AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Im jealous. Tmobile isnt even close to releasing the update.
65bcb48f69f8dbd4826b4c9ea80629a8.jpg

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so anybody know how to stop the DL. I just walked into a WiFi area at work that I use sometimes and checked my phone and of course, my update is DL'ing, which I did not want to do. I shut off WiFi and it says it will resume once back in WiFi range. I don't want this to happen either. If it DL's and then gives the option of installing - fine, I'll deny the install however, I will still have over 1GB of space taken-up on my internal memory from the install files.

Are we SOL? Really there's no way to stop automatic system/OS updates on this device?

Yeah, I've never had the download start on its own so close after getting word on it. This doesn't feel like the usual staged rollout.

I would think (but I don't know) that the memory would be cache or app memory that could be cleared up somehow. I just scanned through cache and app data settings and can't find anything there. It may actually store it on the cache partition, but I'm not sure.

As far as installing it, I just got an "install now" or "remind me later" option when the download finished.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Started download with 93% battery. Downloaded and updated. 52% battery left. Took 2 hrs to download and I'm not a heavy phone user. If you plan on using the phone during the entire update than yes, use a charger.

Now that it's updated what's the big deal?

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
WOW this happened while I wasn't looking! Been looking for it and when I got distracted BAM!!!!!
Connected to the charger and downloading.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My only issue so far is a Google Services error that I can't clear. Says I have an app that needs updated but I'll be damned if I know which one

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My only issue so far is a Google Services error that I can't clear. Says I have an app that needs updated but I'll be damned if I know which one

Have you tried clearing any cache partition to see if it helped?

Posted via the Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was reluctant to pull the trigger but I did and downloading. I'm at 46% and started at iono around 1 maybe. Work wifi not so stellar. Probably would had been 2/3 done on home wifi. But anyways the junkie in me had to get his candy fix.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Its downloading a 1161.38 MB update.... Look like it is likely Lollipop finally for AT&T

Of course its going very slow, so it will take a little while before I am certain what it is.

Either wait for the notice, or go into settings and manually check for an update. Change your date if need be (if you want to check again within less than the 24 hour waiting period), and manually check the update.

It's Lollipop.

Posted via Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If it's 5.0.1, it's not the latest version. There was a 5.0.2 update. Now, the latest version is 5.1. So why is AT&T releasing 5.0.1 and not the latest version?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If it's 5.0.1, it's not the latest version. There was a 5.0.2 update. Now, the latest version is 5.1. So why is AT&T releasing 5.0.1 and not the latest version?

That's the life of Android, OEM, and Carriers. By the time the OEM releases it to the carriers to have them rape it, Google is already do new updates and releases.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Guess I'm rollin' without WiFi for the foreseeable future.I have basically unlimited data anyway and my LTE is faster than my home WiFi so the hell with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781