AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Its downloading a 1161.38 MB update.... Look like it is likely Lollipop finally for AT&T

Of course its going very slow, so it will take a little while before I am certain what it is.

Either wait for the notice, or go into settings and manually check for an update. Change your date if need be (if you want to check again within less than the 24 hour waiting period), and manually check the update.

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Fiddling with the clock, force checking the update, etc... none of these methods will get an OTA update fast-tracked. Whether or not you get an update is entirely out of your hands and solely up to your carrier. In fact, some methods used to force an update (clearing play services data, etc) can actually work against you and do more harm than good.

Pretty much the only option you have is to just wait until you get the notification that an update is pending.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Fiddling with the clock, force checking the update, etc... none of these methods will get an OTA update fast-tracked. Whether or not you get an update is entirely out of your hands and solely up to your carrier. In fact, some methods used to force an update (clearing play services data, etc) can actually work against you and do more harm than good.

Pretty much the only option you have is to just wait until you get the notification that an update is pending.

Wrong... though I know what you meant... it isn't what I meant. I checked for an update last night after the article came out stating that the release was imminent. SO I had to wait 16 more hours before I was allowed by AT&T to check again. I reset the date on my device to allow a force check and this time it did the check and found the update.

So, yes, my method works for repeatedly trying the manual check for updates, and Yes, if you are not yet part of the roll out there is nothing you can do to change that... See we are both right.

Also, manually checking will get it faster IF your device is part of the current phase of the roll out. Your device only automaticlly checks periodically, maybe daily, so if you manually check you may be pleasantly surprised that it is waiting for you. If the roll out hasn't authorized your device yet, there is nothing you can do to change that.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
WARNING: DO NOT TRY THE UPGRADE WITHOUT A CHARGER!!!!

Running some quick math, you cannot get the entire update on a single battery charge. Make sure you either have a charger, or are using a charger. On WiFi I am killing about 8% battery every 10% of download. That would be 80% battery life just to download it, and that doesn't include install, which will likely be done mostly with more screen on time, leaving you basically dead without a charger.

DL speeds will vary, but many reports have it taking 1.5-2.5 hours to download.. currently at least.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Running some quick math, you cannot get the entire update on a single battery charge. Make sure you either have a charger, or are using a charger. On WiFi I am killing about 8% battery every 10% of download. That would be 80% battery life just to download it, and that doesn't include install, which will likely be done mostly with more screen on time, leaving you basically dead without a charger.

DL speeds will vary, but many reports have it taking 1.5-2.5 hours to download.. currently at least.

I'm at 29% downloaded in about 25 minutes. (So yes this will take an hour or more.) Battery went down 10% in 25 minutes.
EDIT: 50% in 40 minutes.

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Most certainly... You'll be hard pressed to find a more effective means to completely bork your phone than to have the battery give up the ghost in the middle of an update. Bad things.. very bad things....

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just hit 50% and it has taken 1 hour to do it.....

Someone on XDA has finished the DL and it is installing.. As soon as he posts his details, I repeat them here (and take credit for them..lol!) Of course XDA is the initial source that lead me to try checking for updates.... credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope the Note 4 is finally getting a proper LP update with S6 themes installer and blasted lags!

LP update on my M8 made the phone 3x faster

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I always said I'd wait for quite a while because of the rock solid stability of 4.4.4 on mine however, now the day has come and I'm kinda like a kid in a candy store. Thankfully I'm at work with no charger.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I dunno, I have downloaded 40% and only burned 10% of my battery. Hope that continues as I don't have my charger.