AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You are lucky most unlocked carrier free international note 4s haven't received any updates except for Poland. We are all on kit kat.

Posted via the Android Central App. Magichoward

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Annoying how we are forced to update to lollipop when we don't want to.

Now I can't toggle my data anymore thru apps -.- do NOT like lollipop one bit. Anyone have a work around for this?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Now I can't toggle my data anymore thru apps -.- do NOT like lollipop one bit. Anyone have a work around for this?

You can try power saver mode and select "restrict background data", but turn off " restrict performance " and "greyscale". While not the same, it may work.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
After the lollipop my battery sucks I did a reset and clean the cache partition still not good. Any advice?

Posted via the Android Central App

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life was taking a hit with android os killing my battery. I just updated a Samsung app that I was putting of updating base on the reviews but did that today and things seem slightly better. Really don't want to do a reset but if that didn't fix it that's my next step. Just make sure all your apps are up to date as that was having an effect.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

I was already using a quick settings app on my smartwatches so it wasn't more than just a frustration that AT&T left the toggle off again, intentionally imo.
When Kit Kat first came out the most popular battery monitor apps no longer worked, due to a similar thing but within weeks the apps had made themselves be able to work again so I'm hoping aftermarket toggles will be working again soon. Also when 4G first came around none of the data toggles worked on 4G phones, but they worked that out also.

wetermommy

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine was updating but lost home internet (ugh Comcast) connection at 54% and it cancelled and said it can't check for updates for another 24 hrs..right be a blessing in disguise?!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine was updating but lost home internet (ugh Comcast) connection at 54% and it cancelled and said it can't check for updates for another 24 hrs..right be a blessing in disguise?!

I think so. I've got noticeably worse battery life even after cleaning the cache and lost the fast charge in my car. Haven't had a chance to use a lot of my apps yet so don't know if they work properly or not. In my case I'd rather have Kit Kat w/ car fast charge than Lollipop without it. Especially considering the notably less battery life w/ Lollipop.

Very last thing I want to do is a factory reset. Takes me a couple of hours & I had a phone that functioned perfectly before AT&T forced the Lollipop update on me.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think so. I've got noticeably worse battery life even after cleaning the cache and lost the fast charge in my car. Haven't had a chance to use a lot of my apps yet so don't know if they work properly or not. In my case I'd rather have Kit Kat w/ car fast charge than Lollipop without it. Especially considering the notably less battery life w/ Lollipop.

Very last thing I want to do is a factory reset. Takes me a couple of hours & I had a phone that functioned perfectly before AT&T forced the Lollipop update on me.

My battery is no different with this update. And my "fast charger" for my car works perfectly fine too!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
5.0.1 on a Note 4? A memory leak in 3GB of RAM?

Not on my phone.

I'm glad I froze my updater if this is what AT&T is going to do to us. I'll stick with 4.4.2 until a real update comes along. I don't need the SSL fix, and I certainly don't need a white screen on an Amoled display to kill my battery - a key will do it faster.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
5.0.1 on a Note 4? A memory leak in 3GB of RAM?

Not on my phone.

I'm glad I froze my updater if this is what AT&T is going to do to us. I'll stick with 4.4.2 until a real update comes along. I don't need the SSL fix, and I certainly don't need a white screen on an Amoled display to kill my battery - a key will do it faster.

I really wish I knew about being able to freeze the updater before getting the Lollipop update. I wasn't going to do the update immediately anyway I wanted to follow the threads about it to see what results people were having and having read the posts I have over the last couple of days I definitely would not have updated.

Lollipop is the first OS update IIRC that downloaded by itself. Every other OS update since Gingerbread on a Captivate I had to manually check for the update and manually select the download.

Another minor issue I have is when I insert the phone in my CraigsDocks carmount/dock which has a mini USB the dock auto activates the native car dock mode (whether the charger is plugged in or not) and on mine the native car dock mode auto activates my Car Home Ultra app. Didn't require any screen input from me unless the screen was locked on Kit Kat, on Lollipop I get a screen that forces me to select which app I want to complete the process to activate Car Home Ultra. In the car between that & losing fast charge there's no question I'd rather have Kit Kat.

For that matter between the Lollipop lag & markedly decreased battery life I rather have Kit Kat period. I went from a phone that worked to my complete satisfaction w/ Kit Kat to one that I now have issues with using Lollipop. Thanks AT&T.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, my battery life is significantly better, especially when the screen is off/standby. I did not reset, clear cache, any of the above.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, my battery life is significantly better, especially when the screen is off/standby. I did not reset, clear cache, any of the above.

My battery life is significantly better when the screen is off too but what good is that if it's considerably worse when I'm using the phone? On Kit Kat I had no battery issues. In fact on Kit Kat my N4 was the first smartphone I ever had that went through the day without mandatory charging using the stock battery. Not on Lollipop.

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I just updated. Interesting new keyboard as I type this. Anyway, I'm having sd card issues. I read about them somewhat so before I updated I took my sd out. Now after the update I put it back on and rebooted and this is what is happening. Also google play error for some reason that won't go away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-27-21-11-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-21-11-28.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 167