04-01-2015 03:28 PM
64 123
tools
    If Samsung keep the Note series as a premium business device which includes sd card and removable battery then i'll happily get one every year. I was tempted to get the S6 but pricing on O2 in the uk is way too high i'd rather keep my Note 4 and wait to see what they do with the 5 this year.

If they do go the way of the S6 then i'll be moving to LG or whatever manufacturer offers what i need.
    03-23-2015 09:02 AM
    I generally keep my devices for at least two years. (Prior to the Note 4, I had a Note 2).

So, if Samsung improves the Note year by year and doesn't remove any features (like SD card capability and a removable battery), I'll probably upgrade to the 6 or 7 rather than the 5. (That is assuming they continue incrementing the model number each year and nothing better comes along elsewhere)
    03-23-2015 10:08 AM
    Maybe?

I'm a serious phone-hopper, but I'd need to know a few details first. You know, like release date, specs, pricing, all those minor little details that aren't even at the "solid rumor" stage yet.
    03-23-2015 03:09 PM
    Hard to answer the question when I haven't seen the Note 5 yet ^_^.
    03-23-2015 03:43 PM
    For my yearly upgrade in October on the Next program yes, unless they do it like the S6 and leave out removable battery and micro sd card support. 2 deal breakers for me. I may jump ship if they do that to the 5 and go with the LG G4.
    03-23-2015 06:36 PM
    Started with the Note 2, passed on the Note 3, because I was still so happy with the 2. Loving my Note 4! So will have to wait and see on a next generation that isn't even conceived yet (to the public anyway) I also would prefer; removable battery and SD card slot!
    03-23-2015 06:53 PM
    I will probably be getting a new phone on the fall. I replace my phone about once a year. I hope it has a replaceable battery and SD card. They are not deal breakers though.

If no SD card I hope the standard storage is 64gb and 128 is like $50 more.

I am interested in what the next Nexus phone will be. It might come down to the camera for me.

The phones I have had are the and you can see my theme at the end.

Orginal Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid 2
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (worst phone ever)
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    03-23-2015 07:02 PM
    Nope I'll wait for the note 6. But if they take away the SD card slot...I'm done with them. It's better to skip a generation.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    03-23-2015 09:21 PM
    It will depend on specs. I have enough phones now to keep my happy if I skip the 5.
    03-23-2015 10:08 PM
    IME, with the 4, you can use GPS reliably too...unlike with my 3.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫
    What was wrong with the GPS on your Note 3? I still use my Note 3 and use it as my GPS device when I'm out and about.
    nick sava likes this.
    03-23-2015 11:41 PM
    I will probably be getting a new phone on the fall. I replace my phone about once a year. I hope it has a replaceable battery and SD card. They are not deal breakers though.

If no SD card I hope the standard storage is 64gb and 128 is like $50 more.

I am interested in what the next Nexus phone will be. It might come down to the camera for me.

The phones I have had are the and you can see my theme at the end.

Orginal Motorola Droid
    Motorola Droid 2
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (worst phone ever)
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Ha. I loved the Galaxy Nexus.
    03-24-2015 04:26 AM
    Will consider upgrading but I'm not a fan of the direction Samsung are heading with no non replaceable battery, no expandable storage and on top of that very expensive handsets going on the S6 and S6 edge prices (more expensive than the iPhone 6)

If they continue in this direction with the Note 5 I'm moving to the nexus range, as Samsungs delays on updating to the latest Android version are really being to frustrate me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I agree. I'm going to be looking at either the next Nexus or the Note 5. It should be interesting.
    03-24-2015 06:45 AM
    If I'm able to get out of a 2 year contract and it's crazy awesome and still have expandable storage and replaceable battery then definitely. Unless I switch back to iPhone for some reason. My macbook is getting lonely without handoff and iCloud lol.

03-24-2015 09:43 AM
    Had every note to date. But depending very much on the specs if I change.
    If no changeable battery or Microsoft card.. That would be a game changer.
    Also not keen on many changes re lollipop colors etc.
    I think their could be some good competition in the future. I'm also watching iPhone this year they made major leaps 3rd party keyboards widgets not fully functional yet by next year who knows.
    I want long battery life without turning features off and without worrying about lasting all day. Great camera Inc night mode. Better speakers.
    Also waterproof would be nice.

Posted via the Android Central App. Magichoward
    03-24-2015 09:58 AM
    I probably will, unless Samsung really drops the ball with it.
    03-24-2015 10:51 AM
    I normally upgrade once 60% of my phone is paid off. However, I believe Samsung will implement the version of the S6 /Edge towards the Note series. So therefore I will be sticking with the Note 4. So far this phone has been solid. I do not trust cloud storages I heavily depend on my SD cards and non removable batteries. I use SD cards in my tablets and my wife's tablets as well. I'm good for now, I think the device would have to be super amazing in order for me to purchase one.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    03-24-2015 01:17 PM
    It's really impossible to say at this point since we know nothing about the Note 5's specs. I would get a Note 5 (actually hoping for a Note Edge 2) only if the specs are a dramatic improvement while keeping the functionality of the previous model. In other words, the SoC that Samsung uses in the Note 5/Edge 2 would have to perform noticeably faster than the Snapdragon 805 in my current Note Edge. I'm not talking about opening Chrome 0.5 seconds faster either.

