Hi, I got the update last night, no choice, but did it. I'm having no problems for the most part, except that S Note app keeps force closing when I try to hit ALL. If I show Recent, I can see 5 Notes, but that's it. I found a workaround to get some more, maybe 20+ Note if I have the S Note Widget, but have over 150+ notes. They import over eventually, but even when just 1 note under ALL, it force closes. Kind of s**** that I can only see 5 recent notes. I tried calling samsung earlier, and they put me through what I already did. Clear S Note cache multiple times, I also tried removing Samsung Account and adding it back multiple times, just doesn't work. Always force closes going to ALL. I think I did a Factory Reset, but now that think about it, I did a Backup and Restore. So may have to try a Factory Reset, because it had Lollipop on it after I did it. So probably wasn't a factory reset. It sucks to do it again, but Can't figure out the Answer. Kind of hesitant to call Samsung again, because they didn't tell me anything I didn't already try. Anyone else having this problem?

I hate to do a Factory Reset, but if I have to, I'll try. Not minding the update, just had a few minor glitches, which I figured out by reading some articles on problems with Update. No biggie there, but If I do a Factory Reset, I may try to block as didn't have this problem with Kit Kat and just not confident on doing what they Said at XDA Developers.
    03-25-2015 09:19 PM
    Hi, I got the update last night, no choice, but did it. I'm having no problems for the most part, except that S Note app keeps force closing when I try to hit ALL. If I show Recent, I can see 5 Notes, but that's it. I found a workaround to get some more, maybe 20+ Note if I have the S Note Widget, but have over 150+ notes. They import over eventually, but even when just 1 note under ALL, it force closes. Kind of s**** that I can only see 5 recent notes. I tried calling samsung earlier, and they put me through what I already did. Clear S Note cache multiple times, I also tried removing Samsung Account and adding it back multiple times, just doesn't work. Always force closes going to ALL. I think I did a Factory Reset, but now that think about it, I did a Backup and Restore. So may have to try a Factory Reset, because it had Lollipop on it after I did it. So probably wasn't a factory reset. It sucks to do it again, but Can't figure out the Answer. Kind of hesitant to call Samsung again, because they didn't tell me anything I didn't already try. Anyone else having this problem?

I hate to do a Factory Reset, but if I have to, I'll try. Not minding the update, just had a few minor glitches, which I figured out by reading some articles on problems with Update. No biggie there, but If I do a Factory Reset, I may try to block as didn't have this problem with Kit Kat and just not confident on doing what they Said at XDA Developers.
    Are all your notes backed up to your Samsung account? If so try Clearing the data on the app, not just the cache. That will reset the app and then you should be able to download the notes again.
    03-25-2015 09:26 PM
    Yes, I actually hit Clear Data first then they both get grayed out, so I'm pretty sure i've cleared both.
    Yes, also all are backed up to Samsung Account. They are all on my other two NOTE Tablets, so they all are there, tried numerous times to import them, they are there, and eventually all get over, just when i hit the ALL in Snote it force closes. I don't know if there is an update for S Note or how to go back to earlier version or what. I know Samsung has there own App store, but so far nothing has worked. I'm not a total novice, I have rooted and recently added the Gnabo ROM to my Note 10.1. I am just not sure about dojng the directions on the how to stop the knox and OTA link. I may just factory reset and try that if I can, not sure yet. Correction I did a factory reset and it just goes to Lollipop automatically. Not going to flash kit kat, Talking with Samsung in a moment.
    03-25-2015 09:31 PM
    I have the exact same problem. Have you been able to find a solution?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2015 12:13 PM
    I called Samsung last night and they were leaving for the night, but have a ticket Number for the problem. I have to call later and so far they haven't help me with anything new. I'm at level 2 support now and going to a call when I get home later. Glad to see its not only me. thanks for your reply. I'll let you know if I get a fix and post here. I've tried everything I know and nothing has worked. May have to use lecture notes or papyrus if they don't have a fix until an update. Stinks because I like S note. Other apps are out there.

03-26-2015 03:21 PM
    OK thanks. Please let me know if you do find a solution because I am very annoyed with this problem to.

03-26-2015 06:24 PM
    Okay, after 2 hours with a Samsung Level 2 Rep, found out some things. Had problems getting thru so took awhile. Anyway, I have a Workaround that works for me temporarily and hopefully will work for anyone else, so try it. You can go into S Note and try going down under RECENT, ALL, AND FAVORITES, to where it says VIEW BY, and hit TIME. It will display all the S Notes you have imported over to from the old device or Samsung Account. Now I only Have 27 notes right now, but am going to clear Cache and Data, Remove Samsung Account, then Add it back to start Fresh, where I will then try to import not all but a majority of my 150+ S Notes. Hopefully I can reduce the size and do have some doubles and triples of Notes. You can also try adding the S Note Widget where I can view more of them also.

The guy was a good Tech rep, unlike first tier support, so If you do call get a ticket and get level 2 or advanced tech support. They are going to report the problem to their head guy who will talk to the developers of the S Note app and make them aware of the problem, which may get fixed with an update. I said more than just me, at least another person having the same problem here. So do call them just to report it if anything.

