01-22-2017 01:46 AM
57 123
tools
    I have the note 4 and just last week updated to 5.1 ota AT&T and now my recording mode options are gone in my default camera app. I've spoken with Samsung and they are unaware of it. Anyone else have this issue or any advisement?
    04-29-2015 10:51 PM
    The fast motion has new options as you enter the use. As for the slow motion simply record in slow motion option. Once you play it back you will find on the fly edit, and speed options. Thenot once you crop and such you export ! This saves the video per your edit. Now as for the smooth motion WTF? Gone????
    04-29-2015 10:55 PM
    I don't sit in front a PC all day. I sit in waiting rooms, meetings, etc. I don't have time to waste my life away sitting in front of an Xbox all day long, I have a job, life, family.
    So,how do you have time to play games at all??
    04-29-2015 11:33 PM
    The fast motion has new options as you enter the use. As for the slow motion simply record in slow motion option. Once you play it back you will find on the fly edit, and speed options. Thenot once you crop and such you export ! This saves the video per your edit. Now as for the smooth motion WTF? Gone????
    But the video quality blows compared to KitKat. Pixelated mess.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sebakl likes this.
    04-30-2015 04:51 PM
    This is misleading.

They have moved "video settings" (or whatever it was titled) from the settings menu to instead become modes (like the ones you download). called "slow motion" and "fast motion". When recording slow motion, you now select 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 AFTER you've shot the video, not before, as it was in the kitkat version. And, as one person above stated, the quality is now much worse. Pisses me off.
    I'm seriously pissed. I bought this phone SPECIFICALLY because of the camera and for that slow motion. I do some quick tutorials for customers and I was using my son's phone (note 4) and I was amazed with the quality. It was seriously astonishing. Now my Galaxy S2 produces better quality. I have no idea why, but it flickers as if you put light above a spinning fan, pixels look like tiny thumbnail stretched to full screen.

I have been calling Samsung Malaysia, I tried to post to Samsung international, nothing. I get no feedback. I also tested it on few devices, they all suffer the same fate after the update. Seriously, where do I go from here ?
    04-30-2015 11:11 PM
    Correction: its called FHD 60P
    A little misunderstanding there. 60P is SMOOTH motion, not SLOW motion, which is what's being discussed here.

05-01-2015 09:05 AM
    I'm seriously pissed. I bought this phone SPECIFICALLY because of the camera and for that slow motion. I do some quick tutorials for customers and I was using my son's phone (note 4) and I was amazed with the quality. It was seriously astonishing. Now my Galaxy S2 produces better quality. I have no idea why, but it flickers as if you put light above a spinning fan, pixels look like tiny thumbnail stretched to full screen.

I have been calling Samsung Malaysia, I tried to post to Samsung international, nothing. I get no feedback. I also tested it on few devices, they all suffer the same fate after the update. Seriously, where do I go from here ?
    One of the primary reasons I bought the Note 4 was that it had the best phone camera at the time. With Samsung hobbling it with crummy software, I may have to jump ship again. No excuse for this.

05-01-2015 09:08 AM
    I have the note 4 and just last week updated to 5.1 ota AT&T and now my recording mode options are gone in my default camera app. I've spoken with Samsung and they are unaware of it. Anyone else have this issue or any advisement?
    05-06-2015 05:45 PM
    One of the primary reasons I bought the Note 4 was that it had the best phone camera at the time. With Samsung hobbling it with crummy software, I may have to jump ship again. No excuse for this.

Jump ship where when no other company is as big as Sumsung nor do they have the same resources. The Note 4 is a great point and shoot camera device, if you need something more buy a real camera, buy a NIkon or Canon.
    05-06-2015 07:57 PM
    OMG i am so upset about this, I use it all the time to record video, I had a shortcut set up for it and today I noticed it was gone after recording a few videos. I checked my wifes and sons S5 and they have the recording mode still on theirs! My note 4 no longer does, has anyone had success in getting it back?
    05-10-2015 11:35 AM
    Mine is missing too. If you find out how to get it back. This lollipop upgrade is upsetting.
    05-13-2015 12:31 PM
    This is misleading.

They have moved "video settings" (or whatever it was titled) from the settings menu to instead become modes (like the ones you download). called "slow motion" and "fast motion". When recording slow motion, you now select 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 AFTER you've shot the video, not before, as it was in the kitkat version. And, as one person above stated, the quality is now much worse. Pisses me off.
    Yes and the pause button is in the middle of the play back. Has anyone fixed that? It was perfect before and not it is terrible!!
    06-07-2015 10:01 PM
    Most people don't want to do a hard reset and lose all their stuff just to fix a few annoyances.
    I wish having to do a hard reset was not part of a good upgrade experience with Android, but after almost 2 years on Android I have just decided it is a requirement and plan for it as part of the upgrade.

I fought against doing factory resets several times, but every time I had to many issues. They seem to just get worse until you finally do a hard reset. I don't like it but I also don't like weird phone problems.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    06-07-2015 11:16 PM
    Where are you going to get this setting? I just got a Note 4 that already has Lollipop 5.0.1 loaded and can't find that in modes anywhere.
    06-08-2015 09:15 AM
    At this point, I'm just hoping the Note 5 keeps the removable battery and Micro SD card..
    06-08-2015 05:24 PM
    That is good to know, glad you got all fixed up with the reset. Wish it didn't have to come to that with so many people.

Samr thing here the smooth recording is gone after the upgrade to lolipop.
    06-08-2015 07:47 PM
    06-11-2015 09:14 PM
    I believe with Lollipop 5.1 to get smooth motion video you go to settings and select "Video Size" and choose FHD 60P, going into to "Modes" and choosing slow motion is not what you want, that's why the video quality is crappy.
    07-11-2015 01:02 AM
    5.1 in note 4 is in beta version so all functions not working.
    07-11-2015 01:14 AM
    You can download the slow motion if you click on the camera , the go to modes, then click on downloads and at that point choose whatever modes you want.

Your friendly neighbor Verizon Galaxy Note 4 😎
    07-11-2015 04:12 AM
    Hi Swish84,

My device model is SM-N910C

I have the same issue you are facing, but I don't know how to get it back and I am trying to talk with Samsung, but I don't know how and where and whom should I talk to. Previously, I was using S4, but in early 2015, I found that NOTE 4 is a brilliant device for me to upgrade and I have just bought it. I was not sure that there is a Video Recording Mode on it or NOT, but after I discovering from some introduction, then I found that there is a Video Recording Mode and I check mine and could find it. NOT just a "Video Recording Mode" but also a shutter sound bottom is also missing. I don't know why?

Anyone know how to get it back, please share us your discovery result.
    08-08-2015 05:37 PM
    I have the same problem and I am so upset with this happening. If you find the solution, then please do let me know. THANKS
    08-08-2015 05:46 PM
    Everyone has the same problem, once you buy a phone Galaxy NOTE 4 (Mine is SM-N910c Model). It came with Kikate 4.4.4. and the Video Recording Mode is there, but the point is after startup you phone at the first time they will ask you to update to Lollipop 5.0.1, after updating this new version of Android, then the "Video Recording Mode" is gone. I still have not find the solution yet, but if you can communicate with the Samsung center for help and let see what they will say. Hope you have a good response from them and share us what you received from them. THANKS
    08-08-2015 05:53 PM
    When you open camera, go to MODE. You will see the Slow & Fast motion located there. You can also download them from the Samsung app store.

08-12-2015 03:47 PM
    You have to upgrade to the Note 5 if you want this option back...
    08-12-2015 05:06 PM
57 123