So I am upgrading in July and I am deciding between these two, however because the Note 3 is more in my price range, I am leaning towards it (my range is between 400 and 500) I cant find Note 4 in that price range so I will wait till December to buy it. I plan to keep my phone for 3 : 4 years. So, is there any difference that shall make me lean to one od them? Also I read that even if you put the Note 4 in a case, the frame will be scratched nevertheless. Is that true? As it may be a deal breaker for me.

Thanka for reading! :-)
    03-21-2015 02:22 PM
    Just get the Note 4! It is better in every department. Where are you located that you are seeing Note 3s between 4-500??
    03-21-2015 02:24 PM
    At this point of time, Note 4 is a better value. Note 3 is already an outdated device over 2 years old. Note 5 coming out this fall anyways. You should be able to find a note 4 for around $400-550ish depending on the condition.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2015 02:28 PM
    At this point of time, Note 4 is a better value. Note 3 is already an outdated device over 2 years old. Note 5 coming out this fall anyways. You should be able to find a note 4 for around $400-550ish depending on the condition.

Note 3 is nowhere near two years old yet.

I would say maybe get and try the note three and see if it works for you if it's more affordable for you. If you feel you want the newer tech then return or sell and upgrade. Note 4 can be had for fairly cheap these days. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-21-2015 02:33 PM
    Just get the Note 4! It is better in every department. Where are you located that you are seeing Note 3s between 4-500??
    Egypt. Things are pretty expensive here due to the customs. (Or something related to that. :-P) However, my aunt bought a Note 3 device a year ago for about 450 $, however she request a relative of hers to buy it from Kuwait as things are pretty much cheap there, sometimes even cheaper than the USA. So I may do so too, I hope s 6 is a hit though, as the more it catches peoples' interest the more the Note 4 gets cheaper.

I agree, however, both of them are already powerful enough to do my needs.

Can anyone tell me about the frame getting scratched thing? As it really concers me since I like my stuff to be as good as new no matter how much it is aged. xD I still even have a Nokia n85 which I bought as it launched and it still working and in a good condition lol
    03-21-2015 02:37 PM
    Note 3 is nowhere near two years old yet.

I would say maybe get and try the note three and see if it works for you if it's more affordable for you. If you feel you want the newer tech then return or sell and upgrade. Note 4 can be had for fairly cheap these days. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I actually had experience with two n9005 ones. One which my cousin had and one that my aunt had. It was pretty fast and the screen was gorgeous. I bet the Note 4 is even better.
    I am not a tech guy, yet, I plan to have it for a while so I am asking to see if the one year between the two devices shall make the 3 die after a year or two. My mom has got a s2 which she had since 2012 . She takes care of it and havent installed any update on it (which to my understanding makes it slower) and still it lags, crashes and reboots like hell. I know it has got a lame processor and juat one gig of ram, however ahe doeant so anything intenaive in it. So I am afraid that I would face the same problem.

Sorry if my language isnt as good, it is not my first language
    xD
    03-21-2015 02:45 PM
    Egypt. Things are pretty expensive here due to the customs. (Or something related to that. :-P) However, my aunt bought a Note 3 device a year ago for about 450 $, however she request a relative of hers to buy it from Kuwait as things are pretty much cheap there, sometimes even cheaper than the USA. So I may do so too, I hope s 6 is a hit though, as the more it catches peoples' interest the more the Note 4 gets cheaper.

Can anyone tell me about the frame getting scratched thing? As it really concers me since I like my stuff to be as good as new no matter how much it is aged. xD I still even have a Nokia n85 which I bought as it launched and it still working and in a good condition lol
    The frame on the Note 3 scratches/gets damaged way to easy. If you do get a Note 3, make sure you get a case/skin to protect it. Even the Note 4's metal frame is susceptible to scratching!
    03-21-2015 02:50 PM
    The frame on the Note 3 scratches/gets damaged way to easy. If you do get a Note 3, make sure you get a case/skin to protect it. Even the Note 4's metal frame is susceptible to scratching!
    Isnt it made of plastic? How could a plastic frame be scratched? Nevertheleas, I do plan to hav e both a case and a screen protector.
    03-21-2015 02:54 PM

My note 4 silver frame has tiny scratches but I can live with it. You won't notice it unless you are paying attention carefully. My phone has been on a case since 1st day but it still gets some tiny scratches.

