Does Nova help with lag time?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've seen multiple references to getting rid of TouchWiz in order to improve the random lag time that it seems to generate. I've seen some posts where people have switched to Nova, but no one has come out and said that it has helped with lag time. that lag time drives me crazy! I've already done every other recommendation outside of getting rid of TouchWiz that I could find online, like going into developer mode and switching off all animation, clearing my cache, changing settings in s voice, etc. but I still have that lag, and I do not like it! Your opinions and assistance will be appreciated. I have a note 4 on Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Lag in what aspect of the UI?
I'm rooted, running a custom ROM, and using Nova and have minimal lag -- if any at all.
A little more clarification could help people better answer your question.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Installing Nova in your phone is pretty safe and easy and you can go back to TW whenever you want. So my recommendation is just try it and see how it goes. It's not going to eliminate all those problems you're talking about but it can improve lots of things.

The other thing you could try is disabling some Samsung (or Google) bloatware that you don't use.

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
on this topic....any experiences with Nova reducing battery faster compared to TW?
I personally feel (going back and forth with nova and TW) the samsung features like air scroll and those small window tabs thing outweighs Nova. but that's personal preference.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Lag in what aspect of the UI?
I'm rooted, running a custom ROM, and using Nova and have minimal lag -- if any at all.
A little more clarification could help people better answer your question.

Verizon note 4, not rooted. Nothing special. The lag occurs when scrolling through any long list, like in application manager, or on a Web page. Sometimes lag occurs when switching between apps.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon note 4, not rooted. Nothing special. The lag occurs when scrolling through any long list, like in application manager, or on a Web page. Sometimes lag occurs when switching between apps.

I'm running the same as you... Note 4, not rooted and on Verizon. I found that it DOES make a difference in what you're looking to improve. I ran it on all three of my Motorola phones and switched to it on the Note 4 not too long after I bought it. As Javier stated - install it and try it... it's very easy to switch back if you don't like it!

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like the lag you are seeing is in apps. I doubt that changing the launcher will help.
BUT, it is easy to try.
I have used Nova launcher for a long time on my VZW N4, and don't notice any pauses or lag. But then, I didn't notice any before I installed Nova either.

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed noticebly better performance with Nova. And I might be crazy but i swear I've noticed better battery life as well ??????

And i think that has to do with that touchwiz notificates apps on the homescreen (if you get a notification on facebook or whatsapp a 1 shows at the app icon)
imo it wakes the phone constantly so it costs more battery.
im on nova to, but if you want a real fast experiance you should try CM12

anon(485487)

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
And i think that has to do with that touchwiz notificates apps on the homescreen (if you get a notification on facebook or whatsapp a 1 shows at the app icon)
imo it wakes the phone constantly so it costs more battery.
im on nova to, but if you want a real fast experiance you should try CM12
I definitely would if the AT&T variant would get root . Until then, Nova it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay