After the 5.0.1 update my heartbeat sensor (red LED) comes on when anything touches it and it stays on. I can't put it in my pocket because if material touches the sensor it comes on. I can't lay it face down now because if it is back down it comes on and stays on. Just laying a plain piece of white paper on the back turns it on. This is a big problem. I have to walk around with my phone in my hand or have it laying face down to keep the bright red sensor off.
    I have seen people with the same issue on other forums. I've used some of their suggestions and some of my own. This is what I have done so far but it has not solved the problem. I still can't put my phone in my pocket or lay it with the back down.
    • Wiped the phones cached partition
    • restarted phone several times
    • removed battery for about 15 minutes
    • cleared data and cache from Shealth App
    • disabled Shealth app

It seems like starting SHealth and taking your heartbeat stops it for a short time but the problem comes back quickly wether SHealth is running in the background or not.
    It seems intermittent. My phone is face down and if I put something over the sensor it may come on and it may not but if I put my finger on there and slide it around for 3 seconds it will come on when something touches it again.
    I've used a stop watch and usually it will go off in about 60 seconds but then comes right back on. I used to have such great battery life and now this is killing it.

I can put up with some issues but I can't live with this. It seems pretty serious and is a big battery drain.
    03-25-2015 02:24 PM
    The problem is Google Fit. It's a known issue with the HR Sensor (I thought it was only for the S5, but it seems it affects the Note 4 as well). Just uninstall or disable Google Fit and voila! No more issue.
    03-25-2015 02:38 PM
    Thank you very much. I gave this information out on two other forums as well. This was a big help!
    03-25-2015 04:47 PM
    03-25-2015 06:55 PM