24 hrs with lollipop and this is what im getting? (Battery life issues)

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This really sucks i was expecting this constant drain to be less of an issue with 5.0 and it obviously isnt. I've had this drain on every Samsung device I've owned since the S3. Seems like google isnt really ironing out drainage issues with every OS version. I do recall Sandar Pachi speaking about project volta with Android 5.0 what happened to that google!? More goggle IO fluff (rant) over. Anyone else experiencing this im all ears here. uploadfromtaptalk1427309295815.jpg

Sent from my Awesome GN 4 using Tapatalk

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: 24 hrs with lollipop and this is what im getting?

It takes a few days to settle after installing lollipop. Let's hope for your sake at least.

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the wonderful world of upgrading android .. !

Sent from my Nexus 6

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

hope for my freakin sanity is more like it LOL 3220 Mah battery got turned into a 2400 Mah battery with that drain.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I am not experiencing "drain issues" with my Note 4, and my S4 was OK until the battery started degrading.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

This really sucks i was expecting this constant drain to be less of an issue with 5.0 and it obviously isnt. I've had this drain on every Samsung device I've owned since the S3. Seems like google isnt really ironing out drainage issues with every OS version. I do recall Sandar Pachi speaking about project volta with Android 5.0 what happened to that google!? More goggle IO fluff (rant) over. Anyone else experiencing this im all ears here. View attachment 168081

you know something, the phone was hot while it was downloading the update, and for a few days after it kept getting hot once I used it for more than 5 minutes, and the ram would never go below 2.2 and the battery was draining fast. I was hoping to hang on and see if in a few days things would stabilize, but no such luck. So I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset. NOW i have the best phone i ever owned, the phone is cool at all times, and the Ram gets as low as 1.8 and now my battery is lasting more than it did with KitKat.

This is my experience, just to give you an idea.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

you know something, the phone was hot while it was downloading the update, and for a few days after it kept getting hot once I used it for more than 5 minutes, and the ram would never go below 2.2 and the battery was draining fast. I was hoping to hang on and see if in a few days things would stabilize, but no such luck. So I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset. NOW i have the best phone i ever owned, the phone is cool at all times, and the Ram gets as low as 1.8 and I now my battery is lasting more than it did with KitKat.
If this persist the next few days i might do that and see what happens.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I understand. The constant among all of your devices is you. Have you taken time to review your setup?

We get a ton of " terrible battery life" threads in here, and many of them turn out to be unrelated to the device.

Not saying that is your situation, but it is certainly something that needs to be asked given the history of these type of threads.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

I had this issue after my Moto X updated to Lollipop. Google / system services essentially doubled the usage and killed the battery. After several weeks of trying a number of fixes, I did a factory reset and that fixed the issue. It's a pain but if you aren't able to fix it other ways, try that. Kit Kat to Lollipop is a huge update / change, so it's not unusual you might need a re-set.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I understand. The constant among all of your devices is you. Have you taken time to review your setup?

We get a ton of " terrible battery life" threads in here, and many of them turn out to be unrelated to the device.

Not saying that is your situation, but it is certainly something that needs to be asked given the history of these type of threads.
I totally get how some can have the tendency to cry wolf when it comes to battery life. As far as my setup goes i didnt make any major changes after the update. I lost widget compatibility with a mobile data toggle I was using on 4.4 that was it. Speaking of which i wish i still had that function lol but nothing app wise plays well with 5.0.1 yet.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

And then there's other terrible battery life threads where there is a real problem and everyone suggests turning off your phone to make the battery last longer. We had 4 or 5 threads about 3 months ago where everyone said download an app that will do nothing that the battery stats don't already do. I changed nothing in my set up and went from 6 hours of screen on time to about 3.5. No new apps, no settings changed, tried a factory reset, cleared cache multiple times, multiple reboots, and still google play services, and android system would be at the top of my chart.

I do agree that many of the threads about poor battery end up being a waste. But we can't just chalk everyone's complaint up to what we've seen in the past.

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I cleared the cache after the the update and have no problems so far. I took my phone of the charger last night at 10 pm. Now I'm sitting 57% with 2.5 hrs screen on time.

tam4511

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
i just finished my update and now my fast charging isn't working, not trying to thread jack but figured it was relevant, also seeing terrible battery life as well. would a re-set fix this maybe?

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
i just finished my update and now my fast charging isn't working, not trying to thread jack but figured it was relevant, also seeing terrible battery life as well. would a re-set fix this maybe?
Do you have your advanced charging checked in the battery settings?

Sent from my Nexus 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888