I recently upgraded to Lollipop on my Note 4, and I've been having a weird problem ever since. At home, things load much more slowly than they do when I'm on 4g or using my school's Wifi. My other devices have no problem with this and my speeds are steady (22mbps about). What could be causing this? How could I fix it?

Thank you!
    03-25-2015 07:25 PM
    You may want to do a cache partition wide and see if that clears thing up. Clearing the cache will NOT wide your data or Apps. If this does not restore your connection you may want to try a factory reset. A factory reset WILL wipe your data and apps, so be sure to do a backup first.
    03-25-2015 08:35 PM
    Just ran a test on my home network with my wifes Sprint S5 on Lollipop, and then my ATT S5 with 4.4.4, and I can tell you that the download speed is almost 3X faster on my 4.4.4 Android ATT model. Not sure what is going on here....
    03-29-2015 10:25 AM
    It seems to be a common problem on the Note 4 after the lollipop upgrade with no real solutions that I have found. Thanks VZW!
    05-13-2015 09:14 AM
    I upgraded to Lollipop about a month ago and I didn't have this issue until yesterday. My WIFI works fine on every other router but the one at my house. I have a Comcast router and I am on AT&T. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Posted Via AT&T Note 4
    05-13-2015 11:33 AM
    I saw something about this issue somewhere and I can't remember where.

From what I remember, there were some issues people had but the problem was the firmware on the router. I saw a couple of people rolled back their router firmware and it solved the problem.

Now that generally only works for routers you own, if the company owns the router then they probably update firmware automatically, but you can log in and see if you have the option to roll it back and see if that helps.
    05-13-2015 11:48 AM
    Well I found a fix for my WIFI issues at home. I deleted my saved WIFI account on my phone. Then I pulled my battery for 5 minutes and unplugged my router for 5 minutes. Then when I re-entered my WIFI password everything was back to normal. I don't know if this will work for everyone but I hope it helps.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4
    PlanetPluto7 likes this.
    05-13-2015 07:23 PM
    This may be an issue with app Android System WebView. If you go into the Playstore and install the latest update this issue may very well go away. A number of threads and articles have mentioned that Lollipop needs this App upgraded to the latest version to allow a lot of OS background Apps to function properly.
    05-13-2015 09:51 PM
    Well I found a fix for my WIFI issues at home. I deleted my saved WIFI account on my phone. Then I pulled my battery for 5 minutes and unplugged my router for 5 minutes. Then when I re-entered my WIFI password everything was back to normal. I don't know if this will work for everyone but I hope it helps.
    That is what I was going to suggest you do. The first thing to try when you have a problem connecting to a AP that you were connecting to before, is go to Wi-Fi setting and forget the SSDI for the troubled site and then add it back in.
    05-14-2015 10:51 AM
    Try these steps, in order, until it (hopefully) works. Do 1-5 together, 6-10 one at a time:

1. Go to: Settings > WiFi > Long-press on your network > Forget network.

2. Turn off the phone.

3. Unplug the power to the router for at least 30 seconds.

4. Plug in the router and give it plenty of time to fully reboot, at least 3-4 minutes.

5. Turn on the phone and try to connect.

6. Open a browser and get into Setup in the router.

7. Set security encryption to WPA2/AES. Do not use TKIP or AES/TKIP.

8. Try setting static IP addresses.

9. Update your router firmware.

10. Try using Google's DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 for the primary, 8.8.4.4 for the secondary.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    beh and Lord Soth like this.
    05-14-2015 11:34 AM
    I just wanted to chime in that I immediately went to the DNS1 and DNS2 settings, changing them to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively and this immediately solved my issue. Thanks guys! I was previously getting a VERY slow connection to my home's wifi.
    06-20-2015 10:25 AM
    Mine doesn't work just changing the DNS1 and DNS2, any video on facebook or instagram take few seconds to load, then runs for 3 seconds and keeps loading for few seconds ...turning off the Wifi on my phone works very good not using my home internet of 50Mbps
    03-24-2016 11:09 PM
    Try to turn off Bluetooth on your android device !!!

I have tried all solutions offered in this thread, none of them have worked. After turning off bluetooth on my android smarthphone WiFi suddenly gets up to 45 mbps! Meybe this will be fix for you too!
    huntnyc and Anthony Smith22 like this.
    11-09-2016 08:19 AM
    Try to turn off Bluetooth on your android device !!!

I have tried all solutions offered in this thread, none of them have worked. After turning off bluetooth on my android smarthphone WiFi suddenly gets up to 45 mbps! Meybe this will be fix for you too!
    Thankyou, thankyou thankyou it worked for me! WiFi back to full speed. Why the heck tho does Bluetooth affect WiFi so much
    12-29-2017 01:26 PM