Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - How to get rid of Smart Remote TV app from the home screen?

pault100

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone please help me I have recently purchase a Note 4 & have used the Smart Remote TV App to control my tv, however it appears to nerv go from my home screen! This is quite annoying when I don't want to use it, especially if I am not at home.

Even when my phone isn't in use if I press a button it appears on half of the screen!

How do you get rid of it from the home screen, pls help??

Thank you

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Is it on the home screen, the lockscreen, or the notification bar? If it's on the homescreen, that must be a widget, and you can get rid of it by tapping and holding onto it until your phone vibrates and then drag it into the trash can icon.

If it's on the lockscreen or notification bar, you can disable that in the app's settings.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I had a similar problem with the app. It was made by Peel. So, now I use my Directv app and/or my logitech harmony app on my phone. They both work well. To get the logitech harmony app to work, you would need to get the correct harmony remote though.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

You can go to the application manager and force stop the application. That will kill the half screen notification. It has happened to me.
It won't reappear until you launch the app again, and then not guaranteed.
Good Luck!
Ron