07-17-2015 10:48 PM
404 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Dammit, no I did not. Ok, I have mute there when I cycle to mute with the volume rocker. Wouldn't it be better if there was a mute button there all the time though?
    It's always been like that as far as I know. I personally prefer it like it's current state because it's less buttons.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2015 10:10 AM
    I need help please! I tried searching for results but no luck. I have an unlocked AT&T Note 4 running on Cricket and everytime i check for an update, it says my phone is up to date. I'm still on version 4.4.4 and trying to take the leap for lollipop. What do I need to do in order to get this update.
    ps. This is my first time owning a Samsung phone and the first time using a prepaid provider.
    Thanks
    Correct me if wrong but you need to have an ATT sims card to get the update since that's where the OTA is coming from.

03-27-2015 10:11 AM
    Amazon shuts down a lot and that has not happened before.
    Yes my Amazon shuts down constantly and it's annoying. And because it's bloatware I can't delete to reinstall. I even cleared data and cache. I finally did a force stop and haven't seen it so far

03-27-2015 10:13 AM
    I'm having same problem too. Find a solution, let me know

Re: using Cricket on an ATT Note 4
    03-27-2015 10:24 AM
    This almost fixed my issue. Thank you for your response!

The screen still has to be on to activate Google Now via voice while on battery. On Kitkat, I could activate Google Now with the phone off and locked via my voice. As per the description that I have in Google Now, the phone must be charging or have the screen on to activate Google Now... Disabling s voice did make the greyed out toggles usable, though.

On a side note, battery life seems to be bad compared to Kitkat.
    Mine works the same as yours. Has to be on the charger or screen activated for Google Now to recognize commands. I don't really get the requirement for the charger.
    03-27-2015 10:35 AM
    You are lucky most unlocked carrier free international note 4s haven't received any updates except for Poland. We are all on kit kat.

Posted via the Android Central App. Magichoward
    03-27-2015 12:36 PM
    Annoying how we are forced to update to lollipop when we don't want to.

Now I can't toggle my data anymore thru apps -.- do NOT like lollipop one bit. Anyone have a work around for this?
    03-27-2015 03:04 PM
    That makes sense. I guess I'll have to update it manually somehow. Thanks for the response!
    03-27-2015 03:36 PM

Now I can't toggle my data anymore thru apps -.- do NOT like lollipop one bit. Anyone have a work around for this?
    You can try power saver mode and select "restrict background data", but turn off " restrict performance " and "greyscale". While not the same, it may work.
    03-27-2015 04:25 PM
    Yeah my battery life sucks.

03-27-2015 04:43 PM
    After the lollipop my battery sucks I did a reset and clean the cache partition still not good. Any advice?

03-27-2015 05:04 PM
    Did a factory reset and it fixed most of my complaints including battery life 👌
    03-27-2015 05:05 PM
    Battery life was taking a hit with android os killing my battery. I just updated a Samsung app that I was putting of updating base on the reviews but did that today and things seem slightly better. Really don't want to do a reset but if that didn't fix it that's my next step. Just make sure all your apps are up to date as that was having an effect.
    03-27-2015 05:23 PM

I was already using a quick settings app on my smartwatches so it wasn't more than just a frustration that AT&T left the toggle off again, intentionally imo.
    When Kit Kat first came out the most popular battery monitor apps no longer worked, due to a similar thing but within weeks the apps had made themselves be able to work again so I'm hoping aftermarket toggles will be working again soon. Also when 4G first came around none of the data toggles worked on 4G phones, but they worked that out also.
    03-27-2015 05:31 PM
    Mine was updating but lost home internet (ugh Comcast) connection at 54% and it cancelled and said it can't check for updates for another 24 hrs..right be a blessing in disguise?!

03-27-2015 05:35 PM
    Mine was updating but lost home internet (ugh Comcast) connection at 54% and it cancelled and said it can't check for updates for another 24 hrs..right be a blessing in disguise?!

I think so. I've got noticeably worse battery life even after cleaning the cache and lost the fast charge in my car. Haven't had a chance to use a lot of my apps yet so don't know if they work properly or not. In my case I'd rather have Kit Kat w/ car fast charge than Lollipop without it. Especially considering the notably less battery life w/ Lollipop.

Very last thing I want to do is a factory reset. Takes me a couple of hours & I had a phone that functioned perfectly before AT&T forced the Lollipop update on me.
    03-27-2015 06:37 PM
    I think so. I've got noticeably worse battery life even after cleaning the cache and lost the fast charge in my car. Haven't had a chance to use a lot of my apps yet so don't know if they work properly or not. In my case I'd rather have Kit Kat w/ car fast charge than Lollipop without it. Especially considering the notably less battery life w/ Lollipop.

Very last thing I want to do is a factory reset. Takes me a couple of hours & I had a phone that functioned perfectly before AT&T forced the Lollipop update on me.
    My battery is no different with this update. And my "fast charger" for my car works perfectly fine too!
    03-27-2015 06:50 PM
    My battery is no different with this update. And my "fast charger" for my car works perfectly fine too!
    Did you do a factory reset?
    03-27-2015 06:57 PM
    5.0.1 on a Note 4? A memory leak in 3GB of RAM?

Not on my phone.

I'm glad I froze my updater if this is what AT&T is going to do to us. I'll stick with 4.4.2 until a real update comes along. I don't need the SSL fix, and I certainly don't need a white screen on an Amoled display to kill my battery - a key will do it faster.
    03-27-2015 07:14 PM
    Yes, i do.
    03-27-2015 07:27 PM
    5.0.1 on a Note 4? A memory leak in 3GB of RAM?

Not on my phone.

I'm glad I froze my updater if this is what AT&T is going to do to us. I'll stick with 4.4.2 until a real update comes along. I don't need the SSL fix, and I certainly don't need a white screen on an Amoled display to kill my battery - a key will do it faster.
    I really wish I knew about being able to freeze the updater before getting the Lollipop update. I wasn't going to do the update immediately anyway I wanted to follow the threads about it to see what results people were having and having read the posts I have over the last couple of days I definitely would not have updated.

Lollipop is the first OS update IIRC that downloaded by itself. Every other OS update since Gingerbread on a Captivate I had to manually check for the update and manually select the download.

Another minor issue I have is when I insert the phone in my CraigsDocks carmount/dock which has a mini USB the dock auto activates the native car dock mode (whether the charger is plugged in or not) and on mine the native car dock mode auto activates my Car Home Ultra app. Didn't require any screen input from me unless the screen was locked on Kit Kat, on Lollipop I get a screen that forces me to select which app I want to complete the process to activate Car Home Ultra. In the car between that & losing fast charge there's no question I'd rather have Kit Kat.

For that matter between the Lollipop lag & markedly decreased battery life I rather have Kit Kat period. I went from a phone that worked to my complete satisfaction w/ Kit Kat to one that I now have issues with using Lollipop. Thanks AT&T.
    03-27-2015 07:29 PM
    Well, my battery life is significantly better, especially when the screen is off/standby. I did not reset, clear cache, any of the above.
    03-27-2015 07:30 PM
    Well, my battery life is significantly better, especially when the screen is off/standby. I did not reset, clear cache, any of the above.
    My battery life is significantly better when the screen is off too but what good is that if it's considerably worse when I'm using the phone? On Kit Kat I had no battery issues. In fact on Kit Kat my N4 was the first smartphone I ever had that went through the day without mandatory charging using the stock battery. Not on Lollipop.
    03-27-2015 07:42 PM
    Did you do a factory reset?
    Nope.
    No factory reset; did not clear cache.
    I just did the update without any hocus pocus.

03-27-2015 08:00 PM
    I just updated. Interesting new keyboard as I type this. Anyway, I'm having sd card issues. I read about them somewhat so before I updated I took my sd out. Now after the update I put it back on and rebooted and this is what is happening. Also google play error for some reason that won't go away.

Attached Thumbnails AT&T  Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop-screenshot_2015-03-27-21-11-28.jpg  
    03-27-2015 08:14 PM
404 ... 1011121314 ...