) from google play and see the amount of current that charge the phone.

2) Turn on the Ultra Power Saving Mode and charge the phone then see if it charged fast or not

If the 2 things above failed then it is a carrier software issue since it's appear on 5.1.1 and specific variant.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 11:17 AM
    You do have fast charging box ticked don't you?

As said above fast charging on the Note is a bit of a gimmick and if you want true fast charging look to Oppo, mine charges from 0-100% in under an hour with almost the same size battery.
    Yeah if anyone is having this problem please make sure to go to settings>battery and make sure you have the fast charging box ticked. I was scrolling through this thread because I thought my phone was charging a little slower than if should be (considering it is supposed to be fast charging). And to my surprise this was my solution! Somehow my fast charging had been disabled!
    10-03-2015 10:16 PM
    I have had the same exact issue for the padt 2 months. I've purchased 2 extra batteries as well as an external charger. The external charger has been the only solution. My phone can be plugged in the charger (samsung... different ones) and still take longer than 8 hrs to charge fully.
    10-31-2015 07:39 AM
    why if im chrging my note 4 with fast charger it takes more than 8 hrs to completely charge?
    12-02-2015 10:19 AM
    FWIW, I was having the same issue, but the cause for me was an OEM battery replacement that was not, in fact, an OEM. It was a fake that looked really, really authentic that I bought from Amazon. Once I got the actual Samsung battery in place, all was well. With only 37% of battery, my phone is now saying rapid charging will bring me to 100% in 41 minutes.
    12-07-2015 04:01 PM
    My note 4 is charging very slow. Is anyone else having that problem? My fast charge didn't even kick in. Told me it would take over 3 hours to charge and I was at 55. I'm at 88% and it's saying it's going to take 53 minutes. This just started.

12-20-2015 02:39 AM
53 123