AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
It was there but if there's active icons it won't show. It's always been there for any of there phones

Posted via the Android Central App

Maybe you're on to something. I have always had the blocking mode circle icon in the left corner since day one. If this is in fact true, I take back all the bad things I said about AT&T.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to clear the cache partition and the android robot came up and read it was installing update. That lasted about 10 seconds. I then cleared cache partition and then rebooted.

Cleared the error

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have answer? I have been checking all night last night and today and keep getting software update interrupted your software is up to date Check back in 24 hours

Are you encrypted? That's what was happening on mine till I did a factory reset to remove encryption.

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
As others are saying, battery life seems great so far. Active use burns as fast as before, but with a screen that big it's to be expected. Put it down for two hours and it hasn't used up a single battery percentage yet.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
no real issues except for that persistent samsung bug where sometimes when you reboot the phone, some of your icons are gone. The app is there, and you can open it, but the actual icon is missing/blank.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Quick question. Maybe I'm overlooking something, but where can I view the actual screen on time? Before the update, we could see our actual SOT, but I can't seem to find that option now.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you're on to something. I have always had the blocking mode circle icon in the left corner since day one. If this is in fact true, I take back all the bad things I said about AT&T.

Well I wouldn't let them off the hook yet cause I've always had the Gear S icon showing but now it doesn't. May have to check Gear Manager settings but I don't know if that's a new thing with LP, Gear settings, or AT&T tinkering with active icons showing.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. Maybe I'm overlooking something, but where can I view the actual screen on time? Before the update, we could see our actual SOT, but I can't seem to find that option now.

Settings / General / Battery / tap on "Screen". Should show the "Time on".

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered a Note4 on Vodafone in the UK. Is Lollipop available for the Note4 in the UK?

Upgrading from a S5 and have got used to Lollipop on that after a few mishaps.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
This is something that really grinds my gears with Android and why I disable the OTA updater to take back control of my device so this doesn't happen. IMO this is one area Android really needs to mature in and provide a native way to control OS updates (ex. like Microsoft does with Windows where you have the option to set OS software updates to: Automatic, Notify only, or Disable). As it is now without killing the updater, you're at the mercy of Google, the OEM, or your carrier. Your device may get updated in the middle of the night or worse; a time when you need to use it whether you wanted it to or not. Either way it results in the user spending an inordinate amount of unplanned time troubleshooting and trying to fix a problem the update introduced to what was otherwise previously a problem free working device. :(

Hey, I appreciate the XDA link you provided yesterday however, it was too late for me at that point. I had a busy day.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
no real issues except for that persistent samsung bug where sometimes when you reboot the phone, some of your icons are gone. The app is there, and you can open it, but the actual icon is missing/blank.

Notorious. Haven't experienced that yet on 5.0 but 4.4.4, fuggedaboutit.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I was going to wait on the update and I hit continue on accident after dismissing it for a while.

Do you guys recommend a full restore after I update or it's not necessary?

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Not necessary at all. I just restarted the phone and cleared cache partition and good to go.
Thanks,
Is that holding the volume button up after turning the phone up and wiping the cache?

It keeps telling me an app needs an update, which is Google Play services, yet there isn't an update for the app..

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hold volume up, power and home button at the same time until it vibrates then hit wipe cashe partition then hit Reboot system now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome