07-17-2015 11:48 PM
404 ... 23456 ...
tools
    How does downloading and installing Lollipop effect your launcher? I have Nova, and have not downloaded the update yet. Will it kill my Nova Launcher? or Default it?
    No effect at all... loaded right into nova for me immediately upon first boot. Like nothing changed.
    03-24-2015 04:20 PM
    Got the update in 30 minutes via WiFi. This is 5.0.1,arent they up to 5.1?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2015 04:30 PM
    The issue I have with Nova is the pull down to expand notification doesn't work, which really sucks. Main reason I used it so I don't have to reach to the top of the screen to pull down notifications.

03-24-2015 04:33 PM
    It will still be default.
    03-24-2015 04:34 PM
    So far everything seems smooth. Got the Google services error and rebooted into the bootloader to clear cache partitions and noticed there some extra options to view logs and enable and disable collecting information. After reboot seems legit. Too early to tell problems.

03-24-2015 04:41 PM
    The issue I have with Nova is the pull down to expand notification doesn't work, which really sucks. Main reason I used it so I don't have to reach to the top of the screen to pull down notifications.

Pull down notifications works fine for me using Nova. Go to Nova settings and then to "gestures and inputs". I have two finger swipe down set to "expand notifications" and it works perfectly.
    03-24-2015 04:43 PM
    Here are a few notes that I have noticed... .this is my first lollipop, so if I am missing something please correct me.

(based on AOSP "pure" android 5.0.x)
    1- no manual camera controls, no RAW features. (there is a manual camera app that will check the api to see if it is installed... it said No intstalled on this device
    2 - No flashlight from task bar
    3- Can't "pin apps"
    4 - Multi User mode including Guests
    5- No direct ChromeCast screen mirroring through the pull down settings
    6 - Smart Lock (thought it wasn't there, but its burried, you have to turn on via Trust Agents, under securtiy)
    7 - Tap to wake... supposed to be standard in 5.0

Thats all I have found so far. I must say most are overall trivial. I'm sure you have you rfavorite you with were in there (that likely no one else cares about... I'm looking at you tap to wake..) for me the camera raw/manual is annoyingly missing. All in all its a nice update.... just thought I would point these lollipop specific features that are missing out to you.
    03-24-2015 04:44 PM

You have to enable it. Go to Settings > Device > Accessibility
    Scroll to the bottom and unders Services Click On "Nova Launcher" to enable it.
    tsells likes this.
    03-24-2015 04:46 PM
    I'm seeing a few issues with the AT&T updated. I just received confirmation from AT&T that they are experiencing issues and they recommend waiting until the issues are resolved.
    What sort of issues? So far, mine has been solid, but I've been on good WiFi at my desk since the upgrade so it's not exactly a valid test.
    03-24-2015 04:47 PM
    Has anyone experience problems with apps updating. They seem to get stuck when downloading to update.

03-24-2015 04:51 PM
    You have to enable it. Go to Settings > Device > Accessibility
    Scroll to the bottom and unders Services Click On "Nova Launcher" to enable it.
    When I scroll to the bottom under services, I don't have "Nova Launcher" listed there.
    03-24-2015 04:52 PM
    Facebook got "stuck" I stopped it, activated several others using the "update all" button in the play store, and it then re-downloaded and installed its update. That has been the only one I noticed so fat.
    03-24-2015 04:55 PM
    Facebook got "stuck" I stopped it, activated several others using the "update all" button in the play store, and it then re-downloaded and installed its update. That has been the only one I noticed so fat.
    I had to close my app store and then restarted again started installing so it seems kind of buggy that's the only thing that I noticed so far

03-24-2015 04:58 PM
    Installed the update now my phone won't stop rebooting? Any ideas? Already tried wiping the cache. I really don't want to have to wipe my phone, but I guess that will be my next step.

03-24-2015 05:01 PM
    Here are a few notes that I have noticed... .this is my first lollipop, so if I am missing something please correct me.

(based on AOSP "pure" android 5.0.x)
    1- no manual camera controls, no RAW features. (there is a manual camera app that will check the api to see if it is installed... it said No intstalled on this device
    2 - No flashlight from task bar
    3- Can't "pin apps"
    4 - Multi User mode including Guests
    5- No direct ChromeCast screen mirroring through the pull down settings
    6 - Smart Lock (thought it wasn't there, but its burried, you have to turn on via Trust Agents, under securtiy)
    7 - Tap to wake... supposed to be standard in 5.0

Thats all I have found so far. I must say most are overall trivial. I'm sure you have you rfavorite you with were in there (that likely no one else cares about... I'm looking at you tap to wake..) for me the camera raw/manual is annoyingly missing. All in all its a nice update.... just thought I would point these lollipop specific features that are missing out to you.
    Since when is tap to wake standard on lollipop? I didn't even have that feature on my nexus 6.

tsells and hummingbirdhill like this.
    03-24-2015 05:16 PM
    other than the Google Play services error I cleared with a cache partition clear I haven't had any issues. I use Nova, my phone came up like nothing changed except for the UI
    03-24-2015 05:19 PM
    I also obtained my Note 4 via ATT and factory unlocked it and now use it with T-mobile. I manually checked for the update and there it was. In my case I received the update even though I am using T-mobile for my wireless service so I do not not see why you would not get the update either. Keep checking for the update if you have not received the notification already. And as everyone here has stated, it is a really slow download but will be worth the wait. Good luck.
    03-24-2015 05:32 PM
    How did you clear that? For future references
    03-24-2015 06:07 PM
    Man I can't wait to get it! I don't understand why Verizon takes so long.....

Galaxy note 4( Black)
    Galaxy Gear S (Black)
    Galaxy Gear 1-Tizen'ed(Black)
    Galaxy Tab Pro- 8.4"(White)
    Galaxy Tab 2- 10.1"(Black)
    Galaxy Circle & Galaxy Level box
    03-24-2015 06:13 PM

Go into setting for the phone not nova and accessibility and at the bottom is services. You will need to give permission to nova there to use the pull down notifications. As soon as I tried to pull the notifications down I was promoted to give permission not sure why yours didn't.
    morbidz likes this.
    03-24-2015 06:25 PM
    So, now that my Note 3 and Note 4 are getting borked I wonder when my Note Edge is gonna get borked with the update too.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    03-24-2015 06:44 PM
    Hmmm I can't none of my apps to update. The download and get stuck installing. Well while typing FB FINALLY updated. Not cool.

03-24-2015 06:47 PM
    Installing is going to take a bit longer on lollipop because it runs ART so the programs are compiled instead of interpreted at runtime. However, I wouldn't think the delay would be very bad.
    03-24-2015 06:51 PM
    For reference, just updated Google Drive (24 mb) in 35 seconds of "installing..." wait time. That feels about right with ART.
    03-24-2015 06:53 PM
    Installing is going to take a bit longer on lollipop because it runs ART so the programs are compiled instead of interpreted at runtime. However, I wouldn't think the delay would be very bad.
    So is Dalvik no longer used in Lollipop?

For the record everything did finally install. I did clear all cache and data for Google services in the App Manager and thanks to nate explaining ART was being used. I never switched to it so I wasn't aware. Earlier though it would never install. Just stayed stuck for all afternoon. All is good now and all 6 apps updated.

03-24-2015 06:54 PM
404 ... 23456 ...