Lollipop: Yay or Nay?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded this morning and am very happy. Much easier than when I updated my S5. Battery looking good. Didn't have to do a factory reset either.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

gatorrich

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else been having problems with apps crashing after the update? FB and the browers, Firefox, Dolphin, Chrome, CM browser have all be crashing more often since the update. I've tried to uninstall them, clear the cache partition and reinstall. It doesn't seem to fix the problem. Other than that, I haven't seen any problems. Lol

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
updated mine on monday, its nothing to write home about at all. the only real difference i have noticed is the camera is much faster at snapping pics...MUCH. thats it. im not seeing any increase in battery, possibly less but nothing too crazy. i just have to breakdown and wipe the phone clean i guess (just dont wanna be bothered yet)

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else been having problems with apps crashing after the update? FB and the browers, Firefox, Dolphin, Chrome, CM browser have all be crashing more often since the update. I've tried to uninstall them, clear the cache partition and reinstall. It doesn't seem to fix the problem. Other than that, I haven't seen any problems. Lol

Try doing a factory reset.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

mnjeepmale

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just activated Sprint Note 4. It has downloaded Lollipop and ready to be installed. I'm not sure which version it's going to install. But my S5 updated to 5.0 and I really don't like it(apps close, notification light, lock screen, etc). Should I install it?

tomtomsf

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T ver 5.01 and there are a few things I like and several annoying features. The Smart Unlock feature works fairly well for me at home. I had to include a couple of neighbor's address to get it to work. It would not work with just my home address. And, sometimes it will still lock the screen (not often). I haven't tried the Bluetooth Smart Unlock feature.

I really like the lock screen notifications, but I don't like the way they are implemented. First, you only get two notifications at most to show. If there are more than two, a little bar appears at the bottom that you expand. That takes you to your home screen where all the notifications will appear. But first, you have to swipe on the lock screen to get past it. It's not locked, but you still need to swipe. The lock screen gets this gray box to indicate it. Why can't it just go directly to the app or home screen when you swipe or pull down a lock screen notification?

I also hate the fixed placement of the lock screen notifications. They always appear at the top of the lock screen. And they always shrink the lock screen clock down to a small size? Why is that? I like the large clock and want to see it at that size at all times. The other bad thing for me is they took the weather forecast off my lock screen. I always looked at that and now it's gone. These things should be user configurable settings. They have made the lock screen less flexible.

Another annoyance for me is the Comcast Xfinity email app. I have notifications turned on and each new email sound is a short beep. On Lollipop, the notification sound for this app often stutters. Instead of one short beep, it will beep like a little machine gun - beep,beep,beep,beep,beep, etc. Very annoying.

My heart rate sensor lit comes on all day when something touches it. I have to turn my phone around in my pocket so other people can't see the red light shining through my pants. I use Google Fit and have no plans to delete it. It always worked fine before Lollipop.

AT&T has placed their logo permanently in the status bar. It's the first item on the top left. Why? I didn't have that before.

My battery life is worse, without a doubt. I tries the clear cache, the battery pull but not a complete reset. That is way time consuming to set the phone back up the way I like it. And it doesn't necessarily fix any of the issues I have according to what others say here.

I wish I could get my issues addressed. I read that it is unlikely that we will get Lollipop 5.1 anytime soon, if ever. Except for the Smart Unlock feature, I kind of wish I stayed with Kit Kat. My phone was stable then and i could have used an app to get Lock Screen notifications with a lot more flexible settings.

Tom G.

I forgot to mention the crappy Do Not Disturb changes. Now, my LED light shines all night even though the phone is supposedly in Blocking Mode. What is up with that? It worked really great before.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
No issues for me loved the Lollipop finally a notification on the lock screen. There's lots of apps that does that but i rather it come by default. Also i don't want to swipe twice to get access to my phone. That's the problem with third party lockscreen notification of course not all of them does that. As far as battery goes it's the same as it was I still get 2 full days of usage before i charge. So unless i get 3 full days i'm not going to even bother factory wipe.

crashbunnie

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I've also lost the ability to copy & paste between most apps. Even more frustrating I'm unable to cut n paste even within a solitary app, sometimes I am only allowed to copy a single word or character. It's hit or miss if anything even makes it to the clipboard. In Email I can only paste into the subject line, the curser will blink in the body of the email. Maps also no longer allows me to bring or take an addres in or out, typing only. Factory reset seems my only option.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone actually started giving me problems after the update. I had lag, random freezes and my battery life is horrible now. It's probably half of what it used to be.

I found a way to downgrade back to Kit Kat without Root, but does anyone know how to prevent the phone from constantly asking me to update the software after I downgrade? That's the reason I have in and upgraded to Lollipop in the first place.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
but does anyone know how to prevent the phone from constantly asking me to update the software after I downgrade?

If it's just a notification telling you that a new software is available and gives you the option to download it now or later, click on later. It will then ask you when you want to be reminded about the update again, choose never and it should go away. It worked for me. If the update has already been downloaded I don't think there's much you can do apart from a factory reset.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If it's just a notification telling you that a new software is available and gives you the option to download it now or later, click on later. It will then ask you when you want to be reminded about the update again, choose never and it should go away. It worked for me. If the update has already been downloaded I don't think there's much you can do apart from a factory reset.

No matter what I did the notification kept coming back. Wish I never downloaded Lollipop, this new update that got pushed out is even worse. Getting freezes and app crashes and another drop in battery life. I've wiped system cache, app cache and data and even uninstalled and reinstalled apps. Nothing helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Vylet22

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Lollipop is horrible. This iphone-looking crap is exactly what us Android users don't want. I can no longer customize my text alerts from specific contacts. I haven't read much if that on the forums yet. It let me keep the custom text tones I already had but no longer has option in edit mode of thr contact to assign a message tone. I hate that I can't go from sound/vibrate/mute anymore from a quick press of the side key on my S4. I hate the battery draining white. I hate that I can't use my phone outside. I hate baby poo orange heading my message screen (most all of is text more than talk). The reviews are overwhelmingly awful. Where do we go from here? How can this be happening?

samwifi

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop is horrible. This iphone-looking crap is exactly what us Android users don't want. I can no longer customize my text alerts from specific contacts. I haven't read much if that on the forums yet. It let me keep the custom text tones I already had but no longer has option in edit mode of thr contact to assign a message tone. I hate that I can't go from sound/vibrate/mute anymore from a quick press of the side key on my S4. I hate the battery draining white. I hate that I can't use my phone outside. I hate baby poo orange heading my message screen (most all of is text more than talk). The reviews are overwhelmingly awful. Where do we go from here? How can this be happening?

I'd highly recommend going back to kitkat. I did and like the note 4 again. At least none of these issues and the bluetooth works without dropping out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781