Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
What I like about the VzW Messages is that one can "customize" the colors they prefer. On mine, the background changes colors through out the day, kinda sorta like from sunrise to sunset and into evening's darkness.
To illustrate what I mean, here two (2) screen shots of VzW Messages changing backgrounds:

95goU2Gl.jpg
NdA5Qaul.png

The Left is this late afternoon/early evening shot as indicated by the time stamp and the Right is from last night.

It is sunny and bright outside my window at this moment here in the PNW.

troi

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
You don't. Unless there us a third part app, you are stuck with hard to read "baby **** orange" and a faint cursor, along with a number of other offensive visual and interface changes. I spent 40 min. with tech support only to find that every change that removed the features I like best is not undoable. My solution was to call apple.

troi

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I hoped so, too. But, alas, they are not only serious but proud if themselves. I t makes me sick enough I don't want to use my phone.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Everyone switching to iPhones - make my life a living hell by sending me your Note 4s so I have to look a the orange on more than one screen at a time. I'll even post a funny picture of myself screaming at all the orange if I get three or more of them.

:p :p :p

To date, I have not received a single Note 4. No funny pictures for you! :p :)

Susan Shalla

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It took me a long time to figure out how to change the orange color on text messages.....but I found out accidently and it's really very easy. Change your "theme" both on lock and home screen. It will then display the theme on the messages. Then if you want to change the theme on the lock and home screen, change it. The message will remain the same until you go through changing both screens at the same time. Hope this helps!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It took me a long time to figure out how to change the orange color on text messages.....but I found out accidently and it's really very easy. Change your "theme" both on lock and home screen. It will then display the theme on the messages. Then if you want to change the theme on the lock and home screen, change it. The message will remain the same until you go through changing both screens at the same time. Hope this helps!

What theme?

adobepro

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Susan, the touchwiz "Theme" option is only available on the SG6, not the Note 4. Please confirm which phone you did this with.

HThomas2

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't get rid of the orange at the top, it only changes the background. I hate the orange too! Thinking of trying Textra just to get rid of it.

Susan Shalla

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the Samsung S6 Edge. I also am using Dodol as my launcher, which gives me really neat wallpapers/themes. I changed the theme through the phone's settings, not through the launcher.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't get rid of the orange at the top, it only changes the background. I hate the orange too! Thinking of trying Textra just to get rid of it.

You should try the Verizon Message Plus, it works on non-Verizon, is free and has lots of features and total customization.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon app also has a notification for any new messages that come in when the convo is still open. That is something Note 4 users have wanted back.

Char S

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Just got my update to Lollipop. Anyone know if there's a way to change this horrible orange on the message app?

I found the answer. It isn't great but gets rid of the orange.
The Touchwiz Lollipop skin has a limited number of color schemes available to use that can be accessed through Developer Options. I am not entirely sure what the purpose for them really is since they merely drain away colors and mute everything. Anyway, the new way to access Developer Options is to go to the About Device under the More tab in your settings and scroll down to Build Number. Keep tapping Build Number until the Developer Options are turned on (you will see a message below where you are tapping). In the Developer Options now under the More tab, scroll way down to Simulate color space. You'll 4 options including grayscale/monochromatic.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, if you haven't used GoSMS yet, fry it for a few days....it will **** you off enough so that a color on your screen is miniscule in comparison. 😁

Posted via the Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, if you haven't used GoSMS yet, fry it for a few days....it will **** you off enough so that a color on your screen is miniscule in comparison. 😁

Posted via the Android Central App

LOL Gosms was cool until I couldn't send mms to a group for some reason. I had the paid version too. That was the only thing that ticked me off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney