Dleting password requirement

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't use any security to open my note 4. I would like to try the fingerprint scanner, but if I do and have to use a password as a back up, can I ever do away with the scanner/password requirement and go back to just using a swipe to open the phone?
Thanks, Errol

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can always go back. The process is the same as setting it up, Lockscreen>Pattern, Voice, Face, Scanner etc.>Setup. Then to reverse it Lockscreen>No Lock, you will have to enter whatever you entered for your lockscreen before one last time to confirm that you the owner are not wanting to use any security lock to open the device. Then you will be back to nothing.

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Thats what I needed to know. My S5 would not let me go back to using nothing but a swipe. All options except pin and password were grayed out once I set up a pin to open the phone.

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but doesn't work on my Verizon S5 (I still have it). All options are greyed out except pin and password when I go into screen lock and I'm afraid it would be the same on the note4, and don't really want to take the chance until I am sure.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Errol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo