07-11-2017 03:10 AM
284 ... 9101112
tools
    I use Google messenger.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2015 11:16 AM
    Wondering the same thing. Put off updating for this reason, then hubby decided to be 'helpful"...bless his heart. The orange is harsh on my eyesight. Plus, I dislike change that is not my choosing. LOL
    08-24-2015 07:28 AM
    I don't like the orange, but I don't stare at my text app enough to bother me. Now if it was my homescreen, that would be different. You do get used to it. I don't like that the notification doesn't happen if you leave the convo open and they reply again. I do that a lot when I'm expecting an answer back. I leave the convo open, lay down my phone and go do something else. There is no notification if I do that.
    08-24-2015 10:33 AM
    I just got the phone and I saw no other suggestions on how to change it but I already got rid of the ugly orange by downloading a new theme. They have a bunch in the theme store to pick from.

Simply find a blank space on one of your main pages and hold down until you get options for wallpapers, widgets, themes, and screen grid.

Select Themes. They have 3 defaults or you can go to the store and pic from a much larger pool. I did this and now I have a green and gray theme that carried over to my messenger.

Hopefully this helps. I have only had the phone for a day and I could not take screen shots as I am at work.
    tismydroid likes this.
    08-24-2015 01:16 PM
    I just got the phone and I saw no other suggestions on how to change it but I already got rid of the ugly orange by downloading a new theme. They have a bunch in the theme store to pick from.

Simply find a blank space on one of your main pages and hold down until you get options for wallpapers, widgets, themes, and screen grid.

Select Themes. They have 3 defaults or you can go to the store and pic from a much larger pool. I did this and now I have a green and gray theme that carried over to my messenger.

Hopefully this helps. I have only had the phone for a day and I could not take screen shots as I am at work.
    That doesn't come up on the note 4
    08-24-2015 01:27 PM

Note 4 doesn't have themes.
    08-24-2015 01:43 PM
    Okay, so I've tried just about every messaging app I could think of and it's really driving me crazy. I hate the stock messaging app. I'm sick of the icon, I'm sick of the colors, I'm sick of the way it looks.

Are there any known messaging/text apps that have badge notifications and a widget? It seems like my favorite so far is Google Messenger, but since it doesn't have badge notifications, I won't ever notice the texts. I don't pay any attention to the notification pulldown. I don't like third party launchers either. There must be a nice messaging app that has the badge notifications AND the widget.

I got nothing.
    Ramsey Brown likes this.
    09-30-2015 12:32 PM
    Okay, so I've tried just about every messaging app I could think of and it's really driving me crazy. I hate the stock messaging app. I'm sick of the icon, I'm sick of the colors, I'm sick of the way it looks.

Are there any known messaging/text apps that have badge notifications and a widget? It seems like my favorite so far is Google Messenger, but since it doesn't have badge notifications, I won't ever notice the texts. I don't pay any attention to the notification pulldown. I don't like third party launchers either. There must be a nice messaging app that has the badge notifications AND the widget.

I got nothing.
    Verizon Message. It is in the Play Store, it is free and you don't have to be on Verizon to use it and it is completely customizable.
    Bbeelzebub likes this.
    09-30-2015 02:23 PM
    Tried it.

No widget to show text conversations.
    09-30-2015 03:37 PM
    Tried it.

No widget to show text conversations.
    Sorry, kissed the widget request.
    09-30-2015 03:54 PM
    I wonder if google made it that ugly, penetrating color to force people to start using their new messaging app, which would be ok if you could change the text bubbles, haha.
    10-06-2015 10:59 PM
    *deleted*
    10-07-2015 07:53 AM
    Got rid of orange color Go into settings; accessibility; vision; check Screen color adjustment and screen color filter ....hey better then orange
    10-16-2015 11:31 AM
    Dual sim text app please .... textra - no dual sim, chomp sms - supported but so messed up with dual sim, messenger (google) -same case with chomp, GOsms - I need simple text app, not christmas tree -_____-

Any suggestion pls ?

Posted via the Android Central App #Galnote5
    10-16-2015 12:16 PM
    I just switched to Hangouts until the orange can be changed.
    11-28-2015 09:18 PM
    Use textra
    Too Many ads in Textra. Was using it for ages, then it was ruined with ads.

11-29-2015 07:24 AM
    Umm.. nopes.. sorry

11-29-2015 02:03 PM
    I can't believe anyone would use a Verizon app, especially their messenger app, that was disabled immediately.
    11-30-2015 01:22 PM
    Hello for all of my note 5 users , its simple, You have to change the theme, you can pick a theme from the samsung theme store. If your not sure where to find that go to settings and look under personal and click theme and choose from there
    01-27-2016 09:40 PM
    Hello for all of my note 5 users , its simple, You have to change the theme, you can pick a theme from the samsung theme store. If your not sure where to find that go to settings and look under personal and click theme and choose from there
    This is a not 4 forum. Not note 5

01-28-2016 07:41 AM
    I would prefer teal the orange is hideous and im pissed they made it where we cant change it... My ladt phone i could customize background color chat bubbles everything... Now it wont let me change ANYTHING 👿... Plz someone tell me how to change this i have an lg tribute 2 and ive been looking all over the internet with no luck.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    02-28-2016 11:03 AM
    I don't like the orange but I can at least live with it. It's the mustardy-green color for contacts in both "messages" and "contacts" that I'm literally sick over.Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?-material-design-match.png
    03-11-2016 12:59 AM
    If you go under settings, then accessibility, direct access and turn it on, then check invert colors, it will turn it out a groovy blue!!! Just hit the home key three times. It will change everything tho but poof, the ugly orange is gone! It's like your phone switched to the dark side. There is a video on YouTube that shows you how. Hope this helps!
    03-20-2016 09:39 AM
    You can just change the main theme for the phone. I downloaded one called 'My Way' and it changed all the Orange to Teal.
    03-27-2016 05:31 PM
    You can just change the main theme for the phone. I downloaded one called 'My Way' and it changed all the Orange to Teal.
    Are you referring to an app or something? Note 4s don't have themes

03-27-2016 05:36 PM
284 ... 9101112