He did remote support and looked through the whole device, made some report logs, looked for any bad apps that may be causing this issue, ran through the app and it force closes in ALL and FAVORITES. Like I already figured it's just the app having the problem. The workaround is good for now, but he did say to go to Best Buy and have the guys at The Samsung Store run a diagnostic app on it and said they can Flash a version of the update to my phone to fix any apps that may have gotten corrupted or affected by the Update. I will not lose any Data I was told, so hopefully don't have to do a Factory Reset again. I was told to clear phone's Cache again, but did that after the update since I read on the forum to do it and I don't think it will help, but will try anyways. Tomorrow when I have time going to Best Buy and hoping them flashing the firmware will fix the problem. I suggest you do the same lilnate 99. It can't hurt and may fix it for you also. I'll keep you updated if I hear from Samsung, but may have to wait until addressed in a Future Update. Hope some of this helps for you.
    03-26-2015 11:26 PM
    Ok, I will give them a call and also try Best Buy. Thanks man I appreciate it.

03-27-2015 06:29 AM
    I went to Best Buy and the guy there was stumped. He Flashed the update, took only about 10 or 15 minutes, if that. Didn't change a thing. S Note still has same problem. He said to Talk to Samsung and try to get a replacement, and talk with Escalated Tech support and Complain very loudly. I just got the ATT Note 4 about a month ago, so I'm pissed the main app I use is not working. He said it could be fixed in an update, it's definitely software issue and nothing I did caused this.

I would complain to ATT, but bought it at Best Buy, have the Asurion Insurance, but the Samsung guy told me ATT Tech support Sucks, which I don't think Samsung is any better. My phone doesn't have problems, except for one of my BT Headsets kept Dropping Calls, but I read online to un-pair it and then re-pair it with phone. This worked on my Stereo in my car, and my LG headset, but not the Motorola. All in all I can't complain, the phone is working other than that.

Just to add, I noticed some of the files now in S note have a .spd file extension and not the .snb file extensio, not sure if that may have something to do with it. May bet fixed in an update. He was unable to open older notes of mine in My Files, so they may be corrupted. I have seen (Conflict) behind some notes, but never affected my S Notes when I updated to Kit Kit. I just may have to start from scratch and just use for the more recent notes. I have a Mac, so I can't open up the files to save to my Computer, I tried backing up to evernote, but not all files go there either. Kind of Stuck either way which stinks! My only fix to me, is to delete all the files that don't come over to S Note and Open and start notes from newer ones on forward. I'd Switch to Lecture Notes which I like, but not sure how they backup their notes, also have Papyrus and like that app.
    03-27-2015 10:39 PM
    The problem w/ AT&T tech support (and I'm guessing all the other carriers too) is when you have a problem specific to a particular phone & OS they deal with so many different phones & OS's they're not experts on any of them. AT&T is better with their network issues but overall not great. If Apple still has their own support for iPhones they're hands down leagues better than anybody else.
    03-27-2015 11:19 PM
    I went into my files and I see some files are spd and snb. The only files I can open are the spd files which are the files I created on my phone. The other files I have are the ones I imported from my note 10.1 tablet and I can not open those files or get them to open from my Drive account were I have them backed up at. Looks like we will just have to hope this gets fixed in a update.

03-28-2015 09:31 AM
    Hey Lilnate99, just wanted to share a few things with you and anyone else who has this problem. I had to go to ATT store today to complain about feedback during calls, echoing, and people not hearing me. I did some mods to one case figuring it was the case, making hole bigger on top. When I went to best buy, they told me the mics on the bottom were being covered not the one on top. I had a verizon note 4 and ended up buying ATT note 4, so the cases were causing the problems. I bought an incipio case and all is good so far with the Feedback. I also had a problem with Bluetooth dropping calls and having to unpair and then pair again in car and with one of my headsets. All is working now after the switch of case and after the tech guys cleared the Bluetooth cache, hoping that fixed that problem. While there, they said not too many complaints with Lollipop, I was like you should see the forums! LOL. Anyways, the guy said someone else came in with the exact same problem I had with S Note and you, so I'm thinking it's more people than just us.

After finding out the .snb files were changed to .spd files, I tried something. I made a temp file on my SD card called Temp S Notes and moved all the .snb files I had on S Note over to that temp folder on my SD Card. This way if there is ever an update to S Note fixing this issue, I can bring over the old .snb files from my SD Card and move them back to the S Note data folder on my device storage. Guess What, it worked. Now I can hit ALL in S Note and it doesn't force close. So the problem IS the old .snb files causing it. I can't believe all the people who have used Note Phones before aren't having this same problem with old S Notes and bringing over to Lollipop. So I guess we just have to save all our old S Notes and hope for a Fix to the SNote app to bring our old ones into it again. Otherwise, can only use new S Notes from now on. Hope that helps.
    04-01-2015 12:33 AM