Note 4 Lollipop Deleted SD Card

frankjrod

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Well I updated to Lollipop this a.m. on AT&T & I'm pretty frustrated with one if the many problems. My SD card was wiped clean. Is this supposed to happen? If so, why the hell wasn't it cautioned? Smh

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
You are always advised to remove/back up SD cards before running any updates.

Having said that, I have never had a card wiped running an update.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Good to know. But how is that possible.
Have you tried the sd card on your computer? Maybe you can use a program to find some old data.
Normally i always make a copy of my sd card.

frankjrod

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had removed the card. I put it back after the update. I did screw up by not making a backup copy of contents :/
The good news is all my photos/vids are in Google pictures cloud.

frankjrod

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Well there may be some hope. When I ck the storage, it reads that my 64G SD card has 3.94G of space left. That is what it read before the Lollipop update. Hopefully that means all my info is there & my ph is the problem. I was going to have it replaced tday bc of all the issues I've been experiencing. We'll see.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Didn't remove my card but after the update it wouldn't stop rebooting if the card was in the phone. Tried new cards and that didn't work. Had to do a warranty replacement.

Posted from my Phat *** Note 4!

frankjrod

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I had to get on the line with warranty dept. My replacement is enough route. It's such a pain reconfiguring your ph all over again, but oh well.

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well i have the note 3 and i can honestly say that it Lollipop update) wiped mine. My pc cant read it. I put it in my old s4, its asking for me to reformat. Im going to try it in my wife's note 4 and see if i can pull my pics off of it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I did not remove the SD card for the Lollipop update and luckily there were no problems. I did remove it though for the factory reset

Gearheadaddy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I had removed the card. I put it back after the update. I did screw up by not making a backup copy of contents :/
The good news is all my photos/vids are in Google pictures cloud.

Did you "eject sd card safely" before pulling card?

Posted via the Verizon Note 4