I recently switched to ART on my Verizon note 4 and it went from fast to laggy and slow. So I went back to dalvik. Anyone else have the same problems?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 09:06 PM
    ART should run faster, but converting Dalvik apps to ART is not the way to get a fast app. When apps are written as ART apps, things should improve markedly.
    03-29-2015 09:38 PM
    ART should run faster, but converting Dalvik apps to ART is not the way to get a fast app. When apps are written as ART apps, things should improve markedly.
    Yeah. Facebook just decided to not work after switching to ART.

03-29-2015 09:48 PM
    I'm just going to wait for lollipop. My note 4 Is still fast enough right now.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    03-29-2015 09:49 PM
    I'm just going to wait for lollipop. My note 4 Is still fast enough right now.

Kitkat was not designed to run ART and that setting in the developer options was to be used for testing mainly. Lollipop however was designed to run ART therefore once the apps are compiled they run smoothly. I have noticed a very large boost in performance since upgrading my AT&T Note 4 to 5.0.1.

Lollipop had been out for several months now and most reputable developers have updated their apps to run smoothly on Lollipop.
    03-31-2015 08:33 PM
    Yeah. Facebook just decided to not work after switching to ART.

It should work. I've used it with ART on Kit Kat and on Lollipop. Is that the only app that stopped working?
    03-31-2015 08:55 PM
    It should work. I've used it with ART on Kit Kat and on Lollipop. Is that the only app that stopped working?
    Yeah. All of my other apps seemed to work without issue.

04-01-2015 09:04 PM
    Kitkat was not designed to run ART and that setting in the developer options was to be used for testing mainly. Lollipop however was designed to run ART therefore once the apps are compiled they run smoothly. I have noticed a very large boost in performance since upgrading my AT&T Note 4 to 5.0.1.

Lollipop had been out for several months now and most reputable developers have updated their apps to run smoothly on Lollipop.
    Does kitKat use the same version of ART as lollipop, or on kitkat is it still the experimental version?

04-01-2015 09:06 PM
    Switched to ART about an hour ago and everything seems to be fine. All apps are working.... Don't know of the battery life yet. Will use it for sometime and see what happens
    Sent from droid RAZR HD(KitKat) using Tapatalk
    05-17-2015 12:35 PM