I want to thank all those here that helped me but I jumped ship

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

So I loved my Note 4 with KitKat out of the box. It was just the phone I wanted even though I am a Mac user with 4 Macs in the house. I made the Note 4 work via Dropbox for pics etc. I kinda got accustomed to not having iMessage even though 99.999% of my friends did. The only really gripe I ever had early on with the Note 4 was crappy pics. Some called me crazy, they said I didn't know what I was doing, they said "did you take the plastic off?"....In the end it is now appearing that the first batch of Note 4's has a very serious auto focus issue...SO, I'm not crazy after all.

Moving forward...Just last week my Note 4 in collaboration with AT&T decided to push (shove down my throat) the Lollipop 5.0.1 update and this is where the REAL issues and dislikes began. After flat out refusing to do a factory reset and waiting a few days to see if I could indeed just get used to Lollipop, I bailed on Android/Google/Samsung and went back to the iPhone. I bought the 6 Plus today. Sure....there are things I hate about the iPhone but it took Lollipop to open my eyes and see that the iPhone's "issues" are pale in comparison. I will very much miss the S-pen!! I loved that feature!! I loved the display, the fast charging, the removable battery. I hated the camera and all the confusing settings, the TERRIBLE placement of the speakerphone, the quiet ringer, not being able to text a video longer that 3 seconds because the "file exceeded the limits", and the worst native email exchange client I think I've ever seen. Ultimately both the iPhone 6 and the Note 4 have their short comings. What is most important to all of us here is, what works best for us as individuals. For me it's going to be iOS moving forward.

To Google: Thanks for making me spend $1,017.80 today at the Apple store, but hey....glad you didn't get it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow. You refused to do what would've solved any problems. If a Factory Reset was too much, have fun with the iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone. I'm sure you are frustrated. I shake my head because I've not had a single problem with the lollipop update. I actually wasn't going to upgrade, but it was done automatically. But, as I said, no problems with it here.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Not to be mean but what's the point of writing a novel about how you moved to an iPhone on an Android site? Do you want approval or something?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Holy SMOKES!!!!
$1000 for an iphone 6 plus...u gotta be kidding me!

I honestly think that ppl who use macs should just stick with all things Apple...Apple wants you to afterall cuz they integrate their products, thus making sure you don't go to another ecosystem!

so IMO u made the right choice ..Good luck with the iOS journey!

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Holy SMOKES!!!!
$1000 for an iphone 6 plus...u gotta be kidding me!

I honestly think that ppl who use macs should just stick with all things Apple...Apple wants you to afterall cuz they integrate their products, thus making sure you don't go to another ecosystem!

so IMO u made the right choice ..Good luck with the iOS journey!

Not really. For computers I use Mac. Tablet is Ipad. I won't use anything else because they work flawlessley. However my handheld of choice for years has been android devices. I did own the 4s which was good, but that was it for me and the iphone experience.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I hope you enjoy your 6 plus. I have one and it's great. I also have a mac and two iPads so they all work well together. However I just bought a galaxy note 4 as I'm a big fan of the note line (previously owned the note 1 and 3) and samsung phones in general (owned the S4 and S5).

Posted from my gold note 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd been device agnostic for years, using Android or iOS as the seasons changed. Something happened though. When I got a 6+ I just couldn't appreciate it as much as I did my Note 4 and Note 3 anymore. I'm not exactly sure why. The 6+ went away and was replaced by a Note Edge. Weird but I'm happier.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So I loved my Note 4 with KitKat out of the box. It was just the phone I wanted even though I am a Mac user with 4 Macs in the house. I made the Note 4 work via Dropbox for pics etc. I kinda got accustomed to not having iMessage even though 99.999% of my friends did. The only really gripe I ever had early on with the Note 4 was crappy pics. Some called me crazy, they said I didn't know what I was doing, they said "did you take the plastic off?"....In the end it is now appearing that the first batch of Note 4's has a very serious auto focus issue...SO, I'm not crazy after all.

Moving forward...Just last week my Note 4 in collaboration with AT&T decided to push (shove down my throat) the Lollipop 5.0.1 update and this is where the REAL issues and dislikes began. After flat out refusing to do a factory reset and waiting a few days to see if I could indeed just get used to Lollipop, I bailed on Android/Google/Samsung and went back to the iPhone. I bought the 6 Plus today. Sure....there are things I hate about the iPhone but it took Lollipop to open my eyes and see that the iPhone's "issues" are pale in comparison. I will very much miss the S-pen!! I loved that feature!! I loved the display, the fast charging, the removable battery. I hated the camera and all the confusing settings, the TERRIBLE placement of the speakerphone, the quiet ringer, not being able to text a video longer that 3 seconds because the "file exceeded the limits", and the worst native email exchange client I think I've ever seen. Ultimately both the iPhone 6 and the Note 4 have their short comings. What is most important to all of us here is, what works best for us as individuals. For me it's going to be iOS moving forward.

To Google: Thanks for making me spend $1,017.80 today at the Apple store, but hey....glad you didn't get it.

Seems like that was a rash decision but to each his own. All you had to do was try a factory reset. Don't blame Google for "making" you spend that money. You made the choice to spend it.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
As much as I am against Apple and their products...I too recommend to friends who use a Mac and an iPad to go with an iPhone. It makes sense...they all work together nicely.

But to let the Note 4 go without trying a factory reset first? It would have restored your phone to 'out of the box' which is the same state your iPhone would have come in. You would have actually saved 6 seconds by keeping the Note! 6 seconds is the time it supposedly takes to get the iPhone box open...

Seriously though...I think you will like working with all Apple again. I use a Surface Pro 3...I would love Samsung to make Note 4 Windows/Android combo! I know...I dreaming...

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Wow. You refused to do what would've solved any problems. If a Factory Reset was too much, have fun with the iPhone.

Not dissing your choice to switch - what works for you works for you. However, I agree with LA, why not try a factory reset. In going from the Note back to the iP you basically did a much larger factory reset (and paid $1K to do it).

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
This is why i tell people that if you want a phone that easy to work with even grandmas and toddlers can use it.. Get an iphone.
Now if youre a tech junkie and love customization.. Android is for you.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Not dissing your choice to switch - what works for you works for you. However, I agree with LA, why not try a factory reset. In going from the Note back to the iP you basically did a much larger factory reset (and paid $1K to do it).

Why did you quote me, telling OP that you aren't dissing his choice to switch? PLEASE don't confuse me with OP. After reading what he wrote, I have to be sure you're not confusing me for him. We are nothing alike. I would spend an hour doing a factory reset to have a perfectly capable device as opposed to wasting 1k on a similar (albeit less functional) device and then blaming my laziness on Google.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The op might as well tried a factory reset. Switching phones, either way you have to set your phone up again. But before I spend a thousand dollars on another phone, I would try a factory reset. That's just me

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Not to be mean but what's the point of writing a novel about how you moved to an iPhone on an Android site? Do you want approval or something?

Yeah. I always find these kinds of threads quite strange.

Just pick up your ball and go home. There's no need for a "Look at me!" thread.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I could not agree more with everyone asking "why post the switch here?" I mean a factory reset would have most likely fixed any issues. To spend 1000 just because you did not want to do a factory reset, to me, is nuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton