Ive had the HTC one m8 since it came out, I love the phone and all but I'm thinking about switching to the note 4 because of the camera and for its size or should I wait for Samsung to announce for a note5?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2015 09:54 PM
    I had a m8 and jumped around to different devices. I ended up with the Note 4. It is a great device. The M8 was good too, but my battery life was terrible.
    To me its like this
    M8
    Pros over the Note 4
    Speakers
    Aluminum build quality

Cons
    Battery life
    Far less features

Note 4 pros
    Stylus
    Far more features
    Battery life is very good
    4k screen
    Removable battery
    SD Card to add more memory
    Multi task ability

Note 4 Cons compared to the M8
    The ever so often lag or hiccup, but not bad by any means
    Speaker is just ok

Would I upgrade or wait, well, Im not known for being a very patient person😊
    In all seriousness though. I dont like the direction Sammy is taking the S6 and I dont see a whole lot of room for improvement on the Note 4. It really is a stellar device. Who knows, the Note 5 may not have a sd card slot or removable battery, just like the s6. I'd be happy to be stuck with the Note 4 though. If Sammy does deface the Note 5, I'd be just fine keeping the 4 for a long time.It really is that good.
    03-23-2015 12:44 AM
    Depends on how long you are willing to wait. The note 5 is still months away and with the direction Samsung is taking I'd be very worried.

I'm sure specs are going to be top notch but non removable battery, sd card are a deal breaker on a productivity device. Although if you are willing to wait the worst that can happen is the n5 sucks and the Note 4 dropping even more.it's an unbelievable device with tons of power here a and there, multitasking is of the charts.

If you can life without aluminum body and a worse speaker you'll get a lot of nice features in exchange just try it out
    03-23-2015 01:00 AM
    I am too an old HTC fanboy, but now I am tired of the same design after using M7 and M8, the screen of the M9 is a let down compared to Note 4 and S6, the camera also is behind Note 4.
    The price of the Note 4 is very attractive, it will be easily 200 to 400$ less than M9,S6 and S6 Edge while being the phablet of 2015.
    The only things I am afraid of losing by passing from HTC to Note 4 are:
    -Volume over BT as I use HTC Stereoclip in my car everyday as well as BT earphones when doing sports, dunno if Viper4Android will boost the volume enough.
    -ROMS choice, I saw at XDA that the Exynos and even Snapdragon roms choice is pretty poor compared to M8 and probably S6.
    -HTC Sense 7 of course, though the ported S6 themes installer on Note 4 could be very nice
    03-23-2015 07:04 AM
    I just switched from the M8. I waited for the M9 to be unveiled and I like many, was underwhelmed. Instead of springing for an M9 I sprung for the note 4 instead and glad I did.

That said the note 5 will be a new and improved device over the note 4 but that doesn't mean the note 4 should be overlooked, if you're in the market right now. If not, wait and see what the note 5 brings.
    However, should you decide to go with the note 4 I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    03-23-2015 10:44 AM
    I've had a different experience than most here. I had the M8 since it came out on Verizon, and I got a Note 4 a little over a month ago.

The first week I really liked it; actually, my exact thoughts were, "I like it way more than I thought I would." But after spending time with the Note, I'm regretting choosing it. If you're still happy with the M8, I'd wait to see the Note 5. I don't think it's worth upgrading. It's not so much "better," it's just different. And the things that are different are (mostly) what I don't like.

The only thing the Note's done for me so far is confirmed that I'm okay with using a larger phone.
    03-23-2015 10:08 PM
    I am also an HTC FAN-BOY... Incredible1 and 2 htc m7 nd m8 i think it's all iv ever owned. as the news broke i was as frustrated as the rest. i upgrade once a year to keep my unlimited data with verizon... it's the only way for me because i flip the phones on ebay so i don't take to much of a hit. i already sold my m8 mint for 300. i then purchased a used mint with 2 cases note 4 520.00... I love everything about it except it is at times a tad laggy. just a tad and only at times. i can live with it. the screen and the s-pen and camera are great. that along with quick charge and battery life are great. I figure ill hold until note 5 or htc m9 plus. the note 4 should hold value in the 450. ramge... i'm happy.
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    03-24-2015 04:22 AM
    I am too an old HTC fanboy, but now I am tired of the same design after using M7 and M8, the screen of the M9 is a let down compared to Note 4 and S6, the camera also is behind Note 4.
    The price of the Note 4 is very attractive, it will be easily 200 to 400$ less than M9,S6 and S6 Edge while being the phablet of 2015.
    The only things I am afraid of losing by passing from HTC to Note 4 are:
    -Volume over BT as I use HTC Stereoclip in my car everyday as well as BT earphones when doing sports, dunno if Viper4Android will boost the volume enough.
    -ROMS choice, I saw at XDA that the Exynos and even Snapdragon roms choice is pretty poor compared to M8 and probably S6.
    -HTC Sense 7 of course, though the ported S6 themes installer on Note 4 could be very nice
    I use LG Electronics HBS-730 BT headset at the gym and at work. Its at least 3 clicks louder on the note 4 over the m8. with the m8 i hated the headset. with the note 4 i love it. i also listen through earbuds and stream from the note 4 through BT in my truck-. it's just as good if not better.
    03-24-2015 04:26 AM
    The M9 would have been crowned best phone of 2013 but not 2015, Note 4 as I see it has a superior camera and screen and this year I decided to choose the best because I have ''suffered'' 2 years of 4mp.
    I know I will miss the smoothness of Sense 7 that I actually use on my M8 as well as the beautiful HTC Car app but I need change!
    Using M7 and M8 is like using the same phone for 2 years and I am not willing to do it a 3rd year.
    M9+ could be cancelled and anyway if they keep the aluminum body it will weight in the 200grm, the dimensions of the body are very close to Note 4 but for a 5.2'' vs 5.7''.
    As for micro lags that some of you noticed on Note 4, did you tried bloat free custom roms?
    03-24-2015 05:30 AM
    Again about the screen, I heard very different opinions, last one is that M8 is better under direct sunlight even if Note 4 is on Auto mode!
    Is that true??
    03-24-2015 11:28 AM
    Again about the screen, I heard very different opinions, last one is that M8 is better under direct sunlight even if Note 4 is on Auto mode!
    Is that true??
    As far as I can remember, they're pretty equal. The M8 was a little better, but brightness doesn't affect the battery of AMOLED as much as LCD.
    03-24-2015 05:56 PM
    The basic functions of the note4 will probably be frustrating to you.

For example:
    The dialer is way slower than on the HTC phones.
    The HTC phones feel built better.
    Note4 lock screen doesn't have as many shortcuts.
    Note4 doesn't seem as loud.

Other things about the note4 like the size, screen, multi window, and s-pen are awesome though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    03-25-2015 07:13 PM
    I have used the M8 prior to my Note 4, and I'm very pleased with the Note 4 so far. I really liked my M8 as well. For as big as I expected the Note 4 to be, it really doesn't seem too big...if that makes sense lol...surprisingly easy 1 handed use.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
    03-25-2015 09:20 PM
    For as big as I expected the Note 4 to be, it really doesn't seem too big...if that makes sense lol...surprisingly easy 1 handed use.
    This is how I feel. You can tell in your pocket, but it really doesn't seem that much bigger when you're using it.
    03-25-2015 11:08 PM
    The basic functions of the note4 will probably be frustrating to you.

For example:
    The dialer is way slower than on the HTC phones.
    The HTC phones feel built better.
    Note4 lock screen doesn't have as many shortcuts.
    Note4 doesn't seem as loud.

Other things about the note4 like the size, screen, multi window, and s-pen are awesome though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    I heard the Note 4 with this week LP update is 2 even 3x faster and lags disappeared, is that true?
    And if yes is it now on par with M8 for UI speed (dialer...)?
    Because of my astigmatism (slight blurry vision for near objects) I want a screen with sharper or bigger fonts (or both), is the text on Note 4 sharper than M8 thanks to the screen's size,QHD and amoled?
    03-27-2015 07:14 AM
    is the text on Note 4 sharper than M8 thanks to the screen's size,QHD and amoled?
    It is, because of QHD. Screen size matters too, but more for devices that have a 2+" difference. At these resolutions the subpixel arrangement in AMOLED doesn't really have an impact.

So no, yes, no.
    03-28-2015 03:30 AM
    Thanks I am gonna try the Note 4 and Edge again at Samsung showroom today, specially for the fonts and in-hand ergonomics knowing in summer I hold my phone all the time when I walk like for example at a mall.
    The stupid thing with Samsung is that you can change the fonts size in the settings but they don't change in the main screen nor in the drawer, you have to use a third party app for that right?
    03-28-2015 05:22 AM
    Thanks I am gonna try the Note 4 and Edge again at Samsung showroom today, specially for the fonts and in-hand ergonomics knowing in summer I hold my phone all the time when I walk like for example at a mall.
    The stupid thing with Samsung is that you can change the fonts size in the settings but they don't change in the main screen nor in the drawer, you have to use a third party app for that right?
    I got the Note 4 over the Edge because the Edge felt way bigger, and when I'm using both hands, I use my left hand to hold it, so it's very awkward dealing with so little to hold on to because of that curve.

I just checked; using the default TouchWiz launcher the size doesn't change, but something like Action Launcher 3 they do, so yeah it looks like you have to use a different launcher to have the font size change.
    03-28-2015 04:01 PM
    I got the Note 4 over the Edge because the Edge felt way bigger, and when I'm using both hands, I use my left hand to hold it, so it's very awkward dealing with so little to hold on to because of that curve.

I just checked; using the default TouchWiz launcher the size doesn't change, but something like Action Launcher 3 they do, so yeah it looks like you have to use a different launcher to have the font size change.
    Thanks!
    You are right I tried to hold the Edge and N4 in my hand and Edge is larger, actually I could even use N4 one handed for some stuff but not the Edge!
    The only thing annoying for one handed operations are the capacitive and home buttons, they are far from the thumb though with a little stretching I can reach them.
    The N4 is not so bigger than M8 with its Dot view cover on, I would say a 1cm in height and 0.7 cm in width, the weight is slightly more with the M8+dot view cover.
    As for the fonts even without making them bigger on the main page and drawer they are much easier to read than on my M8's screen
    Tried the sound volume with a video, and WOW! it's damn loud! Even in a crowded mall the movie was loud like on a TV, though the speaker was crackling on the highest volume. The M8 has stereo clear sound but no way that loud.
    Something bizarre, the seller told me they have both 3G and 4G models, both are Exynos and both are 910C, is that possible?
    I wonder which one is Isocell and Sony for the camera.
    03-28-2015 05:43 PM
    Thanks!
    You are right I tried to hold the Edge and N4 in my hand and Edge is larger, actually I could even use N4 one handed for some stuff but not the Edge!
    The only thing annoying for one handed operations are the capacitive and home buttons, they are far from the thumb though with a little stretching I can reach them.
    The N4 is not so bigger than M8 with its Dot view cover on, I would say a 1cm in height and 0.7 cm in width, the weight is slightly more with the M8+dot view cover.
    As for the fonts even without making them bigger on the main page and drawer they are much easier to read than on my M8's screen
    Tried the sound volume with a video, and WOW! it's damn loud! Even in a crowded mall the movie was loud like on a TV, though the speaker was crackling on the highest volume. The M8 has stereo clear sound but no way that loud.
    Something bizarre, the seller told me they have both 3G and 4G models, both are Exynos and both are 910C, is that possible?
    I wonder which one is Isocell and Sony for the camera.
    The only one I might have to stretch for is Recents, but I don't use it too much so it's fine for me, and I'm tall so I have long fingers. :P

The size difference is really only apparent when it's in your pocket, and especially when you're sitting. It doesn't seem much bigger, but once you sit down you can very much feel that little extra width. If I go out to eat for example, sometimes it's uncomfortable enough that I'll just take it out and put it beside me on the table.

I think the speaker is a little louder, but it does distort heavily, and is just in general not good. I really despise it still being on the back. Going back to the restaurant example, if I put it on the table most of the time I won't even hear it, because the table is blocking all the sound. And unlike the M8, the volume for notifications is separate from calls, so if you want to change it for notifications you have to hit the volume key, then the Settings gear, and change it from there which gets really annoying after the first time.

The 910C is the model with the Exynos, so yes. The Snapdragon 805 variant is 910S.

All the Note 4s have the Sony Exmor. Pretty sure the ISOCELL was a rumor and/or was scrapped.
    03-28-2015 06:38 PM
    The only one I might have to stretch for is Recents, but I don't use it too much so it's fine for me, and I'm tall so I have long fingers. :P

The size difference is really only apparent when it's in your pocket, and especially when you're sitting. It doesn't seem much bigger, but once you sit down you can very much feel that little extra width. If I go out to eat for example, sometimes it's uncomfortable enough that I'll just take it out and put it beside me on the table.

I think the speaker is a little louder, but it does distort heavily, and is just in general not good. I really despise it still being on the back. Going back to the restaurant example, if I put it on the table most of the time I won't even hear it, because the table is blocking all the sound. And unlike the M8, the volume for notifications is separate from calls, so if you want to change it for notifications you have to hit the volume key, then the Settings gear, and change it from there which gets really annoying after the first time.

The 910C is the model with the Exynos, so yes. The Snapdragon 805 variant is 910S.

All the Note 4s have the Sony Exmor. Pretty sure the ISOCELL was a rumor and/or was scrapped.
    Back in the short S4 days I had, the speaker had a sort of micro bump in the plastic that allowed the sound to not be muffled when posing it on a table, though the case I used was total flat so totally muffled.
    The N4 doesn't have this little plastic bump?
    03-28-2015 08:20 PM
    Back in the short S4 days I had, the speaker had a sort of micro bump in the plastic that allowed the sound to not be muffled when posing it on a table, though the case I used was total flat so totally muffled.
    The N4 doesn't have this little plastic bump?
    it does have the bump, and with it and not using a case it gets louder, in my experience, by placing it on a flat hard surface because of the reflections. obviously if you set it on a big, thick, soft surface, like a blanket on top of a mattress, it's going to get absorbed and you won't really hear anything. but on a table, the speaker is pretty solid as far as phone speakers go
    Cool Jeff likes this.
    03-28-2015 09:33 PM