Someone please help? Cannot forward calls

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Call Forwarding?

When going into the settings to forward calls I keep getting a network/sim error and it won't let me change any of the forwarding options. Is there something I am missing here?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Call Forwarding?

Call forwarding needs to be supported by your Carrier/SIM, so maybe this has been blocked in yours?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I cannot forward my calls. I keep getting error codes when trying to setup forwarding. I had ATT replace my sim card today, I had Samsung flash my phone to make sure the firmware is good, I was on the phone with advanced tech support for an hour going through settings, and finally did a factory reset. Still getting the error. I have attached both error codes I get. One when trying to turn on forwarding in the settings and the other by trying to enter the code on the key pad **21* then the ten digit number followed by #. Oddly enough, the lady at tech support had a Note 4 and got the same errors when she tried it with hers? Anyway, if any of you Note owners are able to get your call forwarding to work, please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-19-21-09-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-19-21-09-28.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Screenshot_2015-03-19-21-10-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-19-21-10-38.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 134

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Someone please help?

If someone at Samsung tech support gets the same error on the same phone, I'm making an educated (or call it an experienced) guess that it's a bug in the S4 firmware. (And if someone at tech support gets it, Samsung has probably already been notified, and it'll probably be fixed in the next update.)

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

If someone at Samsung tech support gets the same error on the same phone, I'm making an educated (or call it an experienced) guess that it's a bug in the S4 firmware. (And if someone at tech support gets it, Samsung has probably already been notified, and it'll probably be fixed in the next update.)
Does it work on your Note 4?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Mod Note :Merged threads on the same topic

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Are you all on AT&T? Might be a bug on their ROM or their network (again, Call Forwarding options are mostly read off the network, not the phone). I have a T-Mobile one and can set up Call Forwarding without issues.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

It's working for me. It could be an AT&T issue. My SIM is T-Mobile.

Sent from my Phabnote 4 SM-N910C
b6759bd84d2f3b72610a13d48408cb66.jpg

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I thought I was the only one with this issue. I went to AT&T store to had the sim replaced and provisioned to the IMEI of the phone. When we tried to forward the calls, it came up with the same error message. The associate spent an hour on the phone with their advanced tech support to no avail. She ask the manager if the phone can be replaced since its been 30 days. I got the phone replaced and used the sim inside the box, same result. I did not want the new phone. I have set mine the way I wanted.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I cannot forward my calls. I keep getting error codes when trying to setup forwarding. I had ATT replace my sim card today, I had Samsung flash my phone to make sure the firmware is good, I was on the phone with advanced tech support for an hour going through settings, and finally did a factory reset. Still getting the error. I have attached both error codes I get. One when trying to turn on forwarding in the settings and the other by trying to enter the code on the key pad **21* then the ten digit number followed by #. Oddly enough, the lady at tech support had a Note 4 and got the same errors when she tried it with hers? Anyway, if any of you Note owners are able to get your call forwarding to work, please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

I think its a bug. Samsung and AT&T better get together and fix this issue. I take it we're form 808. The Kapolei store replaced my sim, wanted to give me a new phone with same issue

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Are you all on AT&T? Might be a bug on their ROM or their network (again, Call Forwarding options are mostly read off the network, not the phone). I have a T-Mobile one and can set up Call Forwarding without issues.

I'm on at&t and I believe the OP is as well. It probably is a bug.

Posted via the Android Central App

colpliscol

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
This is a problem with AT&T. I'm running 4.4.4 Android on a new Note 4 and discovered that Google Voice wouldn't run on the phone. I suspect the issue is tied to AT&T's implementation of their Visual Voicemail.

After spending a few calls with AT&T Tech Support, I was able to get my Google Voice to work by using the Call Forwarding Settings of "Forward When Busy", "Forward When Unavailable", and "Forward When Unreachable" to be set to my Google Voice number. The problem is that the Note 4 has the bug you mention. It's not possible for the user to access the settings on the phone without getting the "Network or SIM card error" message.

