07-17-2015 11:48 PM
404 ... 1314151617
tools
    I'm also in Texas around the denton area and rec. AT&T updated the first day.
    In Texas as well and got it the 1st day
    04-02-2015 10:52 AM
    Haven't gotten it in NC. But then again I haven't manually checked either...kinda don't want to...on the fence, lol
    04-02-2015 12:20 PM
    Haven't gotten it in NC. But then again I haven't manually checked either...kinda don't want to...on the fence, lol
    I'm in MI and checked manually to see if the update was there and it was but go no notification of it. You'll eventually have to update so get it out of the way haha. The phone definitely runs smoother after the update but my battery life has been hit or miss since the update. Some days I'd get good ost others it would be half of what it normally was. I finally gave in and did a reset yesterday so we'll see if that resolves it. Since the reset all the little errors that I was getting haven't shown up again so thinking that solved it. Just to make things easier you can backup to keis prior to doing the reset.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:54 PM
    Most certainly... You'll be hard pressed to find a more effective means to completely bork your phone than to have the battery give up the ghost in the middle of an update. Bad things.. very bad things....
    I don't want to ask what will happen πŸ˜‰
    04-02-2015 10:07 PM
    I don't want to ask what will happen πŸ˜‰
    From reading multiple threads on different websites not many people are experiencing issues with the AT&T Lollipop update. Not that my friends and I are the majority but we haven't had any issues at all. Wish everyone else the best of luck and try and be patient.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4
    04-03-2015 07:25 AM
    I've checked everyday and still nothing I'm in San Antonio Texas 😣
    04-07-2015 10:01 AM
    you must do a factory data reset.
    connect to wifi.
    check for update.

It will force the update from AT&T's servers. Process must be completed in the order above.
    04-07-2015 10:53 AM
    I'ma try it thanks everyone you guys are the real MVP lol
    04-07-2015 11:02 PM
    I have the AT&T Note 4 but I'm on Cricket. Will I still get the update?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 11:21 PM
    I have the AT&T Note 4 but I'm on Cricket. Will I still get the update?

Only if you put an att sim in it.
    04-07-2015 11:50 PM
    I've checked everyday and still nothing I'm in San Antonio Texas 😣
    I'm in San Antonio, on at&t. I got the update the first day.

04-10-2015 08:20 AM
    So after the lollipop update my Note 4 works ok at home on the wifi. At work the temp goes up to 150 F when on wifi. I turned off everything and still the 4G auto switches to wifi and heats up with noting running on the phone. At home on the wifi it averages 98 F and on 4G it is about 109 F if nothing is running.

Using the phone on on either mode (except at work) averages 120 - 135 F.

At 150 F the icons get weird, apps randomly launch and wifi goes on and off. I went to the AT&T support store and they said lollipop screwed - up some Note 4s with wifi and there is another update coming.

My wife's Note 4 works great and we updated a day apart.
    04-10-2015 10:41 AM
    My wife's Note 4 works great and we updated a day apart.
    In that case, I would try to blow the cache, then if no improvement perform a factory reset . Sounds more like corruption than a bad image.
    04-10-2015 04:19 PM
    Hey all

My T-Mobile Note 4 has been unlocked today by T-Mobile. I am wondering if I insert an activated AT&T sim and reset the phone to factory, if I will be able to get the AT&T Lollipop update or am I stuck waiting for T-Mobile?

Not sure if anyone here will have an answer but thanks!
    04-10-2015 05:57 PM
    Hey all

My T-Mobile Note 4 has been unlocked today by T-Mobile. I am wondering if I insert an activated AT&T sim and reset the phone to factory, if I will be able to get the AT&T Lollipop update or am I stuck waiting for T-Mobile?

That might work but why? Lollipop indeed isn't bad but its not the messiah either, at least not IME. I guess it can't hurt to give it a shot. ...especially since you have backup devices.