There's also the issue of SD card compatibility. That is an absolute must for me as I have far too much digital content (mainly music) that I refuse to part from. I also refuse to pay an extra $200 just to get a phone with 128GB of storage when I already have a 128GB microSDXC card and plan on buying the 200GB microSDXC card once it drops to around $120. Even if I already didn't have a 128GB card, I could buy one for $70 now.

Most phone updates are more iterative these days anyways. The Note 4 is a prime example. It's a great phone but so was the Note III and there really isn't a need to upgrade from that to the Note 4. There will be a much larger difference between the Note III and Note 5 (assuming Samsung follows the same path it's done with the Note series) but likely not much between the Note 4 and Note 5. Then again, Samsung could ruin it by making the Note 5 an all glass phone, putting a smaller battery in it, throttling the CPU down to get more life out of that smaller battery, and removing the SD card. That's when the Note 4 would actually be more valuable than the Note 5.
    03-24-2015 03:05 PM
    It's really impossible to say at this point since we know nothing about the Note 5's specs. I would get a Note 5 (actually hoping for a Note Edge 2) only if the specs are a dramatic improvement while keeping the functionality of the previous model. In other words, the SoC that Samsung uses in the Note 5/Edge 2 would have to perform noticeably faster than the Snapdragon 805 in my current Note Edge. I'm not talking about opening Chrome 0.5 seconds faster either.

There's also the issue of SD card compatibility. That is an absolute must for me as I have far too much digital content (mainly music) that I refuse to part from. I also refuse to pay an extra $200 just to get a phone with 128GB of storage when I already have a 128GB microSDXC card and plan on buying the 200GB microSDXC card once it drops to around $120. Even if I already didn't have a 128GB card, I could buy one for $70 now.

Most phone updates are more iterative these days anyways. The Note 4 is a prime example. It's a great phone but so was the Note III and there really isn't a need to upgrade from that to the Note 4. There will be a much larger difference between the Note III and Note 5 (assuming Samsung follows the same path it's done with the Note series) but likely not much between the Note 4 and Note 5. Then again, Samsung could ruin it by making the Note 5 an all glass phone, putting a smaller battery in it, throttling the CPU down to get more life out of that smaller battery, and removing the SD card. That's when the Note 4 would actually be more valuable than the Note 5.
    I fear this so much. The note 4 is my first android phone and I'm all about what makes it stand out. If they ruin it then I'll be upset and probably won't be buying one. The main reason I bought one instead of a 6 plus was not only because I couldn't find a 6 plus anywhere but because of the battery and sd card.

03-24-2015 03:15 PM
    The Note 5 Edge and the Note 5 - I am on it the moment they are available on Verizon.
    03-24-2015 04:17 PM
    What he said^
    Exactly! I love my note 4, the note 5 is going to have to be absolutely awesome which includes removable battery and expandable storage as an absolute minimum. Otherwise the note 4 may be my last Samsung product

Posted from my Sammy Note 4
    03-24-2015 06:35 PM
    If there is a change with the Note 5, meaning no SD Card or removable battery, then it would be time for an adjustment or adapt to what's new. I remember seeing similar posts on BlackBerry forums when there was a push away from physical keyboards. There was a substantial population that wasn't receptive to the new trend toward an all-capacitive touch screen smartphone. But, the shift happened. Everyone adjusted. And now we enjoy our new smartphones without physical keyboards. So, if Samsung advances past removable batteries and micro SD cards, everything will be fine.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    03-24-2015 06:40 PM
    If there is a change with the Note 5, meaning no SD Card or removable battery, then it would be time for an adjustment or adapt to what's new. I remember seeing similar posts on BlackBerry forums when there was a push away from physical keyboards. There was a substantial population that wasn't receptive to the new trend toward an all-capacitive touch screen smartphone. But, the shift happened. Everyone adjusted. And now we enjoy our new smartphones without physical keyboards. So, if Samsung advances past removable batteries and micro SD cards, everything will be fine.
    Well said.

03-24-2015 08:48 PM
    ...but it will still sting and burn like hell.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    03-24-2015 08:51 PM
    I keep my phones for 2 years and I just got my N4 in Nov. It's hard trying to keep up with technology lol

Posted via Android Central App
    03-25-2015 06:17 AM
    I keep my phones for 2 years and I just got my N4 in Nov. It's hard trying to keep up with technology lol

Posted via Android Central App
    That's awesome you keep your smartphones so long. I have never kept a smartphone for two years.
    03-25-2015 08:16 AM
64 123