07-26-2015 08:46 PM
77 1234
tools
    I vote yay the phone is much more fluid and battery is so much better.
    At first i had a problem with update it was terrible then i did a factory reset and since then it has been great

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 02:42 PM
    I'm not too familiar with Android. Just started using my new Note 4. So when the Lollipop update is available for my phone and after installing it can I go back to Kit Kit 4.4.4? If so how would I do that?
    03-23-2015 04:44 PM
    I love the Lollipop update. I also did a cache wipe and reformat.

Everything runs exceedingly quick. Also, things that were kind of sketchy in KitKat work perfectly now. To wit, I always had issues with the Bluetooth media playback in my car. If I didn't have Google Play Music in the forefront, either my car's display would say "Streaming Audio" or display the name of first track played which never changed as subsequent tracks took over. Other times it would look like it was playing, but wouldn't actually start playback until I pressed play on the phone. Since my update to Lollipop, the playback has been flawless. It starts perfectly whether the music app is running on the phone or not, the track list always changes to the proper song (again, whether the app was turned on or not), and I haven't had the 'streaming audio' generic listing. That, in itself, was *extremely* worth the update to me.
    03-23-2015 06:20 PM
    I'm on Sprint as well and updated last week. So far, the only problems I've seen, are that firefox and facebook crash sometimes and do weird things. I've updated those apps after the install too..still have issues. Other than that, no issues. Like others said, make sure you clear your cache partition after updating.
    03-24-2015 12:34 AM
    I would say don't. .. it looks cool and yeah it is new wich we all like but imo the battery has gotten worse. Performance is maybe a little faster but idk.
    I'm going to update the newest lollipop today I'm on the German dbt now last week there was an update boc1 so if I don't like that one I'm going back to kk
    03-24-2015 01:28 AM
    I got bored waiting for O2 in the UK, so flashed 5.0.2 to my Z3 last week, and it's worked really well.

So far, I'd say the plusses outweigh the minuses. I enjoy the flatter design, the new drop down menu and the lock screen notifications (although I was running ACDisplay on KitKat which did a similar job). However, The notifications are very big - on the Z3, the 'blocks' to show my e-mails are considerably bigger than before, and swiping away is a little hit and miss due to their size.

Noticed a marginal improvement in battery life, but then it's Sony Z3, so was never an issue anyway. Definately snappier, and seems to work well with Sony's skin & the 801.
    03-24-2015 06:58 AM
    Note 4 - Amoled display. LolliFlop - all that whiteness. battery life? Great if you don't use the screen. (Amoled screens use a LOT more power displaying white pixels than they do displaying black pixels. (A really black pixel is off - it doesn't use any power.)
    I get sick of this argument for anything battery related. Technically it is true, but in real world usage it make no actual difference. Unless you are talking about a completely white screen vs a completely black screen. Enjoy your dark colors, and your 1% every 24 hours of battery savings that it MIGHT get you....

As for 5.0... Its a give and take. Maybe you make somethings better, and maybe some worse, but it looks to me from the reviews that the better is far better than the minor worse things.
    bassplayrguy, Trigati and shaleem like this.
    03-24-2015 08:11 AM
    Seriously, anyone know how to delete the update? I've downloaded it, but haven't installed it. I can't find it with either of my file search apps
    03-24-2015 09:30 AM
    To bad sprints service sucks.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    03-24-2015 09:31 AM
    Verizon s5 user-
    I would say nay, I'm just under two weeks in and hate this update. My apps keep crashing now, phone lags, and my battery life is almost a third of what I used to get out of it. Recently did cache wipe, I suppose if that fails still I will have to go through the painstaking process of moving all my content onto my pc then doing a factory reset.

03-24-2015 11:14 AM
    Im not in a hurry for the update, my verizon note 4 is great like it is. This is probably the first time i havent been excited about an update in a longtime. Maybe because i am happy with my phone like it is, or maybe all the problems that lollipop keeps having to have fixed.

Ill download it when it gets here, but to be honest my phone isnt bad at all stock w 4.4.4

Verizon Note4 w/ Otterbox Defender
    I feel the same way

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    03-24-2015 11:16 AM
    I also have the Galaxy S5 and the lollipop update has been pretty good to my phone. I did not have to do a hard reset or anything. It's unfortunate some people out there are having these trouble (Sigh )

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    03-24-2015 12:11 PM
    I notice a lot of people complaining about the battery life. I'm on it constantly as its my main source for internet access and I love the battery life. It's definitely light years beyond the S3 I came from. Now, I've only had this phone since the first..maybe it gets worse as time goes on? I sure hope not.
    03-24-2015 08:24 PM
    I am very happy with the update . Its just perfect.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    03-25-2015 02:18 AM
    I updated yesterday (AT&T). Unbelievably better, faster, smoother and far nicer UI. Honestly, this has made me love this phone so much more.

