Updated today. Now lock screen text messages won't show up

latinmom2four

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing.
Pre-update I received a pop-up notification when I received a text. Now it doesn't show up at all even though I didn't change my settings. :(
I have checked my settings and they are unchanged.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had Lollipop on my G3 before I got the Note 4. There is a setting where you can change that so your messages show up on the lock screen. Don't have the G3 anymore, so I can't provide further guidance. Sorry.

Posted via the Android Central App

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Try going into locksscreen and setting a password. Once you do you will see an option to choose what shows on your lockscreen

Posted via the Android Central App

Brooklyn Dickerson

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi I was having the same problem and was able to figure it out
Go to your (settings), then click on (Device) then (sounds and notifications) scroll down to see (while locked )you want it to say (show all content). Mine said none at first then i switched it and it worked... It even showes me who is texting me while the screen is locked as before it didn't. Hope this helps:-!

Nate Fillnow

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Just figured it out. Got to settings - my device - sound and notification - other sounds - messaging (under samsung applications) - make sure check mark is placed on pop-up display and preview message. Worked for me. Hope this helps!

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just figured it out. Got to settings - my device - sound and notification - other sounds - messaging (under samsung applications) - make sure check mark is placed on pop-up display and preview message. Worked for me. Hope this helps!

I do not have that under the "other sounds" option on my phone. Are you sure you didn't mean a different section?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I do not have that under the "other sounds" option on my phone. Are you sure you didn't mean a different section?

To show notifications on the lockscreen, this is how it is done on my phone..

Go to sounds and notifications and then "while locked" the choose to show all if you want the I go on your lockscreen.

Attachments

• 1433259741350.jpg
    1433259741350.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 1433259755961.jpg
    1433259755961.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 40

Cayde-7

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Go to your (settings), then click on (Device) then (sounds and notifications) scroll down to see (while locked )you want it to say (show all content). Mine said none at first then i switched it and it worked... It even showes me who is texting me while the screen is locked as before it didn't. Hope this helps:-!

Thank you SO MUCH!

SamsungTSQA

May 14, 2016
Visit site

Dude, I work for Samsung and couldn't figure out how to get my messages to appear for about 30 minutes. I tried everybody else's steps and they didn't work. But yours did!!! I passed right by this setting earlier thinking my resolution couldn't possibly be there lol Thanks a ton man, you rock! Have a good one!

Ashley712

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
So what I did on my Edge was go to Device, Settings: Notifications. This provided all my apps. I scrolled down to messaging and it was OFF. Grrr... lol so I just flipped it on. I haven't received a text yet to double check it working, but it seems viable. :)

Mathew Rose

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site

Sorry doesn't work on mine as I only have sound not sound and notifications is there eny other way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12