03-27-2015 07:55 PM
37 12
tools
    24 hrs with lollipop and this is what im getting? (Battery life issues)-uploadfromtaptalk1427429843853.jpg24 hrs with lollipop and this is what im getting? (Battery life issues)-uploadfromtaptalk1427429856884.jpg24 hrs with lollipop and this is what im getting? (Battery life issues)-uploadfromtaptalk1427429872510.jpg

Sent from my Awesome Note Quatro
    03-27-2015 12:18 AM
    Cell standby > time on thats actually when i took it off the charger yesturday and early this morning i put it on the charger again for 5 mins i had an unexpected drain 3 hours of screen on time. I could still get atleast 4 more hours out of the battery if i tried that would be a total of 23-25 hrs on one charge Giving where i was 48hrs ago this is a positive turn around. Android system is still too high its still climbing when i look at my stats

03-27-2015 12:24 AM
    Thats exactly what I did. However even after the reset my battery life still was sub par. Went thru and disabled all the bloatware I forgot about (SVoice and SHealth). Noticed an immediate improvement and my Note is smoother than ever. The annoying lag in the Recent Apps is all but gone and on and on!

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-27-2015 09:02 AM
    It seems to be a trend now whenever a new update comes out it messes a lot of stuff up. I have come to terms with this and do a factory reset every time an update comes out. I an running a custom Stock ROM on my Note 4 so I reset every couple of months or so.
    03-27-2015 09:15 AM
    It seems to be a trend now whenever a new update comes out it messes a lot of stuff up. I have come to terms with this and do a factory reset every time an update comes out. I an running a custom Stock ROM on my Note 4 so I reset every couple of months or so.
    After so many times doesnt that become redundant though?

03-27-2015 09:17 AM
    At least do a cache wiping after big update.

Turn off data when not in use.
    03-27-2015 10:00 AM
    After so many times doesnt that become redundant though?

I have everything in the cloud and my apps automatically download. I use Nova Launcher Prime so after all the apps are done downloading i just hit restore from backup and my phone is back to they way it was. I have done it so many times it doesn't bother me anymore. I rather my phone run at top speed out the gate. If you think about it, you could have done a factory reset and saved a ton of hours vs trying to troubleshoot. I do IT work and 9 times out of 10 a re-image is faster than troubleshooting.
    03-27-2015 10:51 AM
    I have everything in the cloud and my apps automatically download. I use Nova Launcher Prime so after all the apps are done downloading i just hit restore from backup and my phone is back to they way it was. I have done it so many times it doesn't bother me anymore. I rather my phone run at top speed out the gate. If you think about it, you could have done a factory reset and saved a ton of hours vs trying to troubleshoot. I do IT work and 9 times out of 10 a re-image is faster than troubleshooting.
    I did that with this reset worked like a charm

03-27-2015 02:24 PM
    you know something, the phone was hot while it was downloading the update, and for a few days after it kept getting hot once I used it for more than 5 minutes, and the ram would never go below 2.2 and the battery was draining fast. I was hoping to hang on and see if in a few days things would stabilize, but no such luck. So I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset. NOW i have the best phone i ever owned, the phone is cool at all times, and the Ram gets as low as 1.8 and now my battery is lasting more than it did with KitKat.

This is my experience, just to give you an idea.
    Did it take a couple of days after the reset to settle in? I did a master reset yesterday because of battery life and it still isn't great.
    03-27-2015 02:32 PM
    Just like flashing a new ROM, updating to a new version of android - you will need to let it settle in. Come back when you have used the phone with the new update after a week, and your phone will be back to "normal"

Go into settings - application manager - select google play services and clear cache and data, then select google play and do the same. Then reboot... this will also eliminate rouge processes.
    03-27-2015 02:34 PM
    Did it take a couple of days after the reset to settle in? I did a master reset yesterday because of battery life and it still isn't great.
    I think on mine it took a day to settle also. One thing that I noticed was heating up my phone was Tasker. I love that app, but I learned to live with out it. I do use an app called Trigger now which is not as intrusive as Tasker (by no means am I bad mouthing Tasker, it certainly made my life easier, but since I am not rooting my Note 4 and thus not using it to its full potential, I uninstalled it).
    03-27-2015 04:49 PM
    i just finished my update and now my fast charging isn't working, not trying to thread jack but figured it was relevant, also seeing terrible battery life as well. would a re-set fix this maybe?
    \

I lost my fast charge in the car too. If you do a reset and it restores car fast charge please post about it.

Last thing I want to do is a factory reset because it takes me a couple of hours but if that's the only way to get car fast charge back and improve the battery life that's what I'll have to do. After reading this thread I'll wait a week to see if the battery life improves. I also re-enabled Juice Defender which apparently Lollipop disabled and according to the Juice Defender logs isn't very compatible with Lollipop anyway.

I'm actually seeing considerably more lag w/ Lollipop. With Kit Kat I didn't notice lag, not saying there wasn't some, just that I didn't notice it.

So for me so far between battery life, lag & no car fast charging Lollipop is a total fail. I don't like being forced to do a factory reset either when I had a phone that worked completely to my satisfaction w/ Kit Kat.
    03-27-2015 07:55 PM
37 12