03-25-2015 12:43 PM
    Ive just rooted my Note 4 and upgraded to Lollipop (on past experience I doubt my carrier will upgrade us to Lollipop)

Definitely underwhelmed for a number of reasons.
    -Battery life seems to have deteriorated markedly
    - Dont really like the lollipop interface, as mentioned above the notifications take up way to much screen space
    - Ive lost silent mode, can only choose between vibrate and sound on mode now in the top bar
    - phone now randomly switches to easy mode
    - keep getting very annoying touchwiz default choice promp when I press the home button to get back to the home screen.cant get it to go away.
    - Bluetooth worked perfectly before, now it keeps cutting out on my BT headphones
    - For some reason when browsing the internet on Dolphin browser the touch screen doesnt respond when I try to swipe the screen to scroll up or down down, never had this problem before.

These are only the things I have discovered since yesterday evening. I would be interested to hear from others if they have had similar experiences or if Im doing something wrong.

Is there a stable version of Lollipop for the GN4 that Im unaware of?
    Could it be that rooting the phone has created these problems?
    Can anyone provide a link to info on how to get back to Kitkat?

thanks
    Sounds like you have problems created by rooting. None of these exist on mine and battery life is improved with Lollipop. I had problems after rooting my LG G3 and after that I won't root another device.
    03-25-2015 01:58 PM
    Sounds like you have problems created by rooting. None of these exist on mine and battery life is improved with Lollipop. I had problems after rooting my LG G3 and after that I won't root another device.
    So many people on here root, and then whine. I'm never surprised by the problems they are having.
    03-25-2015 02:20 PM
    Upgraded my AT&T Note 4 to Lollipop yesterday. Can't really tell much about battery life so far, but overall it seems to be smooth, I like the changes TouchWiz makes to Lollipop (I also have a Nexus 7 so Lollipop isn't new to me), and things have been running smoothly.

It didn't fix the intermittent GPS failure I have been experiencing, but it doesn't seem to have made it worse or broken anything else I use either.

One HUGE enhancement is that my fingerprint scanner now comes up as a viable security option for unlocking the phone under MobileIron. That, to me, is worth the upgrade right there.
    03-25-2015 02:31 PM
    2 hrs into the update and it feels great, much faster. No problems at this point, I believe att waited and worked out any issues B4 sending it out.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-25-2015 03:21 PM
    No problems found on att update @ this point, I'm 2:15 minutes into the update. Looks great and much faster, I will update 8 hrs in later.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-25-2015 03:25 PM
    Seriously, anyone know how to delete the update? I've downloaded it, but haven't installed it. I can't find it with either of my file search apps
    I personally do not know of a way however there may be one though. Be forewarned though, that sucker is gonna install itself when you least expect it to if it hasn't already.

03-25-2015 03:39 PM
    Notice a few things. First, I notice lag on a few apps. Also during lock screen when I swipe, it lagged a few times. The sms message is so damn cramped. The keyboard needs to shrink a little. Also how do you swipe the keyboard out of the way so you can see more then two lines of text. Another thing is that I had an app that was on the notification pull down. For some reason that doesn't work anymore. Is it possible to reverse this update?

Update: I definitely notice my battery is worse. I have not changed my phone usage and I even cleared my cache. Before I use to have about 80% by noon. Now I get about 60-65%
    03-26-2015 10:37 PM
    I think it is all good. Seems like it is taking a while for me and the phone to adapt to the Pop but it's not bad.
    03-26-2015 10:57 PM
    I can't say I notice any big speed increase for that matter any OS speed increase at all & my battery life seems to be worse when using the phone but better when the phone is idle & screen off.

At this time I rate Lollipop meh.

Don't like anything better or worse than Kit Kat. Think I lost fast charge in the car.

Would have rather kept Kit Kat as I was satisfied with my phone's performance.

03-27-2015 10:13 AM
    I was tired of seeing that download alert and having to dismiss the install option every time I opened my phone. So I went ahead and installed Lollipop.

I do notice a speed increase at times, best I could describe is it being "snappier" at opening things. I don't notice a battery increase yet (still basically day 2) In fact, if anything I see a small decrease. I also experience the random (and rare) internet or app crashes.

On that note, I can't understand the new power settings, can't see where the idle time is. Also does anyone know what the orange in the "Mobile Network signal" bar graph? Does that affect battery life?
    Attached Thumbnails Lollipop: Yay or Nay?-1427506851361.jpg  
    ipoetix likes this.
    03-27-2015 08:42 PM
77 1234