Also, if you are spending over $400 bucks for a phone I believe you should get a phone that feels like premium. Note 4 looks and feels like a premium device compared to a Note 3.

cinnamin likes this.
    03-21-2015 03:22 PM
    My note 4 silver frame has tiny scratches but I can live with it. You won't notice it unless you are paying attention carefully. My phone has been on a case since 1st day but it still gets some tiny scratches.

Also, if you are spending over $400 bucks for a phone I believe you should get a phone that feels like premium. Note 4 looks and feels like a premium device compared to a Note 3.

True. I checked a thread that states that Note 4 have a problem with games, if that was fixed. I will pull the triger when it it gets cheap enough for me to buy it.
    03-21-2015 03:45 PM
    It is the cases that some people use that are scratching the frame on the Note 4, it is the same on the HTC M8 and I found out a little late in the day that one of the cases that was scratching my M8 was the one that HTC included in the box with the phone.
    03-21-2015 04:10 PM
    It is the cases that some people use that are scratching the frame on the Note 4, it is the same on the HTC M8 and I found out a little late in the day that one of the cases that was scratching my M8 was the one that HTC included in the box with the phone.
    Are you refering to cases with metal materials? I plan to have an S view case. Though, that sounds logical. xD
    03-21-2015 04:28 PM
    Are you refering to cases with metal materials? I plan to have an S view case. Though, that sounds logical. xD
    No it is some plastic cases that do it. Not sure if it is the case or that dirt gets in between the case and phone. I am very careful with my phones and I rarely use a case but on the small number of times I used the case on my M8 it scratched it, it was widely talked about with the M8 but as I said it was too late for me. If your going to be using an S view case or any case with a flip front then be careful not to get anything between the case and the screen because all it takes is a grain of sand to scratch the screen.
    03-22-2015 06:03 AM
    Both the Note 3 and Note 4 are great and memorable devices. Yes the Note 4 is superior but the Note 3 is great too, especially if its more within the budget. The Note 3 has some issues in my experience though. The camera is not as good in low-light and the GPS leaves much to be desired. I'm on my 3rd Note 3 and they've all had poor GPS lock. ...really couldn't use the phone with 'Map My Run' due to this. The camera does fine in many scenarios but doesn't compete well at all in low-light.

The Note 4 has none of the aforementioned but many, myself included, have seen the Note 4's focusing bug. ...which is why this is my 2nd Note 4 and, I must admit, this here unit is flawless in every way.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫
    03-22-2015 06:46 AM
    Hi Ahmad,

I live in Dubai and just got a Note 4 last night for $550 USD from AXIOM Telecom, they have a special discount now on the Note 4

I did a lot of reserach as I was wanting to get a Galaxy S6 Edge but a few things made me get the Note 4:

1- The Camera is better on the Note 4, check the pic of the red carpet in the balcony in this link, scroll down to the botom and see for your self how the S6 misses out all the lines in the carpet: Intergalactic camera shootout: Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S5 vs. Note 4 vs. iPhone 6 - page 2 - GSMArena.com

2- The S6 battery is way too small for it screen DPI and fast CPU, it will not last you a full day no matter what you do. With the Note 4, I was playing with it for 2 hours straight last night installing apps and restarting and updating, today when I woke up, the battery was down only by 25%

3- The S6 is insanely expensive if you want to go with 64 GB or 128 GB models but with the Note 4, you can easily add a bigger SD card when you have the money

4- No removable battery is a big no no for me. I just ordered a Lemon 10,000 mAH battery for my Note 4, you can't do that with the S6
    03-22-2015 06:50 AM
    The S View case attaches on the back by replacing the original back. Where others are getting scratches is where they wrap around the sides of the phone, grit and what not causing the scratches. In your situation I would think the S View is the right answer in that it does protect from things while in your pocket but doesn't actually wrap around the phone itself. It won't protect the phone much from drops causing dings or scratches though like a wrap around I've does though so it's a trade off. If you don't ever drop your phone it's great. If you drop your phone often I'd suggest stay away from the S View.
    I really like my S View cover, think it was an excellent add on for my Note4 .
    As far as whether to get a Note3 or Note4, if you're just using it for phone stuff like calls, texts, emails, web browsing and no real heavy duty s pen action they'll both be an excellent choice. They both are very capable devices . The Note4 actually feels a little smaller in hand than the 3 even though they have the same size screen. My Note4 feels quite a bit smaller them my Note2 when using it. That might be a factor as well in your decision.
    03-22-2015 07:02 AM
    Hi Ahmad,

I live in Dubai and just got a Note 4 last night for $550 USD from AXIOM Telecom, they have a special discount now on the Note 4

I did a lot of reserach as I was wanting to get a Galaxy S6 Edge but a few things made me get the Note 4:

1- The Camera is better on the Note 4, check the pic of the red carpet in the balcony in this link, scroll down to the botom and see for your self how the S6 misses out all the lines in the carpet: Intergalactic camera shootout: Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S5 vs. Note 4 vs. iPhone 6 - page 2 - GSMArena.com

2- The S6 battery is way too small for it screen DPI and fast CPU, it will not last you a full day no matter what you do. With the Note 4, I was playing with it for 2 hours straight last night installing apps and restarting and updating, today when I woke up, the battery was down only by 25%

3- The S6 is insanely expensive if you want to go with 64 GB or 128 GB models but with the Note 4, you can easily add a bigger SD card when you have the money

4- No removable battery is a big no no for me. I just ordered a Lemon 10,000 mAH battery for my Note 4, you can't do that with the S6
    After reading through that link it reaffirms my belief that the Note 4 camera is better than the iPhone 6 and every time I see people saying that the iPhone 6 camera is better I keep thinking how they can come to that conclusion. I have both and although I have not done any detailed comparisons the Note 4 is better in the photos I have taken.
    03-22-2015 07:22 AM
    If you can save extra money get the 4.
    03-22-2015 07:41 AM
    My thoughts on the Verizon Note 4 advantages over Verizon Note 3:
    -Significantly better battery life
    -Significantly better radio, especially in lower signal areas.
    -Runs substantially cooler
    -Charges significantly faster with adaptive charging.
    -Significantly easier to read outdoors
    -Camera is a MAJOR improvement in low light/motion shots. Note 4 has OIS.
    -Added fingerprint scanner (can be a bit finicky to use)
    -Added Heartrate monitor
    -Usage of Google "always listening" even when screen is off. Note 3 only had S-Voice always listening

Minor points:
    -Added aluminum frame
    -QHD

Cons:
    -Marginally heavier (I didn't really notice it)
    -No USB 3.0 (slower transfer speeds)
    -A hair taller (I didn't really notice it)
    -Speaker on the back

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Tatt2014 and BullGuard8 like this.
    03-22-2015 08:44 AM
    After reading through that link it reaffirms my belief that the Note 4 camera is better than the iPhone 6 and every time I see people saying that the iPhone 6 camera is better I keep thinking how they can come to that conclusion. I have both and although I have not done any detailed comparisons the Note 4 is better in the photos I have taken.
    I had an iPhone 6 as well so I am not an iPhone hater or biased towards Samsung.

When I first got the iPhone 6, to be really frank, I thought that was the best mobile phone camera I ever had, images looked so crisp and sharp. but now comparing it with my Galaxy Note 4's camera, it leaves a lot to be desired. the color saturation, contrast, and overall pic quality of the Note 4 is superb, I never thought that a mobile phone camera can be so good and not really require one to carry a separate camera anymore.
    03-22-2015 06:06 PM
    I would rather the Note 4 had the plastic sides like the Note 3. The fake aluminum sides of the Note 4 just plain suck.
    03-22-2015 06:24 PM
    get a side band to protect it.
    Note 4 or Note 3 - help me decide.-20150322173202.jpg
    03-22-2015 06:42 PM
    I would rather the Note 4 had the plastic sides like the Note 3. The fake aluminum sides of the Note 4 just plain suck.
    The aluminum on the Note 4 is quite authentic.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    03-22-2015 08:39 PM