Turn off the Group messaging warning?

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off this dumb warning that "Group conversations will be sent as multimedia messages"? I don't need this warning EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I use lots of group messages. In fact, I'd say probably half of my text messages are part of group conversations. I don't want this dumb warning every time. Is there a setting to turn it off?

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
open messages
tap three dots upper right
settings
Multimedia messages
look and see if MMS alert is selected, I don't know for sure if this option will fix your problem but sounds like its a start

rgwisk

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Any response to this? Drives me nuts on my Samsung Galaxy S7.... There isn't any option in the settings to disable a MMS Alert feature.

rgwisk

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I ended up writing to Samsung. Their response:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Samsung Technical Support. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

I understand that you want to stop/disable the pop up message “Group conversations will be sent as multimedia messages” in the default messaging app of the Galaxy S7 phone. I will provide you with the required information in this regard.

I have gone through the settings of the default messaging application and I see that there is no such option to disable the pop up. However we take this as a feedback and submit it on your behalf and we hope that the requested feature will be added to the default messaging application in a future update.​

ztj521

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I ended up writing to Samsung. Their response:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Samsung Technical Support. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

I understand that you want to stop/disable the pop up message “Group conversations will be sent as multimedia messages” in the default messaging app of the Galaxy S7 phone. I will provide you with the required information in this regard.

I have gone through the settings of the default messaging application and I see that there is no such option to disable the pop up. However we take this as a feedback and submit it on your behalf and we hope that the requested feature will be added to the default messaging application in a future update.​

Where do I submit feedback at? I can't stand that notification. New to android and this makes me want to throw the phone away.

Last edited by a moderator:

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I can't find a way to get rid of it either. But for some reason Sammy loves to warn people about everything. For example, you get a warning each time you turn the volume up past a certain level or a warning every time you turn on your location setting. It's quite annoying.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
These warnings do sound ridiculous but I imagine they are there for some legal protection reason. Think about the warning labels you see on everyday household appliances. Clothes Iron "Do Not Touch Hot Surface", electric hair dryer "Do Not use in shower. May cause electrocution". The list goes on. All pretty obvious dangers BUT! There are stupid people out there and people who want to sue a company to get money without working for it.
It's hard to tell why the "Listening at full volume may cause damage" warning comes up but it was probably because some *****, in the shower, listening to their music full blast while blow drying their hair got fried and decided to sue.

The Fatyank

Imwong

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Hey all! Thought you might have given up after that email from the manufacturer but I figured it out.

Go to settings > apps > messages > more settings > more settings > multimedia messages > group conversation

Just toggle off the group conversation button that automatically sends multimedia messages in group conversations by default.

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
I have a Note 9, it doesnt have this setting, and no other settings seem to do it. Any thoughts?

Hey all! Thought you might have given up after that email from the manufacturer but I figured it out.

Go to settings > apps > messages > more settings > more settings > multimedia messages > group conversation

Just toggle off the group conversation button that automatically sends multimedia messages in group conversations by default.

Jeeepers

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
lol 5 years later and it's still happening. (Android 10 on Note 10+, Messages 11.1.65.17). Apparently this is never going to get fixed.

If the messages are not sent as MMS then my text goes to individuals of the group, which is fine until they respond to that individual text, and now the conversation is not within the group.

Is there a messaging app that has the user interface dropped to be easily accessible while holding the phone with one hand? All of the other apps you basically have to use 2 hands to work.

Also, how have they not fixed this issue after 5 years?

dadiam

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site

It is now December, 2020, and I have a Note10. Same problem, but only worse. That message still shows up, as well as many more. They do not go away, and you cannot see anything beneath them.

THis is my 4th Samsung, but if this continues, it will definitely be my last!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It is now December, 2020, and I have a Note10. Same problem, but only worse. That message still shows up, as well as many more. They do not go away, and you cannot see anything beneath them.

THis is my 4th Samsung, but if this continues, it will definitely be my last!
Hi, welcome to AC?!
Have you tried another message app like Google messaging?

Tack Hammer

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Ditto on this issue. It is currently one of the most annoying issues with my phone. And especially because it pops up OVER the newest message meaning I have to wait for it to disappear to read the message. If you won't provide a way to disable, at least move it mid screen.

AD1010

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
My Note20 as well warns me about the MMS messages. It's annoying, however lately as of the last update, the bubble stays longer on and it blocks me from reading and typing for a longer period than before.
I don't understand why it stays on even after I close the Messages App.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Note20 as well warns me about the MMS messages. It's annoying, however lately as of the last update, the bubble stays longer on and it blocks me from reading and typing for a longer period than before.
I don't understand why it stays on even after I close the Messages App.
Hi, welcome to AC!
It probably keeps it on incase you want still interact with that person, try long pressing and moving it up or down see if it disappears after your done .