I'm running lollipop on a Note 4 and I use the stock "Messages" app got texting. I've recently noticed when I am in a texting conversation window and receive a text in that conversation, my text notification sound does not go off. Any thoughts/known fixes? Thanks.
    03-31-2015 12:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I've always found this to be normal behavior, the rationale being that if you're looking at the actual text conversation, you presumably already know that a new message arrived.
    03-31-2015 12:50 AM
    Hmm, thanks. Is there a way to get it to sound even if this is the case? It's rather annoying to set my phone down, then receive a text and not realize it. This is new on the Note 4 compared to the S3 which always sounded regardless of if you were looking at the conversation or not.
    03-31-2015 01:00 AM
    Sorry, I wouldn't be able to answer that definitively. Hopefully someone else with a Note 4 can chime in about this.
    03-31-2015 01:39 AM
    I just got this phone this week and noticed the same thing - I've been trying to find a setting to change or something but no luck. It's also new to me and I just upgraded my Note 2 (which I loved to death) to the Note 4.

This is going to **** me off more than anything because every time I send a text I have to back out of the conversation before I put my phone down since I don't have time to sit there and stare at my phone waiting for a response (apparently the rest of the world does this and doesn't see anything wrong with it?? )

Why would they make technology waste your time when one of its biggest advantages is to save time? I need my notifications back!!! Please post if you've found a workaround, I'd appreciate it immensely.

04-02-2015 05:27 PM
    I just got this phone this week and noticed the same thing - I've been trying to find a setting to change or something but no luck. It's also new to me and I just upgraded my Note 2 (which I loved to death) to the Note 4.

This is going to **** me off more than anything because every time I send a text I have to back out of the conversation before I put my phone down since I don't have time to sit there and stare at my phone waiting for a response (apparently the rest of the world does this and doesn't see anything wrong with it?? )

Why would they make technology waste your time when one of its biggest advantages is to save time? I need my notifications back!!! Please post if you've found a workaround, I'd appreciate it immensely.

+1....This sucks!
    04-02-2015 06:47 PM
    Does it have something to do with the texting app? I noticed when I used the textra app that when the app was open the alert would not go off, but when I use the go sms app it does.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2015 07:18 PM