Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?

May 21, 2015
Visit site
After a lot of research and painstaking problem solving I have resolved this entire color scheme in a few simple steps:

Step 1: Backup your device entirely.
Step 2: Reset your device. Note caution this will wipe all personal data.
Step 3: Throw your phone out a moving vehicle as hard as possible!
Step 4: File a claim with your insurance. You should receive your new phone in no time.
Step 5: Avoid further updates

Through these simple steps you may finally find peace of mind. ;-)

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
See, if chrome let's websites do it, then shouldn't features like Messaging be able to?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-21-15-23-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-21-15-23-41.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 117

mimi2005

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Which are the best messaging apps, can someone please tell me. I just switched from iphone to my first Android, Note 4. Can u guys tell me the fun things O can do with this phone. I hope not to get bored like I did with apple.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Which are the best messaging apps, can someone please tell me. I just switched from iphone to my first Android, Note 4. Can u guys tell me the fun things O can do with this phone. I hope not to get bored like I did with apple.

Glad I found this thread and that I'm not alone in hating the orange, lol. #firstworldproblems

I've switched to Message + by Verizon. I have AT&T service and this app works.

It is free, has a lot of features, you can change the color of the bar and you get the notification sound played when you have the convo open.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.verizon.messaging.vzmsgs&token=gJSp5a3A

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering if that would work on my att phone. Might go ahead and try it then.
Works well. My message app is pink colors, which I prefer over any color especially orange lol

Also I leave the convo open a lot and out my phone down. I'm glad to get the notification back again when the convo is open.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Works well. My message app is pink colors, which I prefer over any color especially orange lol

Also I leave the convo open a lot and out my phone down. I'm glad to get the notification back again when the convo is open.

How is it with group messaging and mms? I stopped using gosms because of an issue with sending mms.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. Thanks again.
I didn't like the orange, I could live with it. I wasn't willing to pay for an app to get rid of it and didn't want any ads, etc on my messaging app. My preference was to be able to get rid of the orange, but I didn't have the extreme hate that many did because I didn't look at it that long.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the orange, I could live with it. I wasn't willing to pay for an app to get rid of it and didn't want any ads, etc on my messaging app. My preference was to be able to get rid of the orange, but I didn't have the extreme hate that many did because I didn't look at it that long.

Same here. Orange is ugly, but I was going to deal with it because gosms was giving me issues. I missed being able to customize, but all the other apps seemed to always be missing something that I wanted. The stock app did what I needed despite the orange. Lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Orange is ugly, but I was going to deal with it because gosms was giving me issues. I missed being able to customize, but all the other apps seemed to always be missing something that I wanted. The stock app did what I needed despite the orange. Lol

And this one seems to bring more than the Samsung app. It brings back notifications while the convo is open and the extra of choosing your colors.

I also like the fact you can click more and then click on links or photos and videos and all of those, sent or received, will show up. It seems to be a good app and I'm surprised it works on any carrier.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
And this one seems to bring more than the Samsung app. It brings back notifications while the convo is open and the extra of choosing your colors.

I also like the fact you can click more and then click on links or photos and videos and all of those, sent or received, will show up. It seems to be a good app and I'm surprised it works on any carrier.

It also works great on my wi-fi-only Galaxy Tab S 10.5 tablet.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I've switched to Message + by Verizon. I have AT&T service and this app works.

It is free, has a lot of features, you can change the color of the bar and you get the notification sound played when you have the convo open.
What I like about the VzW Messages is that one can "customize" the colors they prefer. On mine, the background changes colors through out the day, kinda sorta like from sunrise to sunset and into evening's darkness.

jredfox

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problems that you mentioned. The battery is failing all of the time, where it used to be good for about 2-3 days. Also the wireless seems to drop or not connect at all. All very weird "upgrades". I am not so tech savvy as others, however I came across this post on craigs list. (you can do a search on Craig's List Boston for "lollipop" or just send me a private message) I paid this person $30. I am back to KitKat and couldn't be happier. I was going crazy with Lollipop. She was awesome at downgrading Lollipop to KitKat for me. Hope this helps you guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7