I was taking a nap and I guess at some point my phone fell off the night stand while charging. The sound of it hitting the ground is what woke me up. It seems like it bent the charger. It only charges if I hold up on it. I checked my tab pro and my girlfriends phone and for the most part the same results are yielded. I don't really care if it's just a cable as that's $2 on ebay. But if it broke something in the phone I have a problem. It is insured through geeks quad but I'd rather not get a refurbished when I paid for a new phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Charger broke?-20150330_153701.jpg  
    03-30-2015 02:37 PM
    I was taking a nap and I guess at some point my phone fell off the night stand while charging. The sound of it hitting the ground is what woke me up. It seems like it bent the charger. It only charges if I hold up on it. I checked my tab pro and my girlfriends phone and for the most part the same results are yielded. I don't really care if it's just a cable as that's $2 on ebay. But if it broke something in the phone I have a problem. It is insured through geeks quad but I'd rather not get a refurbished when I paid for a new phone.

The only way to know is to swap out the cable and see if a new cable can charge your phone. If it can, just toss the old cable in the garbage and problem solved. If it cannot, then your phone was damaged.

PS: If the cable is bent as pictured, NEVER try to put it in another device to test the cable. It could end up damaging the charging port of the device you are trying to test it on. If a cable is bent, throw it away.
    03-30-2015 03:31 PM
    My car charger latches in perfectly. So I guess the cable is junk now.

03-30-2015 05:57 PM
    Went to Wal mart and picked up a new micro usb cable. Snaps in fine and works fine so I'm assuming all is well now. I was scared the little tab in the phone was broken.

04-01-2015 10:32 PM