Smart stay not working on galaxy note 4

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or is anyone else out there having trouble with smart stay? Yes, I wear glasses, but I wore glasses before and it worked just fine on my galaxy note 3. I do see the little eye come up but then it doesn't recognize my face I guess, and then the screen dims. It's really annoying. am I the only one having this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Been having this problem since I got it in October but never really got around to asking. Thanks for this thread, hopefully someone has a solution.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Been having this problem since I got it in October but never really got around to asking. Thanks for this thread, hopefully someone has a solution.

And just to be clear, I did now just experiment with taking my glasses off, and it does not make a difference. I almost have a feeling that it might be some other application interfering somehow. maybe my task killer or something? I don't know. maybe something that I turned off... But yes, I hope someone helps us figure it out because it's really annoying

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
In my experience this feature has NEVER worked. Just a gimmick

On my galaxy note 3, it actually worked very well for me. I don't think I ever noticed it to fail. I've been playing around with the note 4 tonight holding the phone at different angles to my face, and sometimes it does work. It works when I hold the phone up rather high, higher than I would normally hold it, where I am almost looking up at it, but still through my glasses. That makes it about useless for me, because that is such an unnatural position. It's almost like the front facing camera itself might be physically pointing slightly down more than it should be. I don't know. I sure don't want to try another phone to find out. it is such a pain to get them set up exactly how you want them.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't replicate this issue. My smart stay works just like it did on my Note 3. Are you perhaps using the phone in a dark area? Dumb question I know, but it goes without saying that smart stay needs a well-lit environment to work, for the camera to recognize your face. Easily overlooked sometimes.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't replicate this issue. My smart stay works just like it did on my Note 3. Are you perhaps using the phone in a dark area? Dumb question I know, but it goes without saying that smart stay needs a well-lit environment to work, for the camera to recognize your face. Easily overlooked sometimes.

Wow! I think you figured out my problem. I'm sitting here in a brightly lit room right now, and so I tried smart stay again and it is working! When I have noticed it not working, happens to be in the evening, in my bedroom when I like to read on it, and although there is a light on, it's not very bright in there to be sure. I think it must be a lighting issue, and I will easily be able to relocate the lamp to get it a little bit more behind me he's probably fix the problem. I can't believe it was something that simple! You are the best thank you very much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca