So why so much excitement about Lollipop? It is TERRIBLE!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Once you flash you can't go back. Not unless you can find a custom ROM maybe, but it depends on what you have and what you are running.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I didn't want to update because I was holding on to the slight chance that somebody would crack the AT&T bootloader but the phone updated without my consent and I was verbally upset. After playing with it for a couple days, at least with my phone, 5.0.1 seems better all around than 4.4.4. I have none of the issues that everyone else is having. My battery life is drastically better and to me at least, it's visually more appealing.

My one gripe is the old blocking mode has turned into an unusable do not disturb mode. Thankfully, I found an app that mimics the old blocking mode.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
On my g3 I couldn't have been more unhappy. I don't see why people were dying for it when it was slower, ruined my batter life, and wasn't even that nice looking.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Samsung wants us to be beta testers for lollipop. No thanks, as long as my phone can do the functions I need, I'm staying on Kit Kat FTW

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Samsung wants us to be beta testers for lollipop. No thanks, as long as my phone can do the functions I need, I'm staying on Kit Kat FTW

It's hard to say who's at fault here or if it's a combination of Google, Samsung & AT&T.

AT&T is definitely at fault for forcing the update on us but you know if the N4 wasn't one of the first phones scheduled for Lollipop everybody'd be moaning & groaning about it.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Lollipop woks fine for me.

I've got my GearVR, it is all good.

I sure wish I could say the same thing. As I said on another Lollipop thread it's very interesting to me how some people are having excellent experiences w/ Lollipop & others like me have nothing but problems.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I sure wish I could say the same thing. As I said on another Lollipop thread it's very interesting to me how some people are having excellent experiences w/ Lollipop & others like me have nothing but problems.

Seems like it took a while for the new OS to get the feel of the phone and the operator. Don't know, now the phone is better than before.

ipoetix

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I'm having a great time. Just uploaded this morning and it's like night and day.

It's immediately and noticeably much FASTER and the battery life is excellent - I've been on 2hrs straight with a drop off of 15% from 100 to 85.

It's excellent. Smoother too, and FINALLY, not a trace of lag.

Don't know what everyone else is on!!

Last edited:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
No issues so far...but I can't really say that I've noticed better or worse battery, or for that matter...other than a few cosmetic changes...don't really see anything breath taking...other than the that fact that I can now DISABLE EVERNOTE!!! :-D

Last edited:

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Really??
Is there any possible way I can get back to KitKat? Any way at all?

Thanks

Yea ofcourse, download the 4.4.4 firmware for your model number from Sammobile and flash it with odin. Simple instructions on Sammobile download page. No root required, does not trip Knox counter.

Posted via the Android Central App

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Yea ofcourse, download the 4.4.4 firmware for your model number from Sammobile and flash it with odin. Simple instructions on Sammobile download page. No root required, does not trip Knox counter.

Did you manage to go back to KK successfully because I'm seriously thinking about doing it? Something is keeping my phone awake most of the time on Lollipop and I never had that problem on 4.4.4. I agree with other people that Lollipop is not as sweet as it was supposed to be.

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you manage to go back to KK successfully because I'm seriously thinking about doing it? Something is keeping my phone awake most of the time on Lollipop and I never had that problem on 4.4.4. I agree with other people that Lollipop is not as sweet as it was supposed to be.

Several people have gone back to KK after they found problems with Lollipop, you will loose all you data on the phone though. Also a lot of people like to do a hard reset both before and after a big update.

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I'm having a great time. Just uploaded this morning and it's like night and day.

It's immediately and noticeably much FASTER and the battery life is excellent - I've been on 2hrs straight with a drop off of 15% from 100 to 85.

It's excellent. Smoother too, and FINALLY, not a trace of lag.

Don't know what everyone else is on!!

My experience, exactly. I can't imagine what's not to like.

zkyevolved

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Several people have gone back to KK after they found problems with Lollipop, you will loose all you data on the phone though. Also a lot of people like to do a hard reset both before and after a big update.
I think it's just a good idea to just backup necessary data and do a hard reset. Who knows how upgraded settings and software work... One wrong line of code not made for the Os and new Os... Bye bye good battery life! And laggy!

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for your experience but I think some problems could be carrier specific as most users are not having issues, on the contrary it is faster and battery life is improved on mine with Sprint here in Orlando.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
After reading thru things around here these days. I don't regret switching to the nexus 6 recently. With 5.1 on board and no real issues at all I'm glad I'm not going thru this update. I miss my s pen mostly and the camera on the note 4 but that's really it for now.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
When I first downloaded the update my battery life was terrible. Something kept draining my battery. Come to find out it was messaging backup and sync. After killing it and doing a master reset my battery life is better now than it was on KK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12