07-11-2017 03:10 AM
284 ... 56789 ...
tools
    After I d/l lollipop, I was so happy to see the color orange was the messaging app's color. I love it!
    05-13-2015 08:35 PM
    After I d/l lollipop, I was so happy to see the color orange was the messaging app's color. I love it!
    Well you are for sure in the minority lol

It reminds me of that old day glo orange fingernail polish.
    05-14-2015 07:06 AM
    I hate it too. Those of us with Migraine Disease are very sensitive to colors. After working with the Lollipop colors for a while I got hit with a particularly nasty Migraine. The orange is very offensive, and the blue or green are a close second. Definite triggers for me. Not allowing customization is just too much Apple-ish for my taste. I purchased Textra for messaging, but still have to find a new keyboard app because the white keyboard is killing me. I truly hope the developers are paying attention.
    05-15-2015 12:54 PM
    I hate it too. Those of us with Migraine Disease are very sensitive to colors. After working with the Lollipop colors for a while I got hit with a particularly nasty Migraine. The orange is very offensive, and the blue or green are a close second. Definite triggers for me. Not allowing customization is just too much Apple-ish for my taste. I purchased Textra for messaging, but still have to find a new keyboard app because the white keyboard is killing me. I truly hope the developers are paying attention.
    Open the default texting app, menu button, settings, display.

You should be able to change them there.
    05-16-2015 01:38 AM
    Open the default texting app, menu button, settings, display.

You should be able to change them there.
    You can not change this orange bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?-1431769754933.jpg  
    DaisyMay2826 likes this.
    05-16-2015 04:49 AM
    Verizon S4. I'm slowly getting past the orange but the overall lack of contrast and the decreased font size, especially on notifications, is killing my old eyes. Even my teen daughter (who hasn't updated yet) said, "Ooohh..." when I showed her how small the font is on the notification preview - that second line of text below the sender's name.

I'm running large font size everywhere possible (huge is too much) but still find myself squinting at the screen way too often. And the material light keyboard in bright light? Useless.

I've tried every texting app there is over the years, but have always stuck with stock for the volume-button-zoom feature. Comes in very handy when I'm without my cheaters. None of the third-party apps have supported that in the past.

Very irritated at the lack of customization for the underlying theme. That's why I Android in the first place.
    DaisyMay2826 likes this.
    05-16-2015 10:35 AM
    Jay Santos1,

I had already tried what you suggest, spending way too much time on it. Hence, the Migraine. The options are just not there. Forcing people to stay with a particular color scheme is not why I chose Android. I chose Android because I detest anything with an "i" in front of it, and the micro-managing that Apple does on everything. So, I added another keyboard app, but had to pay for Textra because I had been using the free one, and loved it for messaging, but the free one now has ads. And it is fully customize-able. There are thousands of people with visual issues that just cannot tolerate certain colors. I am thankful for Android being open-source, and am allowed to add apps to make things easier, but they crossed a line with this update, and I hope our voices will be heard.
    05-16-2015 11:37 AM
    I don't get migraines, I just know good design and this isn't it. My messages app is bright orange!?. Lollipop looks like a child's room with no exit. I've never actually seen a company try to rid themselves of customers with color scheme alone. Amazing! If they could just remember that their strength is giving the customer choices they might have at least lessened the damage this will cause in the long run.
    05-16-2015 01:52 PM
    Jay Santos1,

I had already tried what you suggest, spending way too much time on it. Hence, the Migraine. The options are just not there. Forcing people to stay with a particular color scheme is not why I chose Android. I chose Android because I detest anything with an "i" in front of it, and the micro-managing that Apple does on everything. So, I added another keyboard app, but had to pay for Textra because I had been using the free one, and loved it for messaging, but the free one now has ads. And it is fully customize-able. There are thousands people with visual issues that just cannot tolerate certain colors. I am thankful for Android being open-source, and am allowed to add apps to make things easier, but they crossed a line with this update, and I hope our voices will be heard.
    About what is your brightness on?

I don't look at my messaging enough to get migraines and I've had migraines since I was two years old.

I have an overhead light on and a lamp by the chair and this is what mine is on and I can see it just fine. Keeping your brightness low helps a lot and is great for your battery.
    Attached Thumbnails Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?-1431905913205.jpg  
    05-17-2015 06:38 PM
    I have an LG G2, so maybe it won't work the same, but I also couldn't stand the new color and found my way to this forum. I may have found a solution, so I came back to hopefully give some reprieve to everyone's rods and cones... Try going to Settings>Accessibility>Color Adjustment. From there, you are supposed to slide your finger to change the contrast. I have not figured out how to get exactly the colors I want, BUT I do know that just by playing around with it, I have gotten rid of the hideous orange! Let me know if it works for you!
    LOL omg yes I got my messaging to an awesome color but everything else is hideodorous... but this is the first actual answer that has helped so I'll keep trying THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    05-20-2015 10:54 AM
    After a lot of research and painstaking problem solving I have resolved this entire color scheme in a few simple steps:

Step 1: Backup your device entirely.
    Step 2: Reset your device. Note caution this will wipe all personal data.
    Step 3: Throw your phone out a moving vehicle as hard as possible!
    Step 4: File a claim with your insurance. You should receive your new phone in no time.
    Step 5: Avoid further updates

Through these simple steps you may finally find peace of mind. ;-)
    05-21-2015 09:08 AM
    See, if chrome let's websites do it, then shouldn't features like Messaging be able to?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?-screenshot_2015-05-21-15-23-41.jpg  
    05-21-2015 09:25 AM
    Which are the best messaging apps, can someone please tell me. I just switched from iphone to my first Android, Note 4. Can u guys tell me the fun things O can do with this phone. I hope not to get bored like I did with apple.
    06-02-2015 12:45 PM
    Glad I found this thread and that I'm not alone in hating the orange, lol. #firstworldproblems
    06-05-2015 12:27 PM
    It appears Orange is the New Black.
    LOL!
    06-05-2015 12:34 PM
    Which are the best messaging apps, can someone please tell me. I just switched from iphone to my first Android, Note 4. Can u guys tell me the fun things O can do with this phone. I hope not to get bored like I did with apple.
    Glad I found this thread and that I'm not alone in hating the orange, lol. #firstworldproblems
    I've switched to Message + by Verizon. I have AT&T service and this app works.

It is free, has a lot of features, you can change the color of the bar and you get the notification sound played when you have the convo open.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ssaging.vzmsgs
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    06-05-2015 12:37 PM
    chompSMS... problem solved
    06-05-2015 01:11 PM

It is free, has a lot of features, you can change the color of the bar and you get the notification sound played when you have the convo open.

I've been wondering if that would work on my att phone. Might go ahead and try it then.
    06-05-2015 01:25 PM
    I've been wondering if that would work on my att phone. Might go ahead and try it then.
    Works well. My message app is pink colors, which I prefer over any color especially orange lol

Also I leave the convo open a lot and out my phone down. I'm glad to get the notification back again when the convo is open.
    06-05-2015 01:25 PM
    Works well. My message app is pink colors, which I prefer over any color especially orange lol

Also I leave the convo open a lot and out my phone down. I'm glad to get the notification back again when the convo is open.
    How is it with group messaging and mms? I stopped using gosms because of an issue with sending mms.
    06-05-2015 01:31 PM
    How is it with group messaging and mms? I stopped using gosms because of an issue with sending mms.
    It does great with both. With group messaging you can choose for them to reply to only you or the group.
    barrelman17 and sweetypie31 like this.
    06-05-2015 01:38 PM
    It does great with both. With group messaging you can choose for them to reply to only you or the group.
    OK. Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    06-05-2015 01:44 PM
    So far so good. Thanks again.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    06-05-2015 02:18 PM
    So far so good. Thanks again.
    I didn't like the orange, I could live with it. I wasn't willing to pay for an app to get rid of it and didn't want any ads, etc on my messaging app. My preference was to be able to get rid of the orange, but I didn't have the extreme hate that many did because I didn't look at it that long.
    06-05-2015 02:20 PM

Thanks Kelly!
    Kelly Kearns and tismydroid like this.
    06-05-2015 02:45 PM
284 ... 56789 ...