AT&T Tech Support can manually configure these settings, but this will only help if you don't change the settings often because a call to AT&T is required. I'm hoping they fix this bug in the Lollipop build.

Be careful when calling AT&T Tech Support, the first two times I called, the Tech Support Agent had no idea that this type of Call Forwarding Settings were configurable.

For the 3rd try at calling them, I got someone more knowledgeable who first reset my voicemail to "Basic Voicemail". This is done in the AT&T system, not on the individual phone. Once that had been done, I then had to "activate" the Basic Voicemail by configuring my box. As soon as that was done, the AT&T rep was able to go into the AT&T system and manually configure the three Call Forwarding options that I wanted.

It was a huge pain to go through, especially because all I wanted to do was use Google Voice which has worked on AT&T Samsung phones going back to my first Galaxy SII.

My phone still shows the "Network or SIM card Error" whenever I try to access the Call Forwarding Settings, but at least I was able to get the Call Forwarding configured for my Google Voice to work again.

I don't know if this info helps you out, but I wanted to pass it along.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
This is a problem with AT&T. I'm running 4.4.4 Android on a new Note 4 and discovered that Google Voice wouldn't run on the phone. I suspect the issue is tied to AT&T's implementation of their Visual Voicemail.

After spending a few calls with AT&T Tech Support, I was able to get my Google Voice to work by using the Call Forwarding Settings of "Forward When Busy", "Forward When Unavailable", and "Forward When Unreachable" to be set to my Google Voice number. The problem is that the Note 4 has the bug you mention. It's not possible for the user to access the settings on the phone without getting the "Network or SIM card error" message.

AT&T Tech Support can manually configure these settings, but this will only help if you don't change the settings often because a call to AT&T is required. I'm hoping they fix this bug in the Lollipop build.

Be careful when calling AT&T Tech Support, the first two times I called, the Tech Support Agent had no idea that this type of Call Forwarding Settings were configurable.

For the 3rd try at calling them, I got someone more knowledgeable who first reset my voicemail to "Basic Voicemail". This is done in the AT&T system, not on the individual phone. Once that had been done, I then had to "activate" the Basic Voicemail by configuring my box. As soon as that was done, the AT&T rep was able to go into the AT&T system and manually configure the three Call Forwarding options that I wanted.

It was a huge pain to go through, especially because all I wanted to do was use Google Voice which has worked on AT&T Samsung phones going back to my first Galaxy SII.

My phone still shows the "Network or SIM card Error" whenever I try to access the Call Forwarding Settings, but at least I was able to get the Call Forwarding configured for my Google Voice to work again.

I don't know if this info helps you out, but I wanted to pass it along.

This is pretty much what I was told by advanced Tech support. Hopefully in Lollipop it will be fixed. Thank you all.

scmagee

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem when I updated my software to 4.4.4. I have a case with AT&T now and I am waiting to hear. One interesting note, 4.4.4 on my Samsung GS5 was supposed to enable HD Voice. It did not. I believe the two problems are related. I am in the Raleigh NC area with HD Voice has been deployed and I have a friend on AT&T with a GS5 that it does work. He is able to forward.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon let's you do it online or over the phone as well as on device. Not sure if att offers it, but might be worth a try.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem when I updated my software to 4.4.4. I have a case with AT&T now and I am waiting to hear. One interesting note, 4.4.4 on my Samsung GS5 was supposed to enable HD Voice. It did not. I believe the two problems are related. I am in the Raleigh NC area with HD Voice has been deployed and I have a friend on AT&T with a GS5 that it does work. He is able to forward.

Mmm... well, now you're on to something. And might be a good bit of info for AT&T's techs.

whitecollar

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I forward calls every night using *72 followed by the 10 digit number. I'm on Verizon (and I have a Note Edge)
Does that work for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton