"OK Google" reminders now set an alarm?

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that "OK Google" reminders now set an alarm with the reminder subject as opposed to it just using a Google notification for the reminder. So now when a reminder alert goes off it's a loud obnoxious alarm song instead of just a single notification sound chosen from within the Google Now app.

Anyone else experiencing this? (Sprint - Lollipop - Google Now version 4.3.10)

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using ok google to set alarms for a while. I'm not sure if I ever experienced a difference between alarm and reminder tho.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
If you say "wake me up in an hour" or "set alarm for 7:03am" it would set the alarm. But if you say "remind me about the meeting at 10:55" it would be categorized as a "reminder" and use a regular Google Now notification to remind you. Also, it would be listed in Google Now reminders ....but now it's an "Alarm" with note

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Not a fan either. I don't need an alarm going off in my pocket just to remind myself that's it's time to attend my 11am meeting. I want a simple Google Now notification that appears in the drop down and my Gear 2

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I noticed today that "OK Google" reminders now set an alarm with the reminder subject as opposed to it just using a Google notification for the reminder. So now when a reminder alert goes off it's a loud obnoxious alarm song instead of just a single notification sound chosen from within the Google Now app.

Anyone else experiencing this? (Sprint - Lollipop - Google Now version 4.3.10)

Just noticed that same thing yest. when I set a reminder, it now comes up as an alarm. I'm on a stock N4 w/K.K. on Tmobile.

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Not a fan either. I don't need an alarm going off in my pocket just to remind myself that's it's time to attend my 11am meeting. I want a simple Google Now notification that appears in the drop down and my Gear 2

I just had my "alarm" (which really was a reminder) in Google Now go off . The good news is, the alert sound I rec'd. was the orig. notification tone I set for my Google reminders, NOT my alarm notification, which is good.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I just had my "alarm" (which really was a reminder) in Google Now go off . The good news is, the sound I rec'd. was the orig. notification sound I set for my Google reminders, NOT my alarm notification.

What happens if you set an actual alarm? What sound do you receive then?

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
If I use Google voice to set an alarm, it still alerts me using the Google notification tone I set.

So if you wanted to set an alarm to wake you up it would only use the Google Now notification sound that you set?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar