Heart Rate Monitor Light stays on after Lollipop 5.0.1 update AT&T

okanobi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing the heart rate light coming on whenever the device is in your pocket or pressed against something that is not your finger? Even putting a pillow case against it is enough to make it come on. I've even tried slowly lifting my device up and I can see the red light as I pick it up...Maybe I never noticed before but every time I put in my pocket red light shines through...battery died fairly quick today and I want to say that's the culprit.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Known issue with Google Fit and Samsung Heart Rate Monitor. Just uninstall Google Fit or disable it and the issue goes away. :)

okanobi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is this after 5.0.1 update that this issue shows up? Like I said, I never recall seeing that light ever before and my battery always lasted all day. Guess I'll uninstall Google Fit then not that great anyway.

edit:
Just so there is no mystery that was the cause. Uninstalling Google fit is the solution.

Last edited:

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was just going to looking into this, as I noticed this was going on and when I wear my phone on my hip or put it in my pocket or even on its back, the sensor stays on. I just changed batteries and reset my phone and it seems to have gone away. But if it comes back and remains an issue, I will do as you guys mentioned and rid of google fit... #bummer

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
It is probably just checking that you are not an android. It seems to get over it when it sees you are human and quits searching after a day or so. Or so I have seen.

lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this after 5.0.1 update that this issue shows up? Like I said, I never recall seeing that light ever before and my battery always lasted all day. Guess I'll uninstall Google Fit then not that great anyway.

edit:
Just so there is no mystery that was the cause. Uninstalling Google fit is the solution.

Yup, it's a Lollipop issue. It wasn't there before.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe AT&T released 5.0.1 just to get it out, without regard for bugs commonly experienced with that version. That version has known issues that, along with 5.0.2, supposedly have been addressed with 5.1. Hopefully, my carrier, TMO, has delayed release in order to release 5.1. Notice I said "hopefully."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana