AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I too have been saying all along that I really am not sure I even want the update as my phone is running so smoothly on 4.4.4.....

Well, The update came to my phone Yesterday and I have been hitting "LATER" I know that others have said, that even when you keep deferring, eventually it will just automatically update. Urgh......I am just so happy with my phone the way it is right now....so just putting off the inevitable for as long as I can! I want to at least get my phone all backed up with Kies just in case........

Maybe that's what happened.. I hit later so many times it just decided enough and installed itself. Yeah that's it. Wasn't the drinks I had
LOL, ya, thats what happened! More drinks please............hope the update is treating you nicely??????

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
All 3 of my phones went to Lollipop without ANY issues. None. No poor battery life. No performance issues. Just the purity of perfection. AT&T did well and I'll not soon forget how they didn't bork my phones. Well done AT&T. Well done indeed.

📐He who controls the Spice controls the universe. The Spice must flow. n.Edge

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I keep my wifi turned off to help on battery, I saw this post and did a manual search for the update and it was there. After that I kept getting popups about downloading the update and I kept pressing remind me later. I decided to go ahead and download the update this morning when I got to work and as soon as I turned wifi on and it connected it started downloading the update without me selecting anything. So for those of you who keep your wifi on, that's probably why it automatically started downloading even though you told it to remind you a few times. I don't think it will do it over 4G so as soon as you enable wifi it's game on. It's been going for about 30 minutes and I'm at 34% of the download, I did remove my micro SD card prior to the download just to be sure nothing happens to the files on it. I'll probably go ahead and wipe the cache in recovery mode afterwards and reboot just to help ensure everything runs smoothly.

MotorCityinaBox

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone answer this?

I have 2 weather apps, accuweather and 1Weather and both show up on the lock screen. I have searched all over this phone to remove them from the lock screen but can't figure it out. They weren't there in kitkat. Thanks.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I cannot swipe down anywhere to get the notification menu to come down (apex launcher). I cannot get 4g enabler to work. Battery life is not as good. Crashes here and there. That's my experience.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone answer this?

I have 2 weather apps, accuweather and 1Weather and both show up on the lock screen. I have searched all over this phone to remove them from the lock screen but can't figure it out. They weren't there in kitkat. Thanks.

Funny you say this, I did my update this morning and was bugged by the weather on the lock screen as well. I have Weather & clock widget and it turns out the setting was within the app itself, not the phone settings. For me I launched the app, opened settings and it was called Show Temperature in Status Bar. So you will need to launch both accuweather and 1weather and check the settings and turn off temp in status bar/lock screen display or something along those lines. I thought this selection would have been in phone settings-device-lock screen-show information-weather and simply uncheck all the boxes but this did nothing.

MotorCityinaBox

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Funny you say this, I did my update this morning and was bugged by the weather on the lock screen as well. I have Weather & clock widget and it turns out the setting was within the app itself, not the phone settings. For me I launched the app, opened settings and it was called Show Temperature in Status Bar. So you will need to launch both accuweather and 1weather and check the settings and turn off temp in status bar/lock screen display or something along those lines. I thought this selection would have been in phone settings-device-lock screen-show information-weather and simply uncheck all the boxes but this did nothing.

Exactly what I thought I had to do and unless someone can specifically tell me where to turn them off they will be on my lock screen. Ugh. I searched in both apps and I can't find anything about the lock screen for them.

michael3214

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone answer this?

This should work for AccuWeather, go into phone settings---> LockScreen---> Show Information---> Weather---> Show Weather Information, unchecked "LockScreen and S View Cover". I'd reboot the phone after and it should disappear. The other weather app is probably in that apps settings as someone mentioned earlier.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Can you please elaborate on what issues you had that made you do a factory reset? Thanks!
Sure. Phone was very slow and laggy. S note and action memo were especially laggy. It would take action memo a good 5-10 seconds to open after clicking it on air command. I've since taken my time to reload apps and I am definitely keeping less apps on here now. Battery life is much improved, charging times are even faster and device is much more responsive. S note and action memo load much quicker, but I wish they were still quicker. Now action memo is between instant and 5 seconds to load. Usually the first time I use it during the day, it takes like 5 seconds to load. From then on its instant.

Does that help?

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Sure. Phone was very slow and laggy. S note and action memo were especially laggy. It would take action memo a good 5-10 seconds to open after clicking it on air command. I've since taken my time to reload apps and I am definitely keeping less apps on here now. Battery life is much improved, charging times are even faster and device is much more responsive. S note and action memo load much quicker, but I wish they were still quicker. Now action memo is between instant and 5 seconds to load. Usually the first time I use it during the day, it takes like 5 seconds to load. From then on its instant.

Does that help?
Yes, thank you. I was just interested in what issues the update gave you.

MotorCityinaBox

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
This should work for AccuWeather, go into phone settings---> LockScreen---> Show Information---> Weather---> Show Weather Information, unchecked "LockScreen and S View Cover". I'd reboot the phone after and it should disappear. The other weather app is probably in that apps settings as someone mentioned earlier.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks, but it was already unchecked. Argh. I'm going to have to play around with widget locker.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but it was already unchecked. Argh. I'm going to have to play around with widget locker.

WidgetLocker works great as an alternative lockscreen, provided that you only want a swipe to open.
It's very configuarable and allows you to have widgets and badge notifications on lockscreen.

Screenshot_2015-03-23-16-49-20_zpsf49bb5bb.jpg

Franklin Smitty

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Be glad you can't get the update. I have a note 4 running on AT&T and this has been the worst Android update I've ever experienced. Phone ran great on 4.4.4. After the Lollipop update:
Phone randomly calls people just for the hell of it....as in I can be playing a game and the game minimizes and calls a random contact
Phone is sluggish. At times it can take over 3-4 seconds for the home button to respond and close the active app
Icons keeps disappearing. The text will be there (i.e. outlook, gmail, phone) but the icon is completely missing.

Does anyone know of any fixes for any of the above issues?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21