Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?

Stuart Perkins

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Seriously. This "new" color scheme is physically painful to me. I can barely see anything on my note 3 with it. I am royally pissed off about this. Please a global fix it option...

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Seriously. This "new" color scheme is physically painful to me. I can barely see anything on my note 3 with it. I am royally pissed off about this. Please a global fix it option...

The only color in not keen on is the orange, but even that's no biggy. If you want plain and dull, then there's always iOS.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Again, the Verizon Message Plus app works even if you don't have Verizon and it is free and completely customizable. I linked it a couple posts back.

LadyPotsy

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I don t like this orange bar too ! If u want to change it u have to edit apk.

Sent From Samsung Galaxy Note Pink Using Pink Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438301325643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438301325643.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 54
  • uploadfromtaptalk1438301343595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438301343595.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 55

LadyPotsy

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
U edit your apk by decompile and compile with apktool. Look on Google there are a lof of tuto about it.

James N Dev Hawk

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes! I got rid of mine by changing the theme. It was super easy and I love it now. What you do, is use your fingers to pinch in so that you can see all the screens at once. At the bottom, there should be an option for themes. Click it. There will be your current theme, as well as to pre downloaded themes. You can click the store and download any free or paid themes you like. If you click on the see all option, you can see everything they have to offer. If you click on a theme, you can you preview it and sometimes if not all the time they show you what the messaging app will look like. The theme I'm currently using is called someday and it's a blue theme but not your regular blue. Very clean and serene. Let me know if you need any more help.

Posted via the Android Central App

James N Dev Hawk

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

Like I've commented in another post you can change the theme. Pinch out from your home screen click on the theme option and you will see your current theme along with two pre downloaded themes. If you click on the store option you can see all the ones at the pay for and free ones. I am currently using a theme called someday and they got rid of the orange completely. Hope this helps let me know if you need more help.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Google Messenger. Try it. You can even set the color for every individual chat/contact.

I second this. If everyone is really THAT upset about Orange, just use Google Messenger and then you can set a specific color of your choosing. It looks better anyway. Or use Textra, the Verizon app, or any number of other messaging apps. Why is this a ten page conversation when we're on Android? If you don't like something, change it!

Sure, I used to use the stock messager app exclusively on my Note 4 before the update. I loved it. But then I got tired of the Orange so I switched it up and use something I can deal with and it hasn't been a problem.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line is people will complain no matter what color it is. People want options to change the color.
I agree that if it drives you THAT nuts, use a different app. However, if people are just asking how to change it on the default message app on a Note 4 (this is a Note 4 forum), then the only response is "you can't".

Last edited:

LadyPotsy

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Bottom line is people will complain no matter what color it is. People want options to change the color.
I agree that if it drives you THAT nuts, use a different app. However, if people are just asking how to change it on the default message app on a Note 4 (this is a Note 4 forum), then the only response is "you can't".

Actually it s true by default, you can t change color. But u can edit everything on note 4 if u know how to decompile and recompile with apktool. With this app u can theme every app ! I do it every time and I Don t need to dl third app which pollute my phone.

TrumpetMan

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I tried a few of the other messaging apps - Verizon Message+, Textra - but with all of them, I could not get the individual text notification tones to work (I had customized a special message tone for each contact, but these apps would only play the default tone). Only the stock Samsung app would actually keep the customization of the message tones. So switching apps may give you more control over the orange color, but it will take away other features.