All of a sudden my screen will not respond to anything. It was really hot. I pulled the battery/replaced after about 2 minutes, the screen stopped working. Only thing I could do was pull the batter to get off the home screen (the fingerprint scanner would work). I booted into safe mode, which seemed to work, but I didn't leave it in safe mode very long. Deleted the last app which was installed 5 days ago.
    When i got home, I noticed when I pulled the s pen out the tip felt wet. It couldn't have been much water at all (no rain here, nothing spilled on it). My daughter was playing w/ the hose, but it was in my pocket and never got wet. Something must have gotten on it, but it couldn't have been very much.
    I left the battery out all night. Put it back in this am, and everything was working fine. Until I tried to charge it. Rapid charging kept giving an error message saying the phone couldn't charge. Tried an old charger and it was working, but the screen got hot and the stopped working again. It will be out the rest of the day w/ a fan on it.
    Any ideas what is wrong with it? Can it be repaired or is this replace time? Certain components that would cause these errors, or more in line w/ everything is fried from getting wet?
    03-30-2015 01:21 PM
    Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. By this time, there's probably quite a bit of damage inside the phone. (One drop of water that's a little acidic [think acid rain or chlorine in the city's water supply] can destroy the motherboard.)
    03-30-2015 05:15 PM
    Does the alcohol trigger the water indicator tabs?
    03-30-2015 06:47 PM
    I had the same issue with my phone a while back. The touch part went out on the screen, only way for me to fix it was pull the battery out like you said. Then it would have only worked for about 30 minutes. My phone was never dropped, or had any kind of water damage... I only had the phone for about 2 weeks at the time. What was odd was the phone would work fine with the S-Pen. I ended up taking the phone back to Verizon and got a replacement phone. Haven't had the issue yet with this new phone.
    03-30-2015 07:15 PM