Can I get some help with this androidcube.mobi issue on my Note 4?

Marti Garren

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
androidcube.mobi and pop up ads on Note 4. Help appreciated

Can someone help with the androidcube.mobi issue? It used to be only in the morning the screen would pop up but now it is 3-4 times a day. I also have a screen pop up that says "Free Gift click here" but I dont click so it just does it for me. UGH. Then it takes me to Clash of Clans to install or to Candy Crush to install. I have a Samsung Note 4 and its only 2 months old. I have yelled from the rooftops about the awesomeness of this phone and I loved it. But now these things keep popping up really often. You grab your phone to catch a picture of your child and then Wham you have to mess with all this nonsense, so by then the moment to catch the perfect photo is gone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: androidcube.mobi and pop up ads on Note 4. Help appreciated

You must have installed an app that pushes ads to your phone. You can use any 'ad network detector' app from the Play store to figure out which one and decide if you want to keep it or uninstall it. I personally like the one by Lookout. That should tell you which apps are pushing ads (and what kind) to your phone.

Marti Garren

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

I have done this several times. It tells me all apps are safe. I have used Look out, AppBrain detector and TrustGo Ad detector. Nothing was found

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you go to your Application Manager, do you see anything related to AndroidCube? If so, can you uninstall it from there?

Stopbeing Nosey

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I've been having the same issue for a few weeks now. I tried Malwarebytes, AvG, add network blocker, and looked for it in my app manager. Is there a way to do an overall search throughout my whole phone like you used to be able to do with a note 3 in the task manager? I haven't had this note 4 for very long so I don't really know how to find that kind of stuff yet. Thanks.
T.

Posted via the Android Central App

Marti Garren

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

Nothing that says that. I have taken many many apps off my phone hoping I would find the one that brought it. All I have left is facebook, instagram, pinterest and kindle. Surely those are ok. I just was sitting here typing with my phone right beside me and a call that said "unknown caller" popped up. While it was ringing the "just for you gift" announcement popped up and connected me to Game of Thrones. So frustrating

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm afraid that if we can't find where the app is coming from you'd need to do a factory reset. From what I've read about the people with this issue, that seems to be the only thing that helps :(

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

Try Air Push Detector. It has been highly recommended in the past.
Good Luck!
Ron