01-22-2017 01:46 AM
57 123
tools
    I have the note 4 and just last week updated to 5.1 ota AT&T and now my recording mode options are gone in my default camera app. I've spoken with Samsung and they are unaware of it. Anyone else have this issue or any advisement?
    03-29-2015 05:23 PM
    I have the note 4 and just last week updated to 5.1 ota AT&T and now my recording mode options are gone in my default camera app. I've spoken with Samsung and they are unaware of it. Anyone else have this issue or any advisement?
    Was it turned in to a feature that you have to download from the Samsung App Store? Did you do a factory reset after the update? A lot of people are having a huge range or issues after they update to Lollipop and doing a reset fixes a lot of them.
    Mjranieri likes this.
    03-29-2015 06:14 PM
    If it's true, that's going to **** me right off because I used it all the time

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    03-29-2015 06:55 PM
    If it's true, that's going to **** me right off because I used it all the time

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    You should be able to go in to the Samsung App store and do a search for it. If it does not pop up and you really need it do a back up with Samsung KIES and factory reset to see if it pops back up. Check with others who have done the update with the same phone and see if they lost the feature first. No sense in doing the reset if you lose it anyways.
    03-29-2015 07:07 PM
    I am on ATT and did the 5.01 update, I had many problems with battery and files I could not delete but then factory reset it and all is good now. I also made use of those additional camera modes and had to re-download them from samsung to restore them. They are free so no big deal in my book.
    03-29-2015 07:09 PM
    I am on ATT and did the 5.01 update, I had many problems with battery and files I could not delete but then factory reset it and all is good now. I also made use of those additional camera modes and had to re-download them from samsung to restore them. They are free so no big deal in my book.
    That is good to know, glad you got all fixed up with the reset. Wish it didn't have to come to that with so many people.
    03-29-2015 07:17 PM
    Most people don't want to do a hard reset and lose all their stuff just to fix a few annoyances.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    03-29-2015 09:47 PM
    Most people don't want to do a hard reset and lose all their stuff just to fix a few annoyances.
    I am with you, it sucks that it has to come to that in some cases. I have gotten to the point where I just have everything in the cloud now and am always ready to do a factory reset. That's just me.
    Bosbouer and Kronko like this.
    03-30-2015 07:44 AM
    I am with you, it sucks that it has to come to that in some cases. I have gotten to the point where I just have everything in the cloud now and am always ready to do a factory reset. That's just me.
    How do you keep your game progress backed up?
    03-30-2015 01:54 PM
    I don't really play games on my phone very often so I don't have any to back up.
    Kronko likes this.
    03-30-2015 01:59 PM
    I may be mistaken, but I think the AT&T upgrade was 5.0.1 not 5.1. Many of the hiccups in 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 have been addressed in 5.1 I've heard. So I expect you'll probably be getting updates in the next few months.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-30-2015 04:14 PM
    Its actually been placed under the section where you select the video quality. Its title FHD 90 or something lime that. Perhaps it's only 90 fps now.
    04-02-2015 06:06 PM
    Correction: its called FHD 60P
    04-02-2015 06:08 PM
    I encourage you to try the new MODEs. After Lollipop update the modes are absolutely terrible. The video is super low quality, very pixely and flickering. It's totally different API altogether compare to the one prior to the update. I used the slow motion quite often, and after the update it's about 480p quality kind of video. I'm amazed why there is so little news about it.

By the way, it's not device specific. I tried on 4 independent Notes, each has identical problem.

cheers
    Seba
    04-09-2015 10:18 AM
    you play games on a phone? seriously??
    Get a PC or console man! games on phones are utter jokes with crappy graphics, tiny screen, etc.
    04-09-2015 11:33 AM
    you play games on a phone? seriously??
    Get a PC or console man! games on phones are utter jokes with crappy graphics, tiny screen, etc.
    I don't sit in front a PC all day. I sit in waiting rooms, meetings, etc. I don't have time to waste my life away sitting in front of an Xbox all day long, I have a job, life, family.
    04-10-2015 01:37 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Can't get slo motion to work at all
    04-19-2015 02:51 PM
    You should be able to go in to the Samsung App store and do a search for it. If it does not pop up and you really need it do a back up with Samsung KIES and factory reset to see if it pops back up. Check with others who have done the update with the same phone and see if they lost the feature first. No sense in doing the reset if you lose it anyways.
    If i reset my note 4 my video recording mode will come again. Plz tell me
    04-23-2015 04:14 AM
    I'm afraid not. I did full factory reset on two of my units. I only wasted time in restoring all my settings and stuff. The video is just as it was. Really poor quality slow motion.
    04-23-2015 11:16 AM
    I'm afraid not. I did full factory reset on two of my units. I only wasted time in restoring all my settings and stuff. The video is just as it was. Really poor quality slow motion.
    I tested it on my note 4 and the playback is what I expected. It's not terrible but I can certainly view it. If i get a chance and the site will let me I will update the videos I did.
    04-24-2015 03:47 PM
    Use this app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....license&hl=en
    04-24-2015 04:09 PM
    Maybe I'm not understanding the OP's concern correctly, but I was under the impression that smooth motion is now the FHD 60 FPS. Works the same way. Actually, it's better because before, I would have to choose smooth motion prior to shooting every video. Now it stays at 60 FPS for all FHD videos. Very happy about that.

Note in my house!
    04-25-2015 05:45 AM
    I just received the update and noticed the same thing. Go into camera settings then reset settings. All the camera modes and such return along with the new lollipop modes.
    04-29-2015 02:08 AM
    I just received the update and noticed the same thing. Go into camera settings then reset settings. All the camera modes and such return along with the new lollipop modes.
    This is misleading.

They have moved "video settings" (or whatever it was titled) from the settings menu to instead become modes (like the ones you download). called "slow motion" and "fast motion". When recording slow motion, you now select 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 AFTER you've shot the video, not before, as it was in the kitkat version. And, as one person above stated, the quality is now much worse. Pisses me off.
    Sebakl and PookiePrancer like this.
    04-29-2015 01:18 PM
    I did a reset on my camera settings and slow mode and fast mode are showing in my modes now

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2015 03:29 PM
57 123