πŸ”Šfrom the n.3 Monolith 🎧
    04-10-2015 08:52 PM
    I might have a real problem: I was updating my Galaxy Note 4 using Verizon's Update Assistant (we do NOT have a cell in our area) and our internet connection dropped in the middle of the update. I got the notice that I now needed to do a repair. It gets about 83% done then chokes (another error message pops up that the connection was reset). I can't restart my phone, I just have a screen showing the Android robot saying "Downloading, do not turn off target!!. In the upper left corner of the screen is the following text:
    Odin Mode (High Speed)
    Product Name: SM-N918V
    Current Binary: Samsung Official
    System Status: Official
    Reactivation Lock (KK): Off
    Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
    AP SWREV: S1, T1, A1, A1,P1
    Secure Download: Enable
    UDC Start
    Secure Check Fail: aboot

Any advice or suggestions on what to do now??? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Update (4/12): I contacted both Verizon and Samsung to see what they had to suggest and was advised that I needed to send in my phone to Samsung for flashing. Super-nice technical advisors, by the way. I checked the phone this morning and was very surprised to be able to restart the phone and my contacts, etc. seem all OK. I don't know if the update went through or not; I'll check the phone with the Samsung Update Assistant tomorrow but with a little luck, my phone might be OK after all.

Update (4/13): Doing the happy dance: got the phone successfully updated and all is well. Called Samsung to report success and asked them to close out my repair ticket.
    04-10-2015 09:40 PM
    Nope, it doesn't demand a charger, and its not an iPad, so excuse my snarky comment, but it doesn't matter what an iPad does.
    boufa, my lollipop 5.0.1 update required a charger on my Note 4. Just sayin' . . .
    04-12-2015 04:42 PM
    So far everything seems smooth. Got the Google services error and rebooted into the bootloader to clear cache partitions and noticed there some extra options to view logs and enable and disable collecting information. After reboot seems legit. Too early to tell problems.
    How do you reboot into the bootloader to see where to disable collecting info?
    04-12-2015 05:16 PM
    People with the update, do you have a mute option in the notification shade?
    No, and it's not an option after pushing the power button
    04-12-2015 06:14 PM
    What is strange is that I'm on att, have an att sim, an att branded phone, and haven't received the update...not forced anyway. I haven't checked software update to see if it's there though. Kinda afraid to cause I'm not sure I even want the update. And my hubby hasn't received it either...are we lucky? Or is something messed up lol
    My Note 4 got Lollipop about at least a week ago but my husband's Note 4 hasn't yet--and we do live in the same house LOL
    04-12-2015 07:39 PM
    Hey all

Pretty sure u have to wait for tmobile to release the update

04-12-2015 08:23 PM
    Pretty sure u have to wait for tmobile to release the update

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion myself. After being away from AT&T for two years, I was anxious to see if they've improved the signal in my area and they haven't. I still can't get AT&T at my house in the middle of Denver so I will continue to use T-Mobile on my phone.

Hopefully it's not much more of a wait for Lollipop since T-Mobile is now testing it for release.
    04-12-2015 08:29 PM
    In N.J. and still no lollipop for my Note 4. My son (Note 3) and daughter (Note4) got their updates two weeks ago. All of us are on the same account. Not sure if I should be happy or upset considering some of the reviews.
    04-13-2015 10:20 AM
    In N.J. and still no lollipop for my Note 4. My son (Note 3) and daughter (Note4) got their updates two weeks ago. All of us are on the same account. Not sure if I should be happy or upset considering some of the reviews.
    If you interact with an SD card Lollipop is better at that as 3rd party apps can now write to the SD card. Otherwise, Kit Kat is fine, IMO.

πŸ”Šfrom the n.3 Monolith 🎧
    04-13-2015 12:28 PM
    So over the weekend I was too curious, so I decided to see if I had the update...did a manual check, and lo and behold, there it was and I dl it. Didn't install, cause I wasn't sure I still wanted to. Kept getting those pesky reminders to update... Kept hitting later. Went out, had a few drinks and must have hit install, and well, I now how Lollipop! LOL

Was fearing the worst, but honestly aside from a few appearance changes, it seems to be running fine. Battery tad bit less on this, so will see as time tells.. Haven't cache wiped or reset or anything...does feel smoother...

It's just weird that it didn't auto update for me like so many of you....not complaining but strange.
    GregMargie and shaleem like this.
    04-13-2015 01:12 PM
404 ... 1314151617