Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is it worth buying?

glow4cki

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying and I would like to know how to camera work. As the camera is good with other flagship phones?

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying and I would like to know how to camera work. As the camera is good with other flagship phones?

Best phone on the market today. The camera is outstanding. I have had mine since launch and have zero complaints. I think I have owned every phone available and the Note is definitely the best.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Best phone on the market today. The camera is outstanding. I have had mine since launch and have zero complaints. I think I have owned every phone available and the Note is definitely the best.

I totally agree with you. I've only had mine for a couple of days, but it's definitely the best phone I've owned since I've used smartphones.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

its better than iPhone 6 and trading blows with galaxy s6. so I would think the camera on note 4 is quite good.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Had the Note 4 for about 4 months, loved the camera. I swapped it for a Nexus 6 so I could experience stock lollipop, the only thing I miss is the camera. Despite the Nexus 6 having a great camera in HDR+ mode the Note 4 camera is better in every way.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I love my Note 4. The iPhone 6 Plus is the only other smartphone I have considered. If I'm going to have an Android smartphone, it's going to be this one.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody make Note 4 vs Lumia 1520? I would like to now how compare with pure view camera

I doubt anyone here is still using the Lumia 1520 because it came out two years ago. Just in looking at the specs, the Note 4 is faster, has a higher resolution display, a better graphics processor, and (according to the reviews) better battery life and takes better pictures. The Pure View camera was nice when it came out in 2013 but the Sony (IMX240 Exmor RS sensor) camera in the Note 4 is better even though it's lower in resolution (16MP vs 20MP). It offers more video shooting modes (4K being one of them) and has optical image stabilization. The Lumia has a 0.3" larger display but it's 1920X1080 whereas the 5.7" display of the Note 4 is 2560X1440. There's also the issues of carriers, at least in the U.S. at&t is the only one who carries the Lumia 1520 in the U.S. whereas the Note 4 is offered by all major carriers (T-Mobile, at&t, Verizon, Sprint). Lastly, the Lumia likely won't receive a Windows 10 upgrade from MS making Windows Phone 8.1 all that it will run while the Note 4 is receiving Android 5.0.1 now.

The Note 4 is still a beast when compared to other phones, even ones running the new Snapdragon 810 SoC. The new chip outperforms the Snapdragon 805 SoC in the Note 4 by marginal values, something that wouldn't translate to real world experience. Even the graphics in the 810 don't drastically outperform the 805, they are only a marginal upgrade. So the Note 4 is still very capable despite running older hardware. It has the best display on the market (well, I say second best buy only to the Note Edge), supports quick charging, the stylus is still unbeatable when it comes to smartphones, the battery life is great, and it has the best camera of any Android smartphone. The S6 and S6 Edge will be using the same camera as the Note 4 so even they won't be an improvement.

In my experience, the only camera that slightly nudges out the Note 4's, in some areas, is the one in the iPhone 6 Plus. That still seems to take better night time shots (without a flash) and it offers more video recording options, mainly 720p 240fps super slow motion (the Note 4 is "stuck" with 720p 120fps slow motion). In my opinion, pictures from the Note 4 in well-lit conditions and even low-light condition offer more detail especially when you're cropping them and 4K video shooting is nice to have especially when down-scaling to 1080p because you can better frame your shots in editing software.