AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
So after the lollipop update my Note 4 works ok at home on the wifi. At work the temp goes up to 150 F when on wifi. I turned off everything and still the 4G auto switches to wifi and heats up with noting running on the phone. At home on the wifi it averages 98 F and on 4G it is about 109 F if nothing is running.

Using the phone on on either mode (except at work) averages 120 - 135 F.

At 150 F the icons get weird, apps randomly launch and wifi goes on and off. I went to the AT&T support store and they said lollipop screwed - up some Note 4s with wifi and there is another update coming.

My wife's Note 4 works great and we updated a day apart.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey all

My T-Mobile Note 4 has been unlocked today by T-Mobile. I am wondering if I insert an activated AT&T sim and reset the phone to factory, if I will be able to get the AT&T Lollipop update or am I stuck waiting for T-Mobile?

Not sure if anyone here will have an answer but thanks!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey all

My T-Mobile Note 4 has been unlocked today by T-Mobile. I am wondering if I insert an activated AT&T sim and reset the phone to factory, if I will be able to get the AT&T Lollipop update or am I stuck waiting for T-Mobile?

That might work but why? Lollipop indeed isn't bad but its not the messiah either, at least not IME. I guess it can't hurt to give it a shot. ...especially since you have backup devices.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧

SisqB

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I might have a real problem: I was updating my Galaxy Note 4 using Verizon's Update Assistant (we do NOT have a cell in our area) and our internet connection dropped in the middle of the update. I got the notice that I now needed to do a repair. It gets about 83% done then chokes (another error message pops up that the connection was reset). I can't restart my phone, I just have a screen showing the Android robot saying "Downloading, do not turn off target!!. In the upper left corner of the screen is the following text:
Odin Mode (High Speed)
Product Name: SM-N918V
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Reactivation Lock (KK): Off
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable (CSB)
AP SWREV: S1, T1, A1, A1,P1
Secure Download: Enable
UDC Start
Secure Check Fail: aboot

Any advice or suggestions on what to do now??? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Update (4/12): I contacted both Verizon and Samsung to see what they had to suggest and was advised that I needed to send in my phone to Samsung for flashing. Super-nice technical advisors, by the way. I checked the phone this morning and was very surprised to be able to restart the phone and my contacts, etc. seem all OK. I don't know if the update went through or not; I'll check the phone with the Samsung Update Assistant tomorrow but with a little luck, my phone might be OK after all.

Update (4/13): Doing the happy dance: got the phone successfully updated and all is well. Called Samsung to report success and asked them to close out my repair ticket.

Last edited:

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So far everything seems smooth. Got the Google services error and rebooted into the bootloader to clear cache partitions and noticed there some extra options to view logs and enable and disable collecting information. After reboot seems legit. Too early to tell problems.
Posted via the Android Central App

How do you reboot into the bootloader to see where to disable collecting info?

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
What is strange is that I'm on att, have an att sim, an att branded phone, and haven't received the update...not forced anyway. I haven't checked software update to see if it's there though. Kinda afraid to cause I'm not sure I even want the update. And my hubby hasn't received it either...are we lucky? Or is something messed up lol

My Note 4 got Lollipop about at least a week ago but my husband's Note 4 hasn't yet--and we do live in the same house LOL

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey all

Pretty sure u have to wait for tmobile to release the update

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure u have to wait for tmobile to release the update

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion myself. After being away from AT&T for two years, I was anxious to see if they've improved the signal in my area and they haven't. I still can't get AT&T at my house in the middle of Denver so I will continue to use T-Mobile on my phone.

Hopefully it's not much more of a wait for Lollipop since T-Mobile is now testing it for release.

Beltelmel

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
In N.J. and still no lollipop for my Note 4. My son (Note 3) and daughter (Note4) got their updates two weeks ago. All of us are on the same account. Not sure if I should be happy or upset considering some of the reviews.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
In N.J. and still no lollipop for my Note 4. My son (Note 3) and daughter (Note4) got their updates two weeks ago. All of us are on the same account. Not sure if I should be happy or upset considering some of the reviews.
If you interact with an SD card Lollipop is better at that as 3rd party apps can now write to the SD card. Otherwise, Kit Kat is fine, IMO.

🔊from the n.3 Monolith 🎧

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So over the weekend I was too curious, so I decided to see if I had the update...did a manual check, and lo and behold, there it was and I dl it. Didn't install, cause I wasn't sure I still wanted to. Kept getting those pesky reminders to update... Kept hitting later. Went out, had a few drinks and must have hit install, and well, I now how Lollipop! LOL

Was fearing the worst, but honestly aside from a few appearance changes, it seems to be running fine. Battery tad bit less on this, so will see as time tells.. Haven't cache wiped or reset or anything...does feel smoother...

It's just weird that it didn't auto update for me like so many of you....not complaining but strange.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
So over the weekend I was too curious, so I decided to see if I had the update...did a manual check, and lo and behold, there it was and I dl it. Didn't install, cause I wasn't sure I still wanted to. Kept getting those pesky reminders to update... Kept hitting later. Went out, had a few drinks and must have hit install, and well, I now how Lollipop! LOL

Was fearing the worst, but honestly aside from a few appearance changes, it seems to be running fine. Battery tad bit less on this, so will see as time tells.. Haven't cache wiped or reset or anything...does feel smoother...

It's just weird that it didn't auto update for me like so many of you....not complaining but strange.

Actually, I was a bit concerned about updating to lollipop and I was going to hold off. However, my phone updated automatically (AT&T) and I was pleasantly surprised. I've not had any issues at all and the battery life is as good, if not better, than Kit Kat. I did do a cache wipe, but did not do a reset. So far, so good.

pasg3

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 wouldn't update for me. I kept getting that check again in 24 hours message. After somehow destroying the camera lens cover on the back of the phone (no idea how it happened), I was sent a replacement phone. They sent a black one instead of white but that's fine. I was getting tired of the white color anyway. While setting up the replacement phone, I was prompted to update to Lollipop and did so. Since I had barely restored any apps, I did a factory reset after the update. Everything about the new phone and Lollipop has been fine and dandy. Battery life is much better than the old phone with Kit Kat. I couldn't be more pleased.

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I was a bit concerned about updating to lollipop and I was going to hold off. However, my phone updated automatically (AT&T) and I was pleasantly surprised. I've not had any issues at all and the battery life is as good, if not better, than Kit Kat. I did do a cache wipe, but did not do a reset. So far, so good.

I still may do,the cache wipe thingy...just because. Can't hurt...

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I too have been saying all along that I really am not sure I even want the update as my phone is running so smoothly on 4.4.4.....

Well, The update came to my phone Yesterday and I have been hitting "LATER" I know that others have said, that even when you keep deferring, eventually it will just automatically update. Urgh......I am just so happy with my phone the way it is right now....so just putting off the inevitable for as long as I can! I want to at least get my phone all backed up with Kies just in case........

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I too have been saying all along that I really am not sure I even want the update as my phone is running so smoothly on 4.4.4.....

Well, The update came to my phone Yesterday and I have been hitting "LATER" I know that others have said, that even when you keep deferring, eventually it will just automatically update. Urgh......I am just so happy with my phone the way it is right now....so just putting off the inevitable for as long as I can! I want to at least get my phone all backed up with Kies just in case........
Maybe that's what happened.. I hit later so many times it just decided enough and installed itself. Yeah that's it. Wasn't the drinks I had

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12