AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

The AT&T data network. Every carrier but AT&T has a toggle in quick settings.
I tried that app, set it up, tapped the data toggle (up/down arrows) it opened my data settings instead of toggling data.
Thanks for the suggestion but Google is the one that disabled the ability for any 3rd party app to work anymore, according to Google itself.

It is AT&T. When I had my Nexus 6, I tried it on T-Mobile, and the hotshot toggle was there in quick settings. Switching to an AT&T sim, and it disappeared. Same with the Note 4. Power Toggles also doesn't work for me. However, mini launcher for Android Wear works, and I have an LG G Watch R, so if you have an Android Watch, there is a workaround. Very annoying though.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrstruegemini

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
In opinions about the update. I have installed it but haven't really used anything on it outside of this different color keyboard which is working way more efficiently then before

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a weird issue with sms. An incoming txt has a time stamp 2 min later than actual time. Meaning an incoming txt will time stamp 2:15 when real time is 2:13. So, the thread is all out of sequence. If I don't wait the 2 min to reply, my reply comes 1st in the thread. Anyone else have this bug?

Posted from my AT@T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App

Slantize

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
just thought i'd share my battery life results for this first run down with lollipop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-27-00-32-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-00-32-56.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_2015-03-27-00-33-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-00-33-03.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 120

Err0xx

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Disable S Voice in app management and then reboot. Always On will no longer be grayed out in Google Now settings.

This almost fixed my issue. Thank you for your response!

The screen still has to be on to activate Google Now via voice while on battery. On Kitkat, I could activate Google Now with the phone off and locked via my voice. As per the description that I have in Google Now, the phone must be charging or have the screen on to activate Google Now... Disabling s voice did make the greyed out toggles usable, though.

On a side note, battery life seems to be bad compared to Kitkat.

Last edited:

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a weird issue with sms. An incoming txt has a time stamp 2 min later than actual time. Meaning an incoming txt will time stamp 2:15 when real time is 2:13. So, the thread is all out of sequence. If I don't wait the 2 min to reply, my reply comes 1st in the thread. Anyone else have this bug?

Posted from my AT@T G-Note 4 via the Android Central App

This was happening with my N4 on Kit Kat . Go into Settings - Date and Time - check Automatic Time Zone and Automatic date and Time. Both should be checked off, but when I was having this problem the Automatic Time Zone wasn't checked.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

It is AT&T. When I had my Nexus 6, I tried it on T-Mobile, and the hotshot toggle was there in quick settings. Switching to an AT&T sim, and it disappeared. Same with the Note 4. Power Toggles also doesn't work for me. However, mini launcher for Android Wear works, and I have an LG G Watch R, so if you have an Android Watch, there is a workaround. Very annoying though.

I've got a Gear S and a Gear Fit, both with a quick settings app that I'd already been using since it was easier than waking the phone. If not for that I'd be more bothered by the AT&T, imo, shady practice.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This was happening with my N4 on Kit Kat . Go into Settings - Date and Time - check Automatic Time Zone and Automatic date and Time. Both should be checked off, but when I was having this problem the Automatic Time Zone wasn't checked.
Thanks. I checked the settings and automatic time zone was checked but automatic date and time were not.
I'll report back when I know something.

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
My mute and sound button works fine after the update. Amazon shuts down a lot and that has not happened before.Charging is still as fast as pre-lollipop. The update did **** my wife off. She waited for me to check my phone out and AT&T forced the update on her while at work.

She didn't get to back-up or have a chance to get the phone ready. A lot of her settings went to default and the screen went to auto brightness.

Last edited:

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Weird for you cause my Google Now works the way it's suppose to. And yes I agree my battery seems to take a harder hit on LP. I refuse to reset my phone though so we'll see how fair it plays for now.

DaGODFather

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I need help please! I tried searching for results but no luck. I have an unlocked AT&T Note 4 running on Cricket and everytime i check for an update, it says my phone is up to date. I'm still on version 4.4.4 and trying to take the leap for lollipop. What do I need to do in order to get this update.
ps. This is my first time owning a Samsung phone and the first time using a prepaid provider.
Thanks

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Just for my ignorance did you cycle thru the button - sound, vibrate, mute.

Dammit, no I did not. Ok, I have mute there when I cycle to mute with the volume rocker. Wouldn't it be better if there was a mute button there all the time though?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Dammit, no I did not. Ok, I have mute there when I cycle to mute with the volume rocker. Wouldn't it be better if there was a mute button there all the time though?

It's always been like that as far as I know. I personally prefer it like it's current state because it's less buttons.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I need help please! I tried searching for results but no luck. I have an unlocked AT&T Note 4 running on Cricket and everytime i check for an update, it says my phone is up to date. I'm still on version 4.4.4 and trying to take the leap for lollipop. What do I need to do in order to get this update.
ps. This is my first time owning a Samsung phone and the first time using a prepaid provider.
Thanks

Correct me if wrong but you need to have an ATT sims card to get the update since that's where the OTA is coming from.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Amazon shuts down a lot and that has not happened before.

Yes my Amazon shuts down constantly and it's annoying. And because it's bloatware I can't delete to reinstall. I even cleared data and cache. I finally did a force stop and haven't seen it so far

ROMIL01

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
This almost fixed my issue. Thank you for your response!

The screen still has to be on to activate Google Now via voice while on battery. On Kitkat, I could activate Google Now with the phone off and locked via my voice. As per the description that I have in Google Now, the phone must be charging or have the screen on to activate Google Now... Disabling s voice did make the greyed out toggles usable, though.

Mine works the same as yours. Has to be on the charger or screen activated for Google Now to recognize commands. I don't really get the requirement